A Small Act Of Kindness

First Kiss

     When Namjoon’s alarm went off well before daybreak, there was nothing that he wanted to do more than smash the obnoxious thing. It was too early, too cold, & he was too tired. But he & Jimin had been the losers on the last BTS Run episode & their penalty was to climb a mountain. And today was the day they were going to do it. Honestly, he could think of a dozen things he’d rather do. At least 10 of which involved sleeping. 

     “Now I know how Yoongi-Hyung feels,” he thought to himself & sighed. 

     “This is for ARMY,” he reminded himself as he rolled out of bed with a groan. 

     He showered quickly, hoping it would help wake him up (but it didn’t work as well as he would have liked), & then got dressed while contemplating how many cups of coffee he’d need in order to stay conscious. 

     As he opened his bedroom door, he heard noises coming from the kitchen. “If Jungkook is vacuuming fruit flies again, I’ll kick his a**,” he muttered under his breath. 

     He rounded the corner & stopped dead in his tracks. There, standing in front of him in the kitchen looking like a broad-shouldered dream was Jin, busily cooking away. 

     “What are you doing, Hyung?” he asked sounding confused. 

     Jin glanced over his shoulder & then resumed stirring the pot.

     “It’s cold out today & I though you & Jimin might like to have a warm meal to take with you to the mountains,” Jin said simply. 

     Namjoon was touched. He knew this was the sort of man Jin was, but he never ceased to amaze Joon with his thoughtful, caring ways. “He really is too good to be true,” Namjoon thought as he watched Jin finish packing up the last of their lunch. Suddenly, he realized that he hadn’t thanked his Hyung for his kindness. 

      “Jin-Hyung...” he said softly, stepping forward intending to offer his thanks & take the basket of food that Jin had just finished preparing. 

     “Yeah?” Jin asked as he turned, but Namjoon was standing closer than he thought & when he turned, he bumped squarely into Namjoon’s chest. He was startled to find Namjoon’s face mere inches from his own. Jin gasped & Namjoon’s gaze dropped to his lips. 

     Every word of Namjoon’s little “thank you” speech vanished from his mind as he stared at his Hyung. Never in his life had he seen anything more beautifully appetizing than the man who stood before him. Jin was always beautiful, but right now his hair was  mussed & his pajamas rumpled from sleep, his eyes were wide & his mouth was open with shock. Joon could not look away. 

     “Oh, that mouth. That beautiful, sinful, luscious mouth...” Namjoon thought as he moved closer. And to his surprise, Jin did not back away. 

     “Jin...” Namjoon said in a breathy voice. 

     “Wh... What?” Jin stammered in nervous surprise. He wobbled a bit & Namjoon quickly reached to steady him & something in the touch was almost electric. Namjoon lifted one hand to cradle Jin’s cheek & with the other hand, pulled him closer. 

     Jin’s gaze drifted down to Namjoon’s plump lips. And in that moment, he’d never wanted anything as badly as he wanted Joon’s kiss. 

     Their lips met & Jin felt Namjoon tremble slightly. They had both waited so long for this moment. Longed for it. But neither of them had ever acted upon their feelings because neither had dared to hope... 

     The kiss began softly. Tenderly. Almost reverently. But soon it began to intensify. The basket of food in Jin’s hand dropped to the floor unnoticed as he wrapped his arms around Namjoon’s neck. Namjoon lifted him onto the counter, their lips never parting. 

     “Hyung! We’re ready to...” Jimin called loudly as he bounded into the kitchen. “Oh.” he said, his look of surprise quickly melting into a wicked little smirk. 

     Namjoon let out a groan of frustration as he turned to look at the energetic younger member. 

     “We’re ready to go, Hyung.” Jimin said, grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

     “Ok, Jimin. I’ll be right out.” Namjoon said in a long-suffering tone. He sighed heavily as Jimin walked away giggling. Joon gave Jin one last lingering kiss. “I have to go.” he said as he very reluctantly began to pull away, but he didn’t make it 2 steps before Jin drew him back for one quick, final peck on the lips. 

     “I’ll see you tonight. Ok?” Namjoon breathed, looking a bit dazed. 

     “Ok.” Jin replied, appearing just as breathless. 

     “Wow,” Jin muttered, touching his hand to his lips as Namjoon walked away. He slid off the countertop intending to return to his bed (although he wasn’t sure he’d be able to sleep after that kiss), but he quickly came to a stop after tripping over the basket of food he’d made. 

     “Oh no!” he exclaimed. He grabbed the basket off the floor & ran after Namjoon. 

     He exited the building just in time to see Namjoon climbing into the vehicle. 

     “STOB! STOB!” Jin yelled, frantically waving his free hand as the van began to pull away. Thankfully, the driver saw him running & stopped the vehicle. Namjoon rolled the window down just as he ran up alongside. “You forgot your lunch!” He exclaimed breathlessly & Namjoon’s eyes crinkled up with laughter at his own forgetfulness & his joy at seeing how cute Jin looked running outside in his jammies just to bring him food. 

     “Thank you, Jin-Hyung” Namjoon said smiling. His dimples making Jin feel a little dizzy. Jin was pretty sure he could drown in those dimples. Or maybe write a song about them... He’d have to think about that later. 

     Their fingers brushed as Jin handed over the food & he blushed when Namjoon gave a wink meant just for him. 

     “I’ll thank you properly later.” Namjoon whispered & Jin heard Jimin snicker in the backseat. 

     Jin waved as they drove off, still unable to breathe quite right. He could hardly wait for tonight.