Between The Lines

Between The Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your heart was beating a thousand miles a minute in your chest sitting next to Chanyeol. It had always been difficult for you to be able to keep your cool in front of him, especially now that you had been actually seeing him as a man instead of a friend.

There was just something that had changed lately that made you see Chanyeol differently.

Was it his hair? How buff he was now that he was at the gym all the time? Or the fact that he smiled at you more often?

You couldn’t pin point exactly when it was that you started to get feelings for him, but you absolutely kicked your for it. The simplest of smiles made you sigh and the most innocent touches and hugs made your knees weak.

But sitting across from him now on a standard movie night in your apartment made you mind wander to all sorts of dirty places. Did Chanyeol know that the movie that he picked out for tonight has a scene in it? Not that you were complaining, but wouldn’t it be a little weird?

You looked over at him innocently eating his mouthful of popcorn as his eyes were glued to the tv, soaking up what was happening like a sponge. He must have felt your eyes on him and turned to you with a curious expression. Your eyes widened and you held back a gasp from being caught starting.

“Do you want me to make more popcorn?” you asked, trying to cover your tracks

Chanyeol looked down at the bowl and started to laugh. You were startled by his laughter and looked down at the bowl. It was still almost completely full. .

“Are you trying to say that I’m eating too much?” he asked with a smile in his voice

You quickly shook your head “No, no, no! I just didn’t want you to think that you had to save some for me, I can always go make more” you lied again.

“Maybe later” he said with a smile before he focused back on the tv

You turned your head away from him and pretended to actually pay attention to what was going on in the movie. You were glad that the lights were off, because if they were on he would have clearly seen all of the embarrassment on your face. You let out a breath of air and tried your best to slow down your heart rate and clear your mind.

You were starting to finally focus on the movie when you felt your phone vibrate and the bright screen lit up in your lap. You saw Baekhyun’s name and silently cursed, but you knew that you’d better answer it or else he’d bug you nonstop until you did. You held up your phone and opened up the message.

Baek: Did you tell him yet?

You: Tell him what?

Baek: That you want to date!

Your eyes went wide when you read the message and you could feel a little bit more insecure about how closely you were sitting to Chanyeol. You leaned into the arm rest and tilted your phone away from him, just to be careful before you continued any more of your conversation with Baekhyun.

You: I can’t tell him! It will ruin everything!

You scoffed at the idea and shook your head. There’s no way in hell you could confess to him! He was an idol, who lived a very privileged life! He could drop girl’s with one smirk and have anyone that he wanted. So why in the hell would he end up with someone like you?

You were someone who was probably too familiar with him. He probably thought of you as family.

Baek: It won’t though! I promise you! Just do it!

You smiled at Baekhyun’s hopeful words and imagined the alternate universe where you would be able to be with him. You would take care of him and treat him right. Make sure he was well fed, always got enough sleep and kept a clean house for him.

You were about to text Baekhyun back when Chanyeol cleared his throat. You looked up at him and he was slightly scowling at you. You shrunk a little bit and looked away from his gaze

“I don’t know who you’re texting but it’s kind of distracting to see your phone lit up” he said a little too harshly.

Dang… was he mad? You had texted during a movie before and Chanyeol wasn’t picky about it. So why was he so angry about it now? You immediately shut off your phone, knowing that Baekhyun would continue to blow up your messages and placed it on the table.

“Sorry, it was just Baekhyun” you tried to explain

“Baekhyun?!” he exclaimed

“yeah, sorry” you said with a  small voice

“you two seem to be talking and hanging out a lot…. Are you guys like dating now?” he asked you

You snapped your head up at him and broke out into boisterous laughter. You and Baekhyun? You’d probably end up killing him after a day of your “happy relationsip”.

“I could never date Baekhyun!” you yelled through your laughter.

Chanyeol swallowed and leaned back into the couch and nodded his head. You didn’t want to think that you were going crazy, but…. Chanyeol s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter