I do remember

Do you remember when
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at her, on her knees, clutching my sleeves. Her sniffles are the only thing that I hear, I'm pretty much a terrible best friend - I'm just staring at her with an almost unbothered frown on my face. I'm mad, because she's crying and I don't even know what to do. Come on, move! I want to hug her and tell her that everything is all right. But I can't seem to move, Jung Jinsoul! MOVE DAMNIT.

Just then, she pulled me down and hugged me - I didn't even know that my knees were hurting because I was kneeling down too. She burries her face on my shoulder, soaking my uniform with her warm tears. But who cares if my clothe is wet? Because I don't 

        ___


"Jungie.." Jinsoul mutters once her friend has calmed down, they sat inside an unused room. That was the room they always hang out in. Jungeun looks up at her and shows her a bitter smile. "Can you tell me what happened?" 

There was a very long pause before she lets out a shaky sigh, "I ... I finally let him go.. " 

Jinsoul ran her fingers through her hair and leaned back on the wall behind her. "Doesn't look like you have.." Jungeun slightly glared at her. "Come on... You know I'm right. The last time you said that to me, you were back in his arms the next week! Without me knowing!" 

Jungeun sniffles. Honestly, Jinsoul can't do much to help her friend. If Jungeun keeps on giving in to his tricks then all of this will repeat over and over. Jinsoul sees that Jungeun starts to cry again, but this time Jinsoul acts fast. Jinsoul reaches her hand up and wipes Jungeun's tears away. 

"Hey, look at me." Jungeun does as she's told and slowly looks up at Jinsoul, "I miss the happy Jungeun that always playfully fights with Jiwoo... I miss the dork that pretends to not like my jokes whenever we eat lunch... I miss her, we miss her.. Where did she go, baby?" 

"She's in the trash" Jinsoul lightly flicks Jungeun's forehead before planting a soft and warm kiss on it. "Well then please recycle her." 

Jungeun smiles a little at Jinsoul and hugs her again. "I'm going to talk to this , I don't care if he's my best friend - he doesn't ing deserve to hurt such a lovely girl like you... and no lovely girl would want to be treated like that"

"Hey, please d-don't... I don't wnt you to get in this mess that we made. You were not a part of this, please..I don't want you to get into trouble..... like Sooyoung did"

"You know? I'm starting to think that Sooyoung did the right thing, she chose the right choice" Jungeun scoffs and grips onto Jinsoul's wrist really hard and never letting her go. "Sooyoung almost got expelled! What are you talking about?? If her dad wasn't a famous CEO, she would've been kicked out of this school weeks ago!" Jinsoul winces at the thought of her getting expelled, but Jungeun's boyfriend - EX boyfriend is being a son of a .

"Mind you, Sooyoung just wanted to help you! WE wanted to! So she was the first one to act and dealt with that jerk!" 

"I don't like having this argument with you right now, soul - please don't raise your voice.." 

"Ugh! Jungeu-" Jinsoul pauses when she looks at Jungeun's pitiful face. She sighs, defeated. Once Jungeun heard her sigh, she loosens her death grip on Jinsoul's wrist and gently holds onto it instead. "I'm sorry..."

"That's the 79th time that you said sorry to me everytime we had this argument, and this is also the 79th time that I'll say this to you. You don't have to apologize. I know that you care and just wanted to help me" Jinsoul holds Jungeun's hands and cup them as if trying to warm them up. "Then.. please, let me help you" Jungeun wipes her eyes with her sleeves and slowly nods at Jinsoul. "..Fine.. but please, keep yourself out of trouble"


   ___


Jinsoul's plan on confronting her boy best friend, well, her old boy best friend - actually worked. They didn't fight or anything(Nothing like any of Sooyoung did, when she confronted him) Jinsoul was much calmer than Sooyoung did, so no fighting happened between two ex best friends. Hearing this, Jungeun was happy enough. She'll finally going to move on. 

But of course Jinsoul has threatened him before leaving. "Dare to come near or stand near Jungeun, you and your of a will have a kife down your damn throats" It's not Jung Jinsoul to leave without a threat. Plus, she has Sooyoung - the girl can literally bail her out of jail if she ever does shove a knife down their throats.

"God, Jinsoul- what if he gets pissed because of the threat you said?? You really don't think about your actions, do you?" Jungeun says the next day after confronting Jungeun's ex boyfriend. "Jungie, please. Don't be scared of him" Jungeun scoffs, "Idiot! I'm not scared! I'm worried! You'll get hurt!" Jinsoul blinks and steps forward, closer to Jungeun. "Jungie!" She holds both of Jungeun's arms and gently shakes her. 

Jungeun looks at her with a frown, Jinsoul slowly smile because of Jungeun's expression. "I might say, you're quite cute when you're worried and almost panicking" Jinsoul says with that adoring look on her eyes and a playful smile on her lips. "Jinsoul-!" Jungeun whines and pulls her arms away in an attempt to step back away from Jinsoul.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop and will take this seriously" 

"Promise, you will."

"I promise... I will" 

Jungeun smiled and gently patted her head like a puppy. 


    ____


The next few weeks went by peacefully, without a pained and crying Jungeun. Of course, Jinsoul is very happy about this - knowing that her best friend is trying to move on and putting a lot of effort on avoiding her ex. 

But she didn't expect to hear Jungeun's sobs very early in the morning. 3:12 - it read. Jinsoul has Jungeun curled up on her lap while sobbing. Jinsoul has this sad look plastered on her face as she slowly pats Jungeun's back in an attempt to calm her down. Jinsoul really hates it when she sees Jungeun like this - it makes her feel useless.

Jinsoul plants a kiss on Jungeun's temples as the younger girl keeps on crying in her arms. Jinsoul remembered waking up to the sound of her phone ringing - it was Jungeun who was calling, Jinsoul didn't hesitate to pick it up because it was Jungeun for God's sake. She only heard sobs and whimpers, that's when she knew she has to come over quickly.

She arrived and spotted Jungeun curled into a ball on the very corner of her room, blanket barely covering her fully. And then there she is, sitting on that very corner while Jungeun cries on shoulder. "You miss him.." Jinsoul mutters. The younger girl on her lap slowly looks up at her 

"You miss him, don't you..?" Jinsoul repeats. Jungeun smiles bitterly at her and lowers her head again. "A-am I that o-obvious?" Jungeun forced a chuckle, "Hm-Mm" Jinsoul hums. "I-...Yeah..." 

"I miss him.." Jungeun confirms. "...And I don't like that I miss him.... I want to forget about him.." Jinsoul listens in intently, "I feel so stupid, soul... He's obviously a douche bag and a lying - But I still love him.." 

"That isn't your fault Jungeun. You just loved, nothing is wrong with t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter