Chapter One

Muser

There he sat, gazing out the same window, no words leaving his mouth and no emotions being expressed. He just sat there, as part of his daily morning routine once he entered the school building. Earbuds were plugged into his ears and his head gently rested against his palm, his other hand reaching into his bag as rain continued to lightly tap on the surface of the glass.

Nobody knows why Sehun stopped socializing. It's been rumored that he's suicidal, murderous, even. But he never seemed to care, as all he would do is sit by the same window pain, cover his head with the same hoodie, and draw.

He removed his forearm from the inside of his bag, pulling out a sketchbook and a pencil along with it and double taking from the window to the blank sheet of paper. The soft graphite pressed delicately against the surface of the composition, his eyebrows furrowing as he sketched out the gloomy landscape in which the window had to offer.

The typical group of eight entered the room, loud footsteps demolishing the relaxing silence and obnoxiously noisy voices breaking Sehun from his focus.

"Hey, pedo, what did you decide to draw for us this morning?" Junmyeon, known as the 'leader' of the friend group, asked with a cackle.

Sehun quietly exhaled in frustration, removing an earbud from his ear and flipping over his sketchbook for the rest of the boys to see.

"Wow, you're very skilled! ." Yixing praised, his purity slowly but surely sickening Junmyeon. "I couldn't draw like that even if I spent my whole life practicing."

Junmyeon scrunched his nose and subtly punched Yixing in the arm, receiving a mouthed 'ow' in return.

"You know what else would be hard, Sehun?" The mischievous boy asked and Sehun tilted his head, his lips turning downwards into a frown as he had figured this would never end up well.

Junmyeon had been a barrier in the youngest's life ever since he began college, and from what he knew, the smaller proportioned yet hot tempered senior could never leave Sehun alone without making his life even more miserable than it already had been in some way. He gulped as Junmyeon's gaze traveled towards the thick notebook and his grip around the hard, cardboard covering had tightened. 

"...What?" The youngest murmered, completely avoiding eye contact. 

"If something were to happen to your drawings and you'd have to redraw, like, all of them." Junmyeon pondered, mockingly brushing his fingers against his chin. "That would be awful."

"Honestly, Junmyeon hyung, they're just doodles. They're replaceable." Sehun answered bluntly, although he was violently biting his top lip and his heart was racing faster than ever.

Junmyeon smirked, resting his elbow against Yixing's shoulder. "Is that so?"

The young boy shakily nodded and closed the sketchbook up, his head continuing to tilt towards his black converse and his fingers tangling together in utter nervousness. He picked the large book up from the desk and began to slide it back into his open bag, Junmyeon's smirk morphing into a wide smile as his reflexes allowed him to snatch the book from the boy's hands before it could reach the bag's dark blue material.

"Junmyeon-ah, is this really necessary-"

"Yes, it is. Now stop breathing on my neck so I can look at these drawings." He snapped, Yixing obediently backing away.

The dominant boy calmly flipped through the thick pieces of paper, quiet 'huh.'s and 'wow.'s leaving his mouth every once in a while. His fingers began to latch onto the corners of the pages and he forcefully ripped the paper from the spine of the book, white sheets of composition fluttering to the floor before the youngest's eyes.

"Yah, what the hell?!" Sehun groaned, angrily shooting upwards from his seat.

Junmyeon began to talk as if he were singing a song, mindlessly continuing to rip out the pages one by one. "You said they were replaceable."

The youngest crossed his arms, taking a short pause. "Just give me the sketchbook, I need to get to class."

"Hang on, just a few more pages to rip out..." Junmyeon mocked.

"No, stop!" Sehun yelped, swiftly moving in the direction of the older.

Junmyeon stopped on a page in particular, his smile fading and his grip on the sketchbook tightening. His lips began to depart in amazement and Sehun's head dangled low in shame, the youngest knowing exactly which page the obnoxious male had landed on.

"Is this who I think it is?"

"Y-Yes, it is. Please d-don't show anyone." Sehun stammered as he fought back his tears.

Of all people, the devil in human form just happened to land on the page. It had never crossed his mind that someone would find it, especially since his introverted personality is often keeping so much to himself. The irony of the quiet kid's biggest secret being leaked was astonishing to the youngest, though his expression contradicted that thought as the temperature of his cheeks began to rise excessively.

"What's the drawing of, Junmyeon?" Minseok asked, stepping on his tippy-toes to try and catch a glimpse of the work.

Junmyeon looked at the teary-eyed freshman and huffed in an irritated manner, closing the book and mercifully handing it back to him. "It's nothing, guys."

Sehun took a sigh of relief and reached for the book that was being handed to him, tightly grabbing it and ripping it from Junmyeon's grasp.

The older scoffed, "For the record, I'm not letting you off this easy."

"What do you mean?" Sehun asked as he was in the middle of storing the thick book back into his bag.

Junmyeon called out a name, crossing his arms. "Jongin,"

"Yeah?" A golden skinned, freshman boy answered, brushing his dusty-brunette hair out of his eyes nervously.

"I want you to take Sehun into the choir room and don't let him out until he draws a new picture. He needs a muse."

Sehun nearly choked on air at the older's request, frantically shaking his head and burying his face into his hands.

"Hyung, we have class-"

"Did I stutter?" Junmyeon lectured Jongin, tilting his head and raising an eyebrow.

"Fine." Jongin groaned. "You owe me."