Moving In

Moving In
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I. in'. Hate. Stairs." Meilin complained for the third time while climbing the same set of stairs along with carrying a large basket of her clothes to her new shared apartment with her sister on the second floor. "And of course, Mengjie had to bail on me at the last second because of work. Ugh. my life."

Once she reached her floor, Meilin made her way to 907, clumsily opened the door, and entered the apartment to set the basket inside the two bedroom apartment. "I knew I should have done this earlier in the week than procrastinate until now when Mengjie actually had it off."

Meilin ran a hand through her hair before back-tracking out the door once more to bring up the rest of their things. Believing she could shave off how many times she could go to and fro from car to apartment, Meilin decided to take as many things as she could. She had secure a backpack upon her back, a tote bag hanging on each side of her arms while lifting two medium-sized boxes, and even managing to carrying some grocery bags in hand.

Meilin soon regretted thinking that she could carry all of that when she finally realized that there were stairs to climb once again to her apartment floor when she reached that point. Letting out a determined sigh since she was already here, Meilin forged on with slow, but steady steps. Of course that somehow backfired on her not to her own fault as when she took her second step while balancing herself, Meilin wasn't aware that one of the doors of the same floor had opened and a white dog had ran on out.

"Dahua!" Ziyi called out to the dog as it had ran down the stairs and brushed up against Meilin's leg.

Meilin had leaned to her right to rest against the railing while the dog swiftly brush past her.

"Tinbao! July!" Ziyi called out again, but to two different cats that swiftly maneuvered down the steps and in-between Meilin's legs to which caused Meilin to lose more of her balance as she tried to side-step out of the felines' way and she went stumbling backwards and crashing to the ground.

Ziyi rushed down the steps to help Meilin as she let out a groan while pushing everything off of her.

"I am so sorry." Ziyi apologized as he hovered above Meilin. "Are you okay? Did you hit your head? How many fingers am I holding up?"

Meilin eyed the stranger as she tried to make out how many fingers he was holding. "

Please log in to read the full chapter