MiRACLE

One Holiday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S O U N D T R A C K 

(play at 2:58 when you see the red lyrics while reading!) 

At a comfy quaint Christmas inspired cabin, Mark and Ara have finally finished up wrapping the baked cookies Ara’s grandmother made in small decorative boxes. 

“Great job team!” The elderly woman said, airing out her palms for a high five. 

“Oh look, the blizzard has passed. You guys should get going soon.” She added after observing the calm winter night upon them. 

“Where did you say you were heading again?” Ara asked Mark. 

“At a friend’s cabin.” 

“In Merry Lane, right?” She added. 

“Deh.” Mark nodded. 

“Can I ask which house, since our cousin’s family lives around there. I might know where it is.” 

“25 Merry Lane.” 

“Oh! It is my cousin!!” Ara beamed. 

“What are the odds??” Her grandmother chuckled hearing the conversation. 

“Seohyun’s your cousin??” 

“Deh! She’s younger than I am, but she’s around the same age as my sister. They’re the ones who lives in Seoul.” Ara disclosed. 

Their talk was interrupted when a voice was yelling out by the doors and was noisily racking the key in the door. 

“Halmeoniiii!!” Jisoo pouted as she hurriedly stepped inside to embrace her grandmother while Jinyoung trailed behind her. 

“Oh, Mark hyung!” 

“You guys know each other?” Ara queried. 

“We work together.” Mark disclosed. 

“I’ve been having a hard time contacting you. And everyone because of this weather. I’m glad you’re here safe!” Jinyoung said relieved seeing a familiar face in the cabin.

"I'm glad you're okay too." Mark said patting his friend at the back. 

“Oh, honey, you brought home a man too??” The girls' grandmother teased. 

“Too?!” Jisoo exclaimed relieving her grandmother’s hug to face back to her older sister. 

“Unnie??” She said placing her hands on her waists. “Are you dating already?? Why didn’t you tell me! I thought we tell each other everything?!” 

“Ya! For the last time, we’re not dating okay!” Ara soon explained herself. 

“Well you should, you two make quite a pair.” Their grandmother commented. 

Jinyoung stifled a laugh at the cute elderly woman. 

“Halmeonii~” Ara shyly pouted. 

“And how about you, huh?” Ara then turned to her sister. “Who’s that guy??” She queried tipping her head in Jinyoung’s direction who was just smiling politely. 

“Oh he’s an old dude.” Jisoo said plainly. 

“Ya.” Jinyoung’s expression grew stern at the comment. 

“I’m kiddiiiing! Relaaax~” Jisoo chuckled. 

“They’re definitely dating.” Mark teased this time much to Ara’s amusement. 

“We’re not!” Jinyoung and Jisoo said in unison. 

The elderly woman in the room broke into chuckles. “Don’t you four need to be somewhere?” 

“Right. We should bring you guys back.” Ara spoke. 

“Oh no no! You can just tell us where to go, so you can just stay here with your grandmother.” Jinyoung quickly rejected knowing Jisoo has been away from her grandmother and their Christmas tradition for so long.

“It’s okay, we’ll be meeting our cousin there too anyways.” Ara explained. 

“Oh yeah, Seohyun unnie!” Jisoo recalled. 

“Seohyun’s your cousin?” Jinyoung queried. 

“Deh, why?” 

“Her cabin’s where we’re heading to.” 

“Well then it’s perfect! You girls bring her this lasagna that she loves.” The elderly chirped as she placed a warm dish in a glass microwavable tupper ware and into an eco bag. 

“Are you sure?” Jinyoung asked Jisoo quietly this time. Enough for just the two of them to hear. 

“I don’t want you to be away from your grandmother again? And your traditions?” Jinyoung continued to relay his compassion. 

“It’s okay. Our traditions starts at Christmas day anyway.” Jisoo especially adored the fact that he’s very considerate. 

“We’ll be back soon, halmeoni!” She then said to her grandmother as they made their way to the doors. 

“Take your time, my loves. Your harabeoji would’ve told you to just enjoy and take your time with friends. Tell Seohyunie to drop by here before they leave.” 

“Sure thing, halmeoni!” Jisoo said while Jinyoung trailed behind her. 

“Thanks for the warm food, halmeoni.” Mark said before he stepped out of the cabin house. 

“No problem, dear. Come back soon!” The elderly woman said watching him as he followed Ara out. 

“You kids take care!” 

 

***

 

After Hana have gone out to get some information, she finally got herself back warm inside Jaebum’s car. 

“Hey guys I—“

But the last thing she ever wanted to see was his best friend locking lips with her other friend. 

“Oh.. oops..” She uttered. Slowly shutting her door side close. 

The two immediately pulled apart blushing profusely. 

“Did I.. uh..” Hana continued to utter under the awkward air between them. 

“It’s okay, hamster..” Jaebum quickly responded coughing to compose himself back cooly in his seat. Solbin was just fixing her hair to the side hopefully trying to hide her reddened cheeks. 

“Are.. you guys.. okay now?” Hana was smart enough to patch up the pieces. 

“Hamster? What were you about to say earlier?” Jaebum said under gritted teeth knowing his best friend was going to interrogate them so he tried changing the topic. 

“Before.. you interrupted?” He added with a tone for her to not press anymore. 

Hana bit her smile back knowing full well what just happened. 

“Right. Um.” She uttered composing herself back. “The Santa looking ahjussi said the road to Merry Lane is blocked. So we need to go through the longer route that might take us three more hours since it’s going around the area. And it’s not guaranteed that any roads there aren’t blocked either..” 

Jaebum sensed her agitation. She clearly was worried at their current state. She needs to be somewhere right now. 

“What do you think we should do?” He queried gazing at her by the rearview mirror. 

Jaebum knew how to carefully ask Hana if she’s anxious and worried. He tricks her into questions to help her analyse her own conclusion. 

“I don’t know, J..” Hana said turning sullen. 

“Hana, I know you. We will get through this. You will see him tonight. I promise you that.” He assured his bestfriend. His other fool proof plan to ease out her anxieties. 

Solbin shared a secret smile at him appreciating how sweet he is to his best friend. 

“So, what will it be? We can wait here with no guarantees of anyone plowing that 5 feet snow to Merry Lane or drive 3 hours with still no guarantees of open roads..” 

They knew the second was the better option because atleast they’re going somewhere, it’s more irritating to wait for nothing. 

“Bunny, I need to see Jackson.” Hana smiled, knowing full well what her answer was. 

Jaebum grinned in return, turning the gear to drive. “I got you hamster.” He said as he pedal in the gas. 

 

***

 

Meanwhile, the four finally arrived at the cabin walking on foot through a shoved pathway. They entered greeting everyone in sight and the girls hugging their cousin who was greeting them by the door. 

“Seohyunnie!” 

“Gahh! I miss you two!” Seohyun beamed crashing both of them into a hug. 

Seohyun was ushering them to enter when Jisoo paused her tracks. Her eyes grew wide at a familiar set of faces in the living room. 

“YOU!!” Jisoo pointed her finger at Bambam who’s eyes also grew wide in shock. 

“Ahh! Hyung!! Why did you bring her here!!” He screeched as Jisoo ran towards the younger boy as he flee away from her. 

“Wait, isn’t she our server from the diner earlier?” Soojung spoke for them. 

“You know these kids??” Jisoo paused to turn to Jinyoung. 

The rest were pretty clueless to what was happening. 

“Wait, these were the spoiled kids that scammed you??” Jinyoung disclosed. 

Yumi and Soojung were appalled at the information. 

“And these are the spoiled kids you knew??” Jisoo was steaming from irritation. 

“What’s happening?” Ara voiced. 

“Wait, hold up. We’re not.. spoiled you know..” Bambam had the nerve to reason. 

“Shut up!! You ran from your bill and didn’t pay me!” 

Yumi and Soojung gasped at the disclosure. Yugyeom had his face scrunched at the information knowing his best friend could be that idiot. 

“Wait.. Jisoo, I’m sorry. Let me take care of it.” Jinyoung said as he quickly paced towards the maknaes. 

“Oh boy..” Mark uttered beside Ara. 

Jinyoung quickly got each of the boys’ ears in his hands and dragged them away from the scene. 

“Ahh ahh~” Yugyeom uttered. 

“A-Appa appa~” Bambam uttered in pain as he too helplessly followed. 

Jisoo observed how Jinyoung became authoritative with the two. She watched as he crossed his arms in front of the boys who’s head hung low. 

“Did you know how much she had to pay for you guys so she had to walk home?? How are you guys so inconsiderate??” She overheard him say. 

“We had no choice??” 

“So your only option was to run?? You didn’t ask the girls for money???”

Jisoo couldn’t help but blush seeing Jinyoung in this state defending her from them. Her irritation soon faded just by watching him merely reprimand them. 

“Do they always get scolded.. like this?” Soojung spoke. 

“Yeah, most of the time. But they’re good guys. Idiot at times but still.” Yumi explained for them. 

“Hey.. unnie..” Yumi then turned to face Jisoo. “I’m sorry again for what happened. My boyfriend's behaviours are inexcusable. Actually we didn’t know the boys had no money with them, we have money to pay but we didn’t have the chance. They were.. you know.. fighting for pride. but.. we can pay you back now if you want, how much do we owe you?” 

“Yeah, I can half too. I feel bad now knowing what happened to you.” Soojung added. 

“It’s fine, you guys. Thank you. Jinyoung did a lot. Just tell them not to do it again.” Jisoo was kind enough to easily forgive them. It was Christmas eve after all. She didn’t want to hold on to anger for long. 

“Sure will, unnie.” Yumi beamed. 

The gang soon bonded over cheese platters and wine under the fireplace as it reach the night time. While everyone was enjoying the quality time, one was rather silent and have been staring out of the window as the time past. 

Jinyoung, who knew Jackson well, had his arm wrapped around him to comfort his best friend.

“Cheer up, seunnie. She’d still want you to enjoy. Christmas is for happiness and a celebrat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter