Still Into Her

Still Into You

taehyung buries his face on his pillow, hugging it tight as it muffled his frustrared screams. he doesn't know what to do. it's already 2 o'clock in the morning and yet here he is, acting like a giddy high school girl. his bed is a mess; a couple of pillows and his duvet on the floor.

 

but what did happen? what made him turn into this—this mess?

 

earlier that day.

 

"my head feels like it's gonna' explode," jimin groans.

 

"face the consequence of irresponsibly drinking last night no matter how much we warned you." taehyung nonchalantly replies.

 

jimin rolls his eyes at this, but his frown was immediately replaced by a grin. a mischievous grin. he follows the familiar figure with his gaze, constantly giving glances to taehyung who was busy with his phone for some reason.

 

"hey look, it's your ex-girlfriend," taehyung looks at him. "kang seulgi."

 

the younger boy rolls his eyes at this. they didn't really end up well and he had to move on after finding out that she's already going out with lee taeyong, one of the school's greatest dancers. he just shrugged it off, what can he do when she doesn't want someone who's as cool and hot as him?

 

taehyung scoffs. "kang seulgi who—"

 

"hi! can we sit here? we can't find any vacant seats.." taehyung freezes and jimin had to bite his cheek to prevent himself from laughing his off.

 

"sure, sure!" jimin gestures the free seats in front of them, smiling innocently.

 

taehyung knows something sinister was behind his bestfriend's smile, and he suddenly wanted to choke jimin. seulgi and wendy occupy the seats while jimin watches taehyung but—he didn't even give her a glance!

 

"so, how's senior life going for you guys?" seulgi says out of the blue, catching taehyung and jimin's attention.

 

taehyung's eyes went wide—probably wider than a dinner plate. seulgi's hair was ash gray and was wearing red lipstick that really suited her. he just stared at her and luckily for him, she was too focused with talking to jimin.

 

at least that's what he thought.

 

seulgi's eyes travel towards him and she smiles at him, her eyes turning into crescents. and oh, how he missed that goddamn laugh. that very moment, taehyung knew.

 

taehyung knew he's ed up by kang seulgi once again.

 

his heart suddenly was beating erratically and he couldn't even look at her. flashbacks from their junior days came rushing back; how he made her corny little poems, how he sneaked chocolates and flowers in her locker—he did many things back then, you wouldn't want to know the rest.

 

"you okay? you're—" seulgi fails to finish her sentence as wendy suddenly shoves some paper to her, wendy mouths a calm the down to taehyung in which he nodded at.

 

the two girls eventually leave, running as fast as they can after hearing the bell. taehyung clutches his chest and jimin finally laughs his off. he laughed too much he almost ended up falling.

 

"jimin," taehyung finally says after minutes of silence.

 

"y-yes?" jimin tried so hard not to laugh again.

 

"i think i ed myself up again."

 

whoosh. back to present time.

 

taehyung wanted to bang his head against the headboard. he thought he was finally over with the butterflies, (that sounded gay) but surprise, . he's back to zero.

 

ka-talk!

 

taehyung lazily reaches for his phone, still hugging his pillow. he unlocks it and immediately goes to check his kakaotalk.

 

kang seulgi: hey, are you okay? i didn't really want to leave a while ago, but we had to. i hope you're doing fine.

 

taehyung turns bright pink.