Endure

Endure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Girls don't like being alone. They don't like being neglected or left alone to think unhappy thoughts. Girls don't like to suffer and dislike being forgotten. They don't like it when you don't care about them or don't know anything about them. Girls don't like it when you're not around to give them that sense of safety, security, and protection. They don't like it when you don't give them a call or a message just to let them know that you're thinking about them or even missing them.

Girls just don't like being lonely, ever. If a girl had to choose to be heartbroken or being alone, then she would rather choose to be heartbroken. Because it's easier to deal with a broken heart than facing loneliness alone since it's solitary as it is. Eventually though over time it wears them down. So how much longer can they endure heartaches before turning to loneliness in the end?

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ting! Where are you?" Ruohua asked her boyfriend, Zhengting. "I'm standing outside your apartment right now."

"Oh, hey, Ruohua. I'm not home right now. I'm out with the guys." Zhengting answered before getting distracted on his end. "Hey, I'll call you back, alright, after I finish the game with the boys. Bye!"

Zhengting hung up on her as Ruohua stared at the blank mobile device with a sad sigh before slipping the cell into her back pocket. She hung the gift bag she had prepared earlier that week on his apartment door while stuffing the pig plush doll against it.

"I guess you did forget about it in the end, huh?" Ruohua muttered to herself while petting the stuffed toy. "I guess playing with your friends is more important than celebrating our anniversary."

"Guess who?" Ruohua playfully whispered into Zhengting's ears while covering his eyes with her hands in the process upon coming up from behind him at the cafe they were meeting at for their day date.

"Um, Cheng Xiao?" Zhengting guessed with a nervous laugh as Ruohua chuckled quietly. "Nope. Guess again."

"Well, there's Jinger, no?"

"Not even close. C'mon, it's easy. You should know."

"Hmm, Zhang Xi? Oh, maybe Meiqi? Oh, wait, no. Xuanyi?" Zhengting guessed while throwing out possible names of who it could be. "I think it's Junya or Ruihan?"

"Wrong again like five times, Zhengting." Ruohua smiled with a shake of her head while still covering his eyes. "One more chance and it's not that hard. C'mon now."

There was a long pause as Zhengting really pondered on who the mystery woman could be and Ruohua frown hoping her boyfriend was just teasing her.

"We were just talking earlier just now."

"Oh, did we?" Zhengting let out in confusion. "Who could you be then?"

Ruohua was about to end the game when she heard Zhengting speaking again.

"Oh! I know who you are!" Zhengting smiled as Ruohua waited.

"Mena, right!

Zhengting exclaimed happily as he grabbed onto Ruohua's hands and removed them from his eyes to turn his head to look at her. "Oh, Ruohua, it's just you."

Ruohua frowned, but Zhengting didn't notice as he turned his attention away from her while motioning for his girlfriend to take a seat.

"Ain't gonna lie, that was pretty hard, Ruohua."

Ruohua reluctantly took a seat across from Zhengting and gave him a look.

"We just spoke like five minutes ago, Ting. Also we've known one another for at least like five years now and dated for more than a year."

Zhengting shrugged while casting her a sheepish look. "I guess I'm not good at recogizing voices."

Before Ruohua could counter the waiter appeared and had brought them drinks that Zhengting had ordered ahead of time.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, Ruohua, I ordered your favorite drink!" He said while handing Ruohua her favorite drink and taking his own in his hand. "I've already paid so don't worry about it, but I gotta get going though." He suddenly announced while standing up. "Wenjun and I have this project due tomorrow and we're behind."

"But what about our date?"

"We'll have another one later this week. I promise."

Zhengting gave Ruohua a quick kiss to the cheek before leaving the cafe as Ruohua's eyebrows furrowed and her expression sour.

"You were the one that planned this and have postponed it twice already within the month. When are we going to have a proper date?"

She let out another sigh as she gazed at here 'favorite' drink that Zhengting had just bought her.

"It would be my favorite drink if you had ordered the right one, Ting." Ruohua mumbled. "I like winter-melon and almond milk tea. Not the matcha green milk tea."

Ruohua let out a sigh as she took the drink while shaking it before drinking it. Even if she didn't like the flavor, she didn't like wasting food the most.

"Ruohua, hey! This is Jieqiong. She's my partner for dance class. And Jieqiong this is my..." Zhengting introduced the younger female to his girlfriend yet he seemed like he blanked out on that information of Ruohua while introducing her to Jieqiong.

"Hey, Jieqiong. I'm Zhengting's girlfriend, Ruohua. Nice to meet you." Ruohua introduced herself instead while shaking hands with Jieqiong.

"Wow, you're so pretty. Zhengting didn't mention he had a girlfriend." Jieqiong commented innocently, but for some reason this stung Ruohua a bit.

"Yeah, we've been dating for more than a year now, but have known one another for like five."

"Aww, that's lovely and super cool. I'm totally surprised I didn't meet you first compare to his friends though, Ruohua." Jieqiong stated as Zhengting rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Well, the opportunity never showed up until now."

"Right, I see." Ruohua said as she looked from Zhengting to Jieqiong. "I guess I'll get going and leave you two to finish your routine. I still have to visit the library to finish my paper. It was nice meeting you, Jieqiong. See you later, Ting."

Ruohua waved them goodbyes while giving them smiles before leaving the dance room with a tired look.

"How long can I keep this up until I can't anymore?"

The couple attended their friend, Kaihao's, birthday dinner at a HaiDiLao. Sitting around the large circular table of twenty and plus others, everyone was enjoying themselves. Eating, laughing, and telling jokes and stories. Some time later the conversation shifted and the atmosphere between them all grew awkward due to an innocent question by one of their friends.

"Hey, Zhengting, Where's your girlfriend?" Linong asked although Ruohua was sitting right next to Zhengting. "Did Jieqiong have something else to do?"

Ruohua was taken aback by the thought that Linong assumed she wasn't Zhengting's girlfriend and that Jieqiong was. They've been somewhat friends or something like that for two years now.

"NongNong, she's his girlfriend." Linkai pointed at Ruohua. "That's Ruohua. Remember? Jieqiong was only his dance partner for class."

"Oh, my. That's embarrassing. I'm so sorry about that." Linong apologized while looking at Ruohua and then at Jeffrey sitting on her other side. "I thought you were Jeffrey's girlfriend because you two were talking a lot with one another throughout dinner."

Ruohua just cast Linong a polite smile while excusing hersel

Please log in to read the full chapter