Talk

Talk
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Ziyi!" Yuyan yelled his name as she knocked on his apartment door frantically. "Ziyi, please open the door! Ziyi!"

Yuyan continued to bang her fist against his door in hopes that Ziyi would open it despite the two having an argument a few hours ago. Although the only reason she had showed up at Ziyi's apartment was that Xukun had mentioned that Ziyi was feeling unwell and had went back home a while ago.

"Ziyi, please."

The door opened a few seconds later and Yuyan's expression sour upon seeing Ziyi's ex-girlfriend, Aixi, on the other side of the door.

"What the are you doing here?" Yuyan questioned as Aixi smiled haughtily. "Hanging out with Ziyi of course. What are you doing here?"

"Xukun said he wasn't feeling well. I need to talk to him."

Yuyan tried to push her way pass Aixi, but Aixi pushed her back out. "What do you think you're doing? You're not welcome here, Li Yuyan."

"This isn't between me and you, Xiao Aixi, but Ziyi and I so get out of my way."

"No. You can't ju-"

Yuyan pushed herself passed Aixi and inside Ziyi's apartment with her gazes looking left and right of her to see where he was and smiled upon seeing him rounding the corner from exiting the kitchen.

"Zi..."

"Hey, Aixi, do you think we should make lobster noodles or steak tonight?" Ziyi asked causing Yuyan to stop speaking all of a sudden when she heard his ex's name fall from his mouth.

"Ai..."

The same thing happened to Ziyi once his eyes fell onto Yuyan's figure as the two just stared at one another not saying anything. Yuyan was confused as Xukun mentioned Ziyi feeling unwell, but he seemed fine as Aixi was here, too. Maybe, Aixi already took care of him.

Aixi purposely brushed passed Yuyan so she could latched herself onto Ziyi with a smug look. "I told you that you weren't welcome here." Aixi nuzzled her face against Ziyi's arm with a smirk. "Right, baby?"

Ziyi didn't respond as his gaze continued to stare at Yuyan as she mentally told herself not to cry in front of them. She wasn't sure why all of a sudden she felt the need to cry upon seeing Aixi snuggled up next to him and that Ziyi just allowed her to do so without nudging her away.

"So," Yuyan slowly let out as she tried to keep her voice in control, but she could hear the slight quiver with in her tone, "This is how it's gonna be?"

Ziyi just stared at her with no expression while Aixi remained smug and satisfied at his side.

"Okay." Yuyan scoffed as she tried to remain in control of her feelings. "You can burn all of my stuff then. There's no reason for me to take it back or for you to even keep it."

Yuyan tried to gauged his reaction, but Ziyi remained stoic whereas Aixi clapped her hands together. At this point, Yuyan wondered if Xukun had just misread Ziyi's body language.

"Oh, finally. I can finally get rid of that stupid Hello Kitty blanket in his room since I first laid eyes on it." Aixi grinned wickedly. "Thanks for your permission, Yuyan."

Yuyan didn't care for Aixi's response. She still watched for any sign of Ziyi's reaction, but nothing. The tightness in Yuyan's chest grew and she knew that there was no point in trying to fix their relationship when there was no actual relationship to fix in the first place. Maybe the fight was really worth nothing after all.

"Congratulations, Wang Ziyi. You're so ing unbelievable." Yuyan congratulated him with a fake smile before hurrying out of his apartment with the tears finally making their escape.

Not really sure where she was headed, but Yuyan's legs automatically began leading her away as far away as possible from Ziyi. Although she ended up passing by Ziyi's cafe shop, Awoken My Heart, a moment later without noticing it she happened to collide into a familiar figure that happened to come out of the store.

"Sorry, Xukun. I wasn't looking where I was going." Yuyan muttered as she tried to keep her composure, but failed as Xukun happened to noticed her teary eyes. "It's okay, Yuyan. I wasn't looking either, but are you okay?"

"Yeah, totally. It's just something in my eye." She lied while wiping away the rest of her tears. "Not a big deal."

Xukun narrowed his eyes as he analyzed her body language. "You're lying. I can tell you're not."

"I'm not, KunKun. I'm fine. Really. See. Totally fine." Yuyan tried to reassured her friend as she mustered all she had to put on a believable smile, but the memories from earlier creep up on her and fresh tears began to form.

"Yuyan, stop. You're not fine." Xukun cupped the right side of her face and used his thumb to wipe away her tears. "C'mere, buddy." He said softly as he pulled Yuyan in for a hug and she burst into tears when she felt his arms enclosed themselves around her as she hugged him back.

Xukun comforted his friend as Yuyan silently cried against his chest while he 'shh' her quietly while rubbing her back in comfort. "Shh, everything will be alright. Just let it all out and it'll be okay. Shh."

"I hate him so freaking much, Xukun. Also you were wrong. He's not sick or anything. He's just a big jerk." Yuyan stated before going on with her little rant. "He's such a really big jerk and he's an absolute idiot. Gah, he's so freaking stupid, Xukun. He was the one that pursued me and then had the audacity to get upset with me thinking that I was the one that had led him on and was playing hard to get when I already told him from the get-go that I didn't want no bull." Yuyan continued. "I seriously hate him and he can go and fall off the face of the Earth for all I care."

Xukun smiled. "You know that you'll still care, Yuyan. I know you do. You love him too much." He chuckled afterwards with Yuyan lightly smacking him. "It's not funny, Xukun. Also I don't lov-"

"What are you doing?" Ziyi interrupted Yuyan as he suddenly appeared behind the duo as he tried to keep his anger in check. "Is this what you do by running into the arms of another man, Yuyan?"

"What does it matter to you, anyways? You have Aixi." Yuyan remarked as Ziyi stared her down while moving closer. "Because it does matter to me."

Yuyan scoffed. "KunKun just happened to comfort me as a friend and besides, Wang Ziyi, you don't need to worry

Please log in to read the full chapter