Choices

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and your group had just got done filming the music video for one of your songs for your new comeback. You were covered in five pounds of makeup, hair spray and sweat, you hadn’t had anything to eat or drink all day long and you were running on an hour and a half of sleep. You had no idea why your manager thought that it would be a good time to play twenty questions with you when you wanted to do nothing but curl up and go to sleep.  You glared at him softly hoping that he would get the drift and leave you alone.

“Don’t look at me like that, I have to know some answers so that way I can be prepared for you schedules tomorrow!” he barked

You sighed and closed your eyes. It really wasn’t his fault that he was asking you so many questions. He was just trying to do his job, just like you were. You just wished that now that you were officially done with filming that he would give you some time to yourself.

“So anyways….” He started again “tomorrow you have to be at the theatre at 5 for rehearsals and then at the salon at 7. What have you decided to do with your style for the comeback stage?” he asked

You hadn’t thought about anything at all other than how well you were going to perform for the music video. It had been your focus all day long and you didn’t have the patients to think about anything else.

“Honestly, I don’t know yet. I hadn’t thought about it much today.” You confessed softly

“Y/N!” your manager half yelled

You started to softly laugh at his exasperation and it slowly turned into full fledged laughter. People were turning their heads to look at your loud outbreak and your manager was sending the people apologetic glances and bowed to each person that you disturbed.

“What is wrong with you?!” he asked quietly through his teeth

“I’m sorry!… I’m sorry!” you said through your laughter and tears “I’m just so tired, everything is funny right now” you said trying to hold back any further laughter

He sighed and looked at your face “I know”

He stood up and found a coffee machine tucked away in the corner and quickly made you a cup of coffee. He added sugar and creamer in it which he wasn’t allowed to do and handed you the cup quickly hoping that no one saw his small act of kindness.

You practically ripped the cup out of his hands and took a short sip, allowing the hot liquid gold to coat your throat. It felt so good to finally have something in your body after essentially dancing for 24 hours straight. You let out a long exaggerated ‘aahhh’ and your manager scoffed at your overdramatics.

“Seriously, you need to decide so I can tell the stylist and the company” he said more empathetically this time.

Your manager had been so much more than a manager to you. He had been a helping hand all throughout your career since your trainee days and he always was there when you needed him. He didn’t treat you like you were and idol or someone who was above life. He brought you back down to earth when you needed it and he sided with you when you deserved it. And most of all he treated you fairly, unlike some other people who treated you like you were a robot running on batteries. He had become a reliable and trustworthy friend.

“Well which one do you think would suit me best?” you asked him

He pulled out his phone and looked at each of the example photos that he had for each style that was proposed for your comeback stages. He put the screen up beside your face and swiped through each photo imagining them as your own style.

“I kind of like the classic black bob” he admitted “It’s clean and it’s a regular hairstyle. They won’t have to do a bunch of stuff to maintain it either.”

You nodded your head as you thought about how nice it would be to have regular hair for once. Pink, blonde, black and purple were colors that were displayed in your hair proudly through the many performances and filming that you have done. It would dry quickly and it would allow you to cut off all of the damaged ends all at once and start over with your hair.

“Okay let’s do that then!” you agreed

“okay sweet…” he said with a smile as he began to text the stylist and make phone calls to the company to notify them of the decision.

You finished your coffee and waited for the rest of your members to join you after they were done with their own individual shoots. One by one they came in and sat down next to you around the table with their own warm cup of coffee. Each and every one of the girls looked like they were ready to pass out in their seats at any moment.

“agghh” jenny groaned clutching her stomach, willing the hunger pains to go away

“Is it possible to eat and sleep at the same time?” Jessica asked half-heartedly

Amber laughed at her dumb question and put her head down on the table, hoping to get a little shut eye before someone disturbed the momentary peace. Your manager ended the call and looked around the table at each one of your hopeless faces. He sighed and then stood up from his chair

“Are we ready to go home?” he asked everyone a little more excited that the day had finally ended.

In return everyone grunted their yeses to him and still remained seated. No one wanted to move a muscle and frankly each one of you could end up passing out in the position that you were in without any troubles. At this point the noise and the lights didn’t even bother you anymore.

“Let’s go!” he cheered walking away from the table regardless of whether anyone followed or not.

You all dragged yourselves out to the car and slept the fifteen minutes that it took to get home. And upon the arrival at your dorms you all shuffled out and went straight to the bathrooms to shower and crashed in bed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter