Ghost of You

Ghost of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(please listen to "Ghost of You" by 5 Seconds of Summer while reading this oneshot)

 

 

Writing songs, it is a way for Jennie to say all of her untold feelings.

All the untold feelings and emotions that pierces her heart deeply everyday as the clock continues to tick.

It was the only way for her to release all the pain and burden that is stored within her thoroughly shattered heart.

It has been a decade since she debuted as an idol, two decades since she debuted as a lyricist, specifically an anonymous one, a ghostwriter to simply put it in one word. It was one of the conditions in her contract but she never cared about it anyways. After all, she can still write songs and write her feelings and no one will even know it. It is better that way, she thinks.

No one will know her pain, no one would feel her pain, and no one would see her in pain.

It was better that way, at least she would not be vulnerable to anyone, not even to her own members. It was better that way because at least it would not hurt that much when it is their time to go

That is what she thinks.

Feeling light-headed, Jennie decides to stop working and sleep for tomorrow's big event, her song "Ghost of You" with 5 Seconds of Summer being the artists who will sing her song for the first time in Seoul for their concert.

Being the lyricist of one of the songs the band is going to perform in their concert, she is required to attend which she really does not mind at all. She will also see how the Korean fans of the band will react to it which seems to be fun for her.

But before she slept, she made sure she replaced the water of the almost wilted flowers in her bedroom. The members made fun of her because she can easily replace the wilted flowers but she did not mind. None of them know the sentimental value that those flowers hold.

None of them can understand that no matter how wilted those flowers will be, it still holds the most value in Jennie's heart. Throwing those flowers away means throwing away all the memories.

After replacing the water of her precious wilted flowers, Jennie slept hoping to meet someone in the depth of all the nightmares she's been currently experiencing.

 

-------------------------

 

Today is the day and Jennie quickly dressed up for the occasion. She wore a simple flowy white dress that she often wore on late night romantic dates. It was not a really good idea especially if there will be a lot of jumping at the concert later, but she did not care. She is only there to attend, not to jam with the fans.

As the one of the song's lyricist, she has to meet with the band first and introduce herself personally to them. The band knew she wrote the song, but they have no idea how she looks like.

They have agreed to meet at the backstage of the venue where the band is making sure that everything is working well. When she arrived, the security team of the band did not allow to let her in at first because none of them recognizes her but they let her in once she showed them her ID.

"Hello Ms. Kim, It is a pleasure to meet you" The band's manager said and offered her a handshake.

"It is also a pleasure to work with the band you handle. They're great guys" Both of them sat somewhere and talked about her ghostwriter career. The manager admired her and the way she thinks. He never really thought that a person like Jennie can actually exist in this kind of world. He knows she went through a lot, but he did not dare to ask her about it. He knows that something of that private matter is not to be asked so shamelessly out of nowhere because of curiosity, so he decided to shut his mouth about it.

Hearing Jennie's ghostwriting story, he decides to come up with something. He excused himself from Jennie to meet up with the band and discuss his plans.

"Wait, so the one who wrote 'Ghost of You' was that very famous BlackPink member that the whole world hates but the whole South Korea adores? Are you serious?" Calumn asked in disbelief.

"Yes, she was behind the song. The reason why it was another name who was listed as the composer of that song is because it is in her contract."

"What was the agreement on her contract?" Ashton asked, clearly curious about why was Jennie not credited for her beautiful masterpiece.

"She can be a songwriter, but only as a ghostwriter." The whole band's jaw dropped. They cannot believe what they just heard. Jennie signing a contract to be a ghostwriter? It was madness they believe but since they do not know the whole story, they decided to shut their mouths and not ask follow up questions about it.

"So what is your plan?" Luke asked.

"Perform Ghost of You last and bring her onstage and let her sing it. Just make sure that she will sing it and also credit her for that song after, alright?"

"Will do" The band said simultaneously and went back to prepare for their concert

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter