Mistletoe

One Holiday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S O U N D T R A C K

(play while reading!) 

“Eeeeeeeyyy~” 

Bambam greeted when he opened the backseat door for his girlfriend to step in. Yugyeom parked his black Audi right in front of Bambam’s building picking them up right on schedule. 

“Sup man!” Yugyeom responded with a nod.

“Hi Yugi!” Yumi, Bambam’s girlfriend greeted. Yugyeom replied with a bright smile. 

Bambam have already placed their bags at the back of the car and were ready to go.

“Everyone buckled?” Yugyeom queried as he fixed the rear view mirror. 

“Check!” Bambam said as he clasped his seat belt shut. 

“You babe? You good?” He then asked his girlfriend from behind them. 

“Yup! I’m good.” She replied. 

Bambam and Yugyeom shared a quick eye contact and Yumi, who have been a witness to their antics for a while now, were bracing herself from the impact. 

“ROAAADTRIIIPPP!” They both yelled in unison while Yugyeom gassed the car forward. 

“Woop woop!! Skrt skrrrt!” Bambam uttered while dabbing stupidly. 

Yumi giggled shaking her head at the sight of her boyfriend being his idiot self again. It took a lot of getting used to at first but it’s one of the reasons why she loved him. He was fun to be around, all the more when he’s with his best friend, Yugyeom. 

“Alright, got my road trip playlist ready. All our favorite tunes stored and shuffled.” Bambam announced as he fixed up Yugyeom’s car bluetooth to connect to his phone. 

“Why.. do you have a mistletoe on your rearview mirror?” Bambam asked as soon as the mistletoe dangling around the mirror caught his eye. 

“Oh.. it’s Jackson hyung’s early christmas gift as a joke. He says I might get lucky.” Yugyeom explained. Bambam cackled at the thought. Jackson would really be the type to tease the younger boy that way. 

“How about Jaebum-hyung? Is he on his way?” Bambam queried. 

“Yeah, he’s picking her up at the airport now.” Yugyeom answered with no to little context but they clearly understood each other. 

By the time they got to the highway, Yugyeom made a mysterious turn on the left, completely missing the highway exits to Gangwon-do. 

“Hey man, this is not the way to Gangwon-do??” Bambam noticed the direction. 

Yumi was also curious to where they were heading. 

“Look, I.. invited someone to come with us.” 

“Oh good! So it’s not just us three then?” Yumi beamed from the back expecting she’d have someone to talk to beside her since she knows how her boyfriend and his best friend would be pretty much occupied the whole trip. 

“Why are you so happy about baby??” Bambam turned around. “What if he’s a dude? I won’t allow him to sit beside you though.” 

“Well, who is it, Yugi?” Yumi queried Yugyeom who was busy recalling the way to a certain apartment building. 

“Um.. a special friend.” 

Bambam uttered an exaggerated gasp. Yumi was just rolling her eyes at the back. 

“You have another friend????” He teased.  “Am I not special to you Gyeom-ah???” 

“No, I mean. It’s a girl.” 

“Yay!” Yumi cheered. 

“Oh my god. Don’t tell me.” Bambam smile slowly grew to a mischievous grin. 

He knew just about everything when it comes to Yugyeom. He never had a girlfriend, he’s pretty shy around girls and he only sets his eyes on just one girl. So Bambam instantly knew who it was since Yugyeom can’t stop talking about her ever since. 

“Look, don’t ruin this for me okay man?” Yugyeom said as he parked his car beside a building. 

“Soojung will meet her sister at Gangwon-do. So she asked a favour for me when she knew I was going. And I can’t say no to that??” He reasoned. 

“Wait, Soojungie as in, your long time crush now???” Yumi queried, obviously updated with the news since Bambam shares it with her. 

“D-deh..” Yugyeom has grown shy at the thought. His cheeks burning red. 

“Eeeyyyy~ I’m happy for you man!” Bambam said cheerfully this time with a pat in his back.

“You both behave, okay?” Yugyeom warned.

“I got you man. Don’t worry.” Bambam said confidently. 

“If he doesn’t, I’ll tame him, Yugi. Don’t worry. He’ll be at his best behavior.” Yumi assured him while she laid a hand on his shoulders. 

“Thanks Yumi.” Yugyeom smiled warmly. 

“Hey! I’ll be nice??” Bambam argued which made the two chuckle. 

Yugyeom expression instantly alarmed when she saw Soojung stepped out of her building. He scurried to discard the seatbelts on him as he stepped out of the car to fetch her. 

“Good morning.” He shyly greeted.

“Good morning. Thank you again for the ride. I hope it’s not a bother.” Soojung said beaming her kilowatt smile. The smile that made Yugyeom’s knees melt. 

