Expecting

Expecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was more than concerned when you had sent him a text earlier in the day reading, ‘we need to talk when you get home’. His heart beat in his chest and he assumed the worst thing that could possibly happen, affectively making him a worried and stresssed mess for the rest of the day.

He couldn’t focus on anything or get his mind off of those few words. Nothing good ever happened when someone said “we need to talk”, and he knew that better than anybody having gone through the ringer with previous relationships. He looked down at his wedding band that clung onto his finger and empathized. He felt just like that wedding band, hanging on his thin finger. He was over worked and tired and lost weight from dieting for comebacks making the ring slide freely from nuckle to nuckle.

Was that what was wrong? Was he spending too much time at work, or not paying enough attention to you? Did he just ruin the most meaningful thing that had ever happened in his life?

He mentally tried to think of the last time that he saw you upset or seemingly unhappy, and he drew a blank. He didn’t think that you were unhappy at all and in fact was excited about the future.  Just a few weeks ago you had brought up having a baby after his comebacks and Chanyeol had felt on top of the world.  

You had been married for two years now… so was this it? Was this the end?

“What’s wrong Chan?” Baekhyun asked looking rather frightened by Chanyeols lack of focus and grim nature

“I have to go home” Chanyeol responded

Baekhyun didn’t question what was wrong or press him any further on the matter, he simply allowed him to leave to work out what ever issue he had going on at home.

Chanyeol couldn’t care less if he was neglegent for leaving work right now. He needed to be home and he’d be damned if he was going to sit around all day wondering what was going on. He couldn’t even focus on work right now so what use would he be in the studio anyways. He ran through the garage to his car and jumped in his car. He pulled out of the parking space and floored it out of the garaged and into the streets.

He imagined what you were doing… were you packing up your bags to leave? Were you packing up his things? Were you sitting over a divorce contract needing only his signature to separate the two of you. Were you crying?  Were you even home? Had you already left?

The tears started to pool around his eyes and spilled over the surface of his eyelids. Had he done this to you? Had he totally ignored all of the signs that you were leaving? Had he not seen how unhappy you were in the relationship with Chanyeol blindly running around living in his own happy world without you?

He pulled into the parking space in his appartments garage and turned the engine off. Once again Chanyeol sprinted out and didn’t stop until he found himself standing in front of the door of your  appartment. He looked down at the key code lock and hesitated to unlock the door and see what was waiting inside.

He pressed his ear up to the door to see if he could hear anything happening just beyond and was startled to hear no movement at all. He looked at the door baffled and quickly unlocked the door.

The lights were turned off and he began to look around for clues of you…of what this was about… of anything. Everything seemed to be normal as ever and he headed for the bedroom. He looked around the walls, opened up the dressers and drawers and the closets. Everything was there and in place.

He stumbled back until the back of his knees found the edge of the bed. He sat down and let out a loud sigh. His mind raced as to what it meant. Everything was here but you werent….Were you having an affair?

He let his back hit the back of the mattress as he fell down. He ran his fingers over the skin of his face and he began to panic. It was one thing for you to leave him because you were unhappy but it was a whole other for you to leave him because you were having an affair and someone else was making you happy.

The sound of the door unlocking caught his attention and pulled him out of his reverie and he sat up quickly. The door opened and closed and Chanyeol waited for any sounds  of your entrance. When he heard the familiar sound of your keys being dropped into your usual corner on the kitchen countertop and the sound of your foot steps coming closer he stood up.  

You walked into the room with your face looking down into a small bag having no idea that your husband was home. You shuffled around in the bag to find th next pregnancy test that you wanted to take. You had went out nd bought three more from different brand to make sure that you were pregnant before you broke the news to chanyeol.

You knew how much that he wanted to start to have a family and it looked like it was finaly giong to happen. Only, you wanted to be 100% sure that you were really pregnant before you even uttered the word to him. you looked around the bag and picked up one of the best rated tests that you could find in the bag and began to look over the packaging when you felt and noticied a dark figure in the room.

You looked up to find chanyeol standing there with the most serious and unnerving expression that you had ever seen. You screamed and dropped the bag from your hands.

“What the !?” you yelled clutching your chest, feeling you heart beat at an unhealthy rate.

Chanyeol didn’t bother to look at what you hand in your hands buth rather looked you in the face to confront you

“I could ask you the same thing… what do you mean we need to talk?” he asked

You cocked your head at his ty attitude. Why was he behaving like this? He made it seem like you had offended him in the worst way.

“Why are you home, I told you that we could speak later?” you asked him reaching for his hand

You had no idea what it was that made him so on edge but you hated it. You didn’t mean to make him so worrysome by sending that text, but you meant plainly what it said. When you come home later we need to talk.

And currently you were in the middle of confirming your pregnancy, which was something that you would rather not discuss but surprise him with a definite answer if you were or not. You quickly picked up the connents of you bag that had spilled out and held it behind your back. You didn’t want to get his hopes up if one of the tests’ said that you weren’t pregnant.

“Did you really think that I could wait all day long to come home when you sent a super supsicous text like that?” he asked

“well I didn’t mean to frustrate you but it really was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter