011

His Love Child

"Sometime you can't keep your mouth shut!" Seungho yelled as he stared at Mir. 

Joon shook his head as he went to pick up his phone to give Seo Ae a call. 

"I'm sorry!" Mir said as he stared in fear at the leader, "It was just a mistake."

"A mistake that could of costed us our careers!" 

"Making such a ual remark was uncalled for," Cheondoong said shaking his head. 

"I'm sorry," Mir apologized. 

"Watch what you say next time," G.O smiled. 

Seungho stalked out of the room and Mir fell to the floor, wiping the sweat off his brow. 

"Hello," a female voice answered, Joon turned back to what he was doing, "Hey, how are you?"

"I'm fine, Leo's just sleeping." 

"Sorry, I couldn't call to tell him good night. The schedule lasted longer than usual." 

"It's fine." 

"I'm going to head up to your place in a couple of days, just giving you a heads up. I don't want Leo to be there when we meet though, it's going to take him a long time to get accustomed again to me leaving." 

"Mm.. where, do you want to meet?" 

"There's this restaurant that one of my friends own, I'll be able to meet up with you at around 3AM. Is that okay with you?" 

"Yeah, just message me the details." 

"Alright, I have to go back," Joon paused, "Thank you, once again." 

"No problem." 

.

Seo Ae waited at the restaurant twenty minutes early to ensure that she wouldn't be caught entering the same restaurant and private room as Joon. Contemplating what she wanted to eat Seo Ae rocked Leo. She couldn't leave him alone at night without anyone caring for him what if he woke up and got scared because she wasn't beside him? What if he thought she left him and decided to find her, roaming the streets, getting kidnapped. She knew that she was overthinking but at the same time she didn't want to risk it. Besides, she was sure that Leo would sleep through the whole meeting and she was pretty sure that Joon wanted to see his child. When she finally arrived to the decision on what she wanted to eat Joon arrived. His eyes widen and then soften when he saw his child, "Why did you bring him here," Joon whispered. 

"I didn't want him to stay at home alone you know that I don't live with anyone else."

Joon nodded, he sat down besides her and started to pat his son's hair. She watched as he gently the boy's cheeks and bend down to kiss his forehead. She could smell Joon's cologne and sweat, she could feel heat radiating from his body. Her eyes trailed from Leo to Joon's chest and finally to his face. His lashes were long and his skin was smooth, she felt her face flush when Joon's eyes met hers, she guess he didn't notice her check him out since he spoke normally to her. "It must be hard taking care of him... I know he could be overly energetic." 

Seo Ae chuckled, "Yeah, well, I've gotten used to it. I mean it's been a month and a half we are becoming real close." 

"I just wanted to meet you so I could give you some money, I totally forgot about the expenses that Leo's school and daily living accumluates as he lives with you."

Seo Ae shook her head,  "You don't really have to worry about it, it's fine. I've gotten enough money to care for him without your help."

Joon gave Seo Ae a small smile, "You're really treating him like he's your own aren't you?"

Seo Ae softened, "I guess, I am. I really don't think when I'm with him, I give in to everything. Did you know with just one look this boy was able to make me buy him a 100.00 dollar lego set. Just one look!"

Joon laughed, "He's got his father's charm."

Seo Ae rolled her eyes and sarcastically spoke, "I'm sure he did." 

The two laughed and ordered food. After finishing their meal, Joon questioned about the scandal. "Well from what I know, the person that is trying to get this story out is Taek Goon, he's been following you everywhere. Just recently he decided to follow another A level actress to NYC to her photoshoot. Apparently, he got a insider to tell him that the actress was actually going to meet her rich business boyfriend, so he's going to be gone for a couple of days. You don't have to worry about him, he's already deciding to stop following you. After following you for two weeks straight all he got were pictures of you enjoying kimchi fried rice." 

Joon laughed, "Well, I've been very careful about going out. I only was able to meet you because I was able to get a couple of my friends to come to dinner this late and sneak into this room without being noticed to meet you."

The sat in silence, Seo Ae sighed, "What are you going to do when this comes out?"

"I won't allow it," Joon said fiercely.

"But what if its inevitable, what if he finally gets a picture of Leo and you?" 

"..."

"I know you don't want people to know about Leo and call him bad names--."

"Like bastard child."

"..but you can't hide this forever. Have you contacted his mother to take him back?"

"She moved to the States, that's why I called you here. Last week she contacted me out of the blue, she's given me full custody of the child..... we met our lawyers privately and settled it. She's giving us custody because she doesn't want the child in her registry anymore, she's trying to get married. If her fiance finds out, he'll break off their engagement."

I nodded, "Okay.... she's one scheming twit."

Joon chuckled and continued, "Since, my name is not on his birth certificate and my mother has been become his legal guardian-- I want to ask you a favor."

"Which is?"

"Can you adopt him."

Seo Ae looked at him speechless, "Excuse me?"

"i know this is a very big burden to you, since you're not married and this could ruin your potential to marry... but Leo and I really need this. If this Taek Goon guy decides to research my family he might see Leo's name in the registry." 

"He will think that it's your sister's son."

"She's in Canada so why would Leo be in a Korean family registry list?"

"Why don't you get your sister to adopt him.. Adoption by someone that is not blood related could take years."

"My sister lives in Canada, it's going to be harder for her to adopt a child even though it is her own brother's kid.Theres a lot of paper work that needs to be done in Canada, besides I already know someone who could do it for us in Korea. I have some connections."

Seo Ae didn't know what to say. It was one thing to just care for the child and have him call her 'mommy', but it is another to become LEGALLY someone's mother. 

"I know this is something big that I am asking you but I will pay you. $100,000 and that is just the beginning, we can make a contract so you can take 50% of my earnings to care for Leo. "

"I need to think about this," Seo Ae said as she unconsiously began to hug Leo closer to her as he shivered.

Joon nodded, "I understand. It's not something that you can easily accept, it's a child, that's not your own."

Seo Ae nodded.

Joon stared at his wrist watch, "It's time for me to go, I have another schedule in 2 hours."Seo Ae watched Joon put on his leather jacket. From the moment he entered the room until now he had aged immensely. He gave Leo one more kiss on the forehead and stared straight into her eyes, pleading, "Think about it over, please." 

Seo Ae nodded once more and Joon left. Sitting on the floor with Leo still in her arms, Seo Ae thought, at the age of 26 she wasn't getting married anytime soon and staring down at the boy in her arms she knew she had to protect him.