“N-no, not at all. Here, let me help you.”  Yugyeom went to her bag and escorted her to his car. 

The window at the passenger seat slowly lowered as soon as the two neared. 

“Heeeeeeeyyy Sooojung-aaahh” Bambam said with exaggeration and a cheeky smile. 

Yugyeom behind him was sighing heavily while sharing death glares as he went to his trunk to place Soojung’s bag. 

“Hi, Bam oppa! Is Yumi coming?” 

“She’s here at the back.” Bambam said tipping his head. On cue, Yumi’s head popped in the middle of the seats to peek up front. 

“Hi! Glad to have another one on board. I thought I might not survive alone with this goofballs.” She kids.

Soojung giggled in return. 

Yugyeom returned back and opened the passenger door. 

“Hey what the—?” Bambam said baffled his side of the door opened.

“Come on man..” Yugyeom said while he secretly shares an eye contact with him, tipping his head on Soojung’s direction.

“Are you kidding me??” Bambam said gawking. 

“But I’m your playlist man and guide?!” He added more reasons just for him to keep his seat. 

“Technically, Yumi is much a better guide though.” Yugyeom pointed out. 

Bambam looked at him with disgust accompanied by an overly dramatic gasp. 

“That was one time!! We got lost, one time!” He defended. 

“I got my first ticket because of it.” Yugyeom pointed out more.

“Oh I think Bambam oppa can take the seat since I’m not good with directions anyway..” Soojung sensed the tension between the two best friends. 

“Good call, Soojung-ssi. Let’s sit here at the back before these two fools break each other’s necks.” Yumi said popping her head again in between the seats. 

Bambam glared at Yugyeom before he dramatically pulled his door side close. Yugyeom rolled his eyes in defeat before he assisted Soojung in her seat right beside Yumi. 

Bambam was silently sputtering complaints as Yugyeom took his seat by the driver’s.  

“Can’t believe you’re about to exchange me for her..” He mumbled crossing his arms like a pouting kid. 

“Shh!” Yugyeom warned with a look. 

“Ya, are we not going or what??” Yumi now broke off the battle of glares. 

“We’re going baby..” Bambam instantly shifted his annoyed glare to a lovable one to reply to his girlfriend before shifting back to Yugyeom. 

“I’m hurt, Kim Yugyeom.” 

Yugyeom just made a face before he started his route again to Gangwon-do.

The car ride soon back to its enjoyable state when Bambam turn his music on shuffle. Everyone was jamming both to kpop and international songs that were familiar. 

Soon enough, last night’s weather news was accurate. The strong cast of wind was blowing outside the car as they made their way to Gangwon-do. They were following a narrow path road directed by their google maps app. 

Theere were just traditional houses and a few establishments open. No one else dared to walk the heaps of snow on the sidewalk and the current blizzard they’re getting into. 

“Boy, Youngjae hyung was right about leaving early. This blizzard is pretty heavy, it’s almost zero visibility around here.” Yugyeom said as he started to drive slowly for their safety. 

“The weather’s pretty scary around here.” Yumi said as they too observed their surrounding. 

“Don’t worry baby, the maps says we’re close anyway.” Bambam said as he kept his eyes on both road and the map to direct Yugyeom. 

“We’re close to where exactly? I don’t see a thing??” Yugyeom said as he drove the car forward leaning out to get a better view of their path. 

“Turn left.” The automated voice announced. 

“Left?? There’s no road on my left??” Yugyeom said as he slowly parked his car. 

The houses nearby was blanketed with snow. The sidewalks were pretty already knee deep in snow. There weren’t any road on their left but a few establishments and old houses. 

“That’s what it says here??” Bambam said pointing in his phone. 

“Are you sure you’re looking at the maps right??” Yugyeom said as he still busied himself outside checking for any signs. 

“I’m pretty sure??? The maps says left??” 

“Well, there’s no left.” Yugyeom argued growing irritated at the situation. 

“Are we lost??” Soojung spoke softly from behind Yugyeom. 

“No!” Both boys were quick to answer. 

“I mean..” Yugyeom turned his expression to an assuring smile as he stared back at Soojung from the rear view mirror. 

“The road possibly got covered in snow.” He reasoned. 

“There might be another way?” Yumi asked. 

“The signal here is pretty bad. The map is not reconnecting it’s location..” Bambam answered. 

“Maybe we should ask around?” Soojung suggested.  

“I don’t see any— Oh! There! There’s an ahjussi walking by.” Yugyeom pointed his finger by Bambam’s side. The latter was quick to lower down his window. 

“Excuse me, ahjussi!” Bambam called out. 

The man, in a thick red coat, rounder in built and white beard, turned his head upon being called. 

“Do you happen to know where 25 Merry Lane, is?” 

“It’s nearby.” He answered them. 

The group instantly beamed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter