Come Home (Intro)

One Holiday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S O U N D T R A C K 

(click to play while reading!) 

The snow falls lightly on the windscreen of Youngjae’s car the night of the 23rd of December. They were one day away from Christmas. Every one had plans, some were catching up on some holiday gifts, some are on their way to a holiday vacation and others just wishes for love ones to come home for Christmas. 

“I know that look..” 

Jackson’s usual cheery expression turned sullen after recognising his girlfriends’ apologetic expression on his phone. 

“Baobei..” Hana cooed over the screen. 

Youngjae, and his girlfriend Seohyun on the passenger seat beside him, shared pitiful glances at each other. 

This has been Jackson’s and Hana’s situation for a good year. Meeting over Skype sessions, online chats and long distance calls. 

Hana was working overseas. She’s an executive chef. She was originally based in Seoul, where she met Jackson. They’ve been dating for 4 years but this was the longest they have been separated. Her company’s restaurant was opening a lot of branches in Europe, and she has been told to overlook the preparations. 

At first it was just for 3 months, but it got extended to 4, then 5 and it had been a year, Jackson had counted. It was Hana’s big break for her career. Opening branches meant big opportunities and it doubles the pay. 

Jackson, however supportive he was, still wishes she’d come home for the holidays. Christmas was their thing. They make gingerbread houses, cuddle up under the covers with hot choco, binge-watch some of their favorite holiday movies then she cooks delicious meals while they host Christmas dinners with friends.

“I’m really sorry.. I’m going to miss spending Christmas with you this year.” 

“You promised, baobei.” Jackson pouted.

He was getting teary at the thought of not having his girlfriend by his side on Christmas. He tried to keep it together until the end of the call. 

“I promise I’ll make it up to you..” 

“How?” 

It was silent on the other end. She couldn’t give him an answer now. 

“I’m tired..” His voice was low but enough for everyone to hear. 

Seohyun up front shared a worried glance beside Youngjae. He still had his eyes on the road but he shares his sympathies with her. 

“Baobei please don’t be like that. You know how important this is for me.” Hana’s voice rang inside the quiet car ride. 

“I know.. I’m just.. tired for today..” Jackson reasoned. She wasn't sure if that was honest or he was hiding his pain. 

Not in a million years would he think of breaking up with Hana. She is his world and he is in hers. But tonight, with a million questions and pitiful thoughts in his head plus the cold dark snowy eery road outside the car, he soon might think otherwise. 

He let himself be vulnerable in the backseat after the call ended. Let all the emotions run down to him. He consider Youngjae one of his brothers and Seohyun, his friend, so he allowed himself to break down his walls this night and just cry in his seat. 

Seohyun was disheartened. This was the first time he saw the often cocky and cheery Jackson break down in loud sobs and tears. Even Youngjae can’t help but tear a little hearing his hyung broken. 

It was a few minutes before Jackson’s sobs softened and lulled. 

“Youngjae, turn the car around..” Jackson’s voice was raspy and tired. 

The two were alarmed with the request. There was no way Youngjae can turn the car around now, they were in the middle of the highway. 

“Sorry hyung, we just got out of our exit. We’re pretty far out now..” Youngjae calmly explained to him their current location. 

Jackson remained silent. His apparent sniffles were the only ones they can hear from his end. 

Seohyun got her ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter