I'd Be Delighted

Love Is in the Air

 

I wish they’d just leave us alone. We’re people too. Articles about you and Dongwoon had been going around for the past few days. He had told you not to worry about it, but you couldn’t help it. I know how fangirls get. Well, some of them. All bent out of shape because their idol is dating. What’s wrong with that? He’s a person too. At the hospital, a few patients recognized you. They all would get excited saying, “You’re Dongwoon’s girlfriend! Omo...” Something along those lines. No one had been mean to you that you knew of. Sure, there are probably some crybaby fangirls out there saying who knows what about you, but you didn’t particularly care. 

I wonder what Woonie’s up to? Maybe he’s not too busy and can come over this evening... During your lunch break, you called Dongwoon.

“Hello?”

“Hi, boo!”

“Hey, sweetie. What’s up?”

“Well, I was just wondering if you’re busy tonight...”

“Nope. Want me to come over? I have something to tell you anyway.”

“Of course I do! What is it?”

“Um... I’ll tell you later. I’ll see you then.”

Tell me something? Hm.

* * *

Ding dong. 

“Woonie!”

You hugged him around the neck. He grinned and kissed your cheek. 

“How was work?”

“The same. What about you?”

“Tiring.”

“Aw, my poor baby. Want me to make you some food?”

“Please.”

You know what, I’m totally dying for some ramen. Just the thought of it made your mouth water. So be it! We’re having ramen. As you were cooking, Dongwoon plugged your ipod into the speakers. He Epitone Project’s “봄날, 벚꽃 그리고 너” and took your hands.

“Dance with me, darling.”

You did a little curtsy.

“Why thank you, fine gentleman.”

Step, step, step, twirl... You giggled and gave him a quick peck on the lips. 

“Don’t want to mess up this gourmet meal, now do we?”

You finished making the ramen and put it into two bowls. 

“Bon appétit!”

Sitting across from him, he picked up some of your noodles and fed them to you. Heh... cute... After putting away your dishes, he held out his hand again. 

“Care to dance, again?”

“I’d be delighted to.”

After listening to the song for a second, you realized it was Lucia’s “어떤 날도, 어떤 말도”

“Boo, this song sounds so sad. Is something wrong?”

He hesitated. 

“I’m going to be gone... We have a bunch of concerts...”

“How long will you be gone?”

“...6 weeks...”

His words hit you like a baseball bat. 6 weeks? 

“That’s a long time.”

“I know. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I’d bring you with me if I could, but you know I can’t do that.”

You looked away. A tear fell down your cheek.

“Oh, sweetie. Don’t cry. It kills me to see you cry.”

He pulled you into a hug. You sniffled and pulled yourself to together.

“When do you leave?”

“Monday. I don’t have any schedules until then, so I can spend all my time with you.”

4 days...

“Really? Well, then you’ll be staying here until then.”

“Of course. Um, want to watch a movie or something?”

“Only if I can pick the movie.”

“Go right ahead.”

“We’re watching The Man From Nowhere.

“Isn’t that really bloody?”

“Do I care? It’s my favorite.”

“Alright then, but when you have nightmares, don’t blame me.”

“I won’t have nightmares!”

“We’ll see.”

You rolled your eyes as you put the movie in. The movie started and you curled up next to Dongwoon on the couch. He put his arm around you. 

One of fight scenes came on and you flailed your arms.

“You go Tae Sik! Get those evil men!”

“Shh, _____.”

Merong. 

During the scene when Tae Sik is in the garage all alone, you looked over to see tears streaming down Dongwoon’s face. 

“Aw, boo. Don’t worry.”

By the end, both of you were crying your eyes out, hugging each other. You sniffled.

“That’s such a good movie.”

He nodded and picked you up, carrying you to bed. As he laid you down, you hiccuped. He chuckled and kissed you goodnight. Goodnight, boo. You fell asleep almost immediately.

“No! Stop!”

Bang! 

“Noooooo!”

You fell to your knees in anguish. 

“Why...oh, why...”

Your voice was barely audible. The floor was like a sea of crimson red. 

“Why him?”

You bolted up straight, panting. 

“Boo...”

He sat up with you.

“Hm?”

“I had a bad dream.”

“I knew you would. Come here.”

You two laid back down and he held you in his arms, softly singing you to sleep. 

“어느 날 난 너에게 물어봤지 넌 왜 나를 이렇게 좋아하느냐 넌 대답해 넌 왜 그게 궁금한 거냐고 그 웃음에 너를 이렇게 좋아하는 거라고...“

Ah...He knows me so well.