Her Side's: Boreas #2

ANGEL HEART

Sandara ran to the bus stop, where Jiyong was waiting for her. It had been like that for the past year, she forgot herself when the routine started. She didn’t even sure if before she got acquaintance with his sister in law, she ever saw him in this bus stop.

“Mi.. anh..ae..” she said, tried to catch her breath. She wasn’t that dense and didn’t know that he missed busses just to wait for her. On a miracle day when she came fifteen minutes earlier than the usual, he had waited like today. And knowing him for the past year, he always punctual and kept on a regular schedule.

“Hmm,” he responded shortly. “What is that?” he eyed her today’s reason for running late, a bag filled with chocolate.

“Chocolate for my classmates,” she told him, smiling.

Just then, their bus came and they quickly queued to get on. But she stopped before the door as she remembered her card was in the backpack. She would like to step aside, but from behind Jiyong pushed her in. She got no choice since he clearly was stronger.

“Two.” He said to the driver as he scanned his card.

“Gomawo.” She whispered to him. She didn’t hear his reply but she knew he acknowledge it. “Remind me to pay for the back fare.” She added.

The two were standing as there was no chair left. The bus was full but not that crowded. They still got some room.

“Why?” he asked out of blue.

“Huh?” she couldn’t catch his direction.

“The chocolate,” he said shortly.

“Oh, because we need it for today,” she told him, smiling. She saw he frowned then eyed the chocolate bag again.

“All of them for your classmate?” he asked, as if didn’t believe her.

She still nodded even if she didn’t understand why he asked. “I read it somewhere that sweet is the best energy booster.” She explained something he should know. He only nodded his head twice and said no more.

Today was the sport day and she had been doing this since back at 5th grade. She forgot the reason why she started this, but it was fun to do and she liked it more when her friends smiled happily at her when she handed the chocolate to them. Aside from the logical reason, which she found later around her first year in middle school, she liked her original reason better. 

She also made some for him in her backpack, because she liked to be his friend and didn’t want him to run out of energy on this tiring day. Although all her friends told her Jiyong was a coldhearted, all the proofs the past year presented said the otherwise.

He helped her with her math and science study – although she didn’t show any improvement on that matter, he kept on helping her. He also kept waiting for her in the bus stop, likely because she told him she twice got lost after got off at the wrong stop. And her friends just didn’t know how he played with his baby niece – it was a sight to see. Even his mother and his sister in law agreed with her.

“I also…” she couldn’t finish what she was going to say, because Jiyong had pulled her hand. It was their stop.

“Ppali,” he said, looking at his wrist watch, “We have less than five minutes.” He told her before started to pull her for run.

The school was seven minutes walk from the bus stop. They really needed to run. At the end, she couldn’t have the chance to give him his chocolate yet as the bell rung when they just crossed the gate. They ran to their respectively classes with all their might – or just her, since Jiyong didn’t show any sign running was a labor.

**

One of her most favorite day for the whole year – the sport day. Because for the whole day, they didn’t have to be in the class at all. No lecture and the atmosphere was even greater than when the school festival was being held. Not to mention, when it was the festival, there will be non-student attended. But not with sport day. It was only the school body and she just love the unity that she felt on the day.

Moreover, the blatant delight from her classmate when seeing her coming with a bag full of chocolate. Three years be in the same class, they counted Sandara’s chocolate as the sport day tradition. Because she didn’t make it for any other day.

You can say, that her sport day chocolate is more popular that the valentine chocolate for her classmate. Even the other class heard the tradition and several asked her for making some extras. Which she did.  She made two big jars of small chocolate balls that she put on the table by the MC’s tend for the other class to access.

Of course, it’s different for her classmate. Which she made individual packages contained of 5 slightly bigger chocolate balls. Oh, and Jiyong’s too have individual package that she still had in her backpack.

But Sandara’s spirit for the sport day was only extended to there. She contended to be the cheering squad, screaming her heart out to cheer for her classmate. Because she didn’t join any number due to her lack in controlling her limbs, except for dodge ball since the whole class had to play.

And for the love of her live, she and her partner made it into the last two for their team. Facing non-other than Jiyong and her partner from class A.

One year befriended him, she knew that Jiyong didn’t only excel in his study, but he also could do some sport. Proven by his regular breathing when they had to run from the bus stop to the school because of her tardiness.

Sandara gripped her partner’s t-shirt. Her classmate paired her with Han Jongmin, the best athlete in their class, for safety reason. He got quick hand in catching the ball without moving too much. Therefore, she didn’t have to be dragged along.

The ball was in Jiyong hand and he breathed heavily. She knew he was his class representative for tennis and sprint earlier. Both he won that placed their tied in second position after C class of 9 grade. This last number would determine which class would be the runner up.

Sandara peeked from behind Han Jongmin’s and caught Jiyong’s eyes directed at her. For a split second, she thought he was mad at her, since he stared her with piercing glare. Made her freeze at her position and before knowing, the ball was in her classmate’s hand.

Sandara blinked.

Why did Jiyong threw the ball directly at Han Jongmin? Because for sure, witnessing his accuracy in tennis earlier, she knew he could easily tag her with her position.

And now, as her class’s best sportsman controlling the ball, they easily turned the table. Han Jongmin tag Jiyong partner.

Her class win.

**

“What was that?”

“Of course, Kwon Jiyong gave in for he couldn’t throw the ball at his girlfriend.”

“That F class girl? His girlfriend? The mighty Kwon Jiyong date a girl?”

“What you call it if they always come to school together while running hand in hand? They even waited one another to go back as well.”

“Why I never know about it? Since when?”

“Since last school year. Didn’t you remember, there were a commotion when an A class girl that had a big crush on Kwon Jiyong almost tell Park Sandara off?”

“Almost?”

“Yeah, apparently the F class is a close knit group and very protective of this Park Sandara girl. They caught a word about it and told off the A class girl instead. Not to mention, when Kwon Jiyong got the wind of the situation, he gave the girl his glare. Rumor has it, he never said anything to her at all and gave her a silent treatment. She even kicked from his debate team because he opted for an out. Of course, the other teammate would choose Kwon Jiyong over the girl and asked her to leave instead. Now, she ostracized in her own class.”

“What? Again, why I don’t anything?”

“Ah, maybe it was around the time that you were hospitalized for two weeks because of your typhoid.”

“Ah, maybe. But why Park Sandara? Yes, she’s pretty and cute. But Kwon Jiyong is from A class and she’s in F class…”

“That’s a mystery.”

**

The sun was sliding west as the sky its golden red glory. The school ground also started to be deserted from the earlier activity. Most of the student were in their way back home, except the small number of the student council that had to help the teacher in tidying up.

Sandara followed Jiyong that walked ahead of her. He waited for her since her classmate held an impromptu celebration by ordering ice cream for day result. She texted him that he could leave her, but seemed like he ignored her text because she found him lingered just by the stair. Clearly, waited for her since it was also his usual spot when waiting for her.

But instead of walking side by side like they usually do, Jiyong walked several steps ahead – even though still made sure that she followed him. She knew this because when she tried to catch up with her smaller steps, he would walk faster and kept their distant.

Did he angry at her?

Why?

Because of his class was defeated by her class?

Feeling dejected, her steps became smaller as she lowered her head. He must blame her, since he couldn’t throw the ball at her. She was his friend after all. And he deliberately spared her because his mother always takes her side, and would blame him if she knew he throw the ball at her. Even it was for a dodge ball game.

She kept walking without looking where she was heading until she saw a familiar pair of shoes.

She abruptly stopped and looked up. Jiyong had stopped and looked down at her. His brow furrowed.

“What happen?” he asked.

Sandara blinked at his question. “Eh?”

“Why are you looking down while walking?”

Another round of blinking as she couldn’t register what he was asking.

Suddenly she felt his palm landed on her forehead.

“Are you feel unwell?”

She quickly shook her head in response. Finding it hard to form words to answer him.

“Are you tired?”

She was about to shook her head again, but before she could do that, he had release her backpack and put it on his shoulder.

His action made her remember something.

“Ah matta,” she muttered, inwardly scolding her forgetful self. “I forgot to give you,”

Ignoring Jiyong that still staring at her, she pulled her backpack from him. She opened her backpack and fished out a package of chocolate. The chocolate ball was the same size as she made for her classmate. But the packaging size is bigger since she packed 8 chocolate balls, instead of 5 like for her classmate.

“I should give this in the morning, moreover with you playing some numbers today.” She was disappointed in herself.

Why did she forget to give the chocolate to him? She even blabbered about the chocolate to boost energy to him in the bus this morning! Not to mention, she didn’t remember seeing Jiyong near the MC’s tend for him to get the chocolate…

“Thank you,” he said, cutting her internal though, pulled the chocolate from her hand.

Sandara blinked and stared at his smiling face as he resumed take her backpack and put it on his shoulder once again. Then, he opened the package of chocolate and popped one ball into his mouth. Before she could see his expression if the chocolate was into his liking or not, he already took her hand in his and pulled her to their way back home.

“Let’s go, it’s almost getting dark.”

Why her face felt hot?

And why there’s some flatter in her stomach?

Jiyong was right. She must be tired.



Been ages since the first chapter, OTL

I deeply thank you for who still giving this moody author a shoot with this story. 

This short update is a rought draft that hasn't been touched with any editing. Maybe later, when I can have some free time, but most probably I would just let it be. Therefore, I ask for your understanding if you find some odd thing here.. >.<

I hope it wouldn't take me this long to finish the next chapter, >.<

Best regard,

dilla

 

p.s. stay happy and healthy everyone~