Fell For You

Fell For You

 

 

~Happy birthday ChaitanyaChinky (。・ω・。)ノ♡ hope you have a wonderful day!!

 

"Why is it so cold today?" Jungkook asked himself as he blew at his frozen fingers to try and keep them warm.

He wished he had brought gloves with him but he'd forgotten them at home when he'd rushed to the bus station. He had to get to his eight o' clock class on time or his professor would have his head, and that meant he had to get to the bus stop in time or he'd miss the bus. It was supposed to arrive by seven fifteen and it took Jungkook about five minutes to get from his apartment complex to here, and when he'd left it was already seven twelve. Jungkook had been in such a rush since he'd woken up late. He'd had to hurry about and that caused him to forget quite a few things. Besides his gloves, he hadn't remembered to pack his laptop charger or planner. He'd also forgotten his lunch at home which really annoyed him. On top of all that, he hadn't grabbed his wallet either, so he wouldn't even be able to buy himself something to eat later.

What made the whole day worse was that the bus hadn't arrived yet. It was already seven eighteen, three minutes past the time the bus should have arrived. If the bus came any later then seven twenty then Jungkook was going to be late to his class, which was what he had been trying to avoid in the first place. Letting out a groan at his terrible luck, Jungkook pulled out his phone yet again to check the time. He frowned seeing that a minute had passed and there was still no sign of the bus. What was taking it so long? Jungkook really wondered if he should maybe invest in a car instead of relying on public transportation so much since it was such a fickle thing after all. But he knew that was impossible; he was a semi-broke college student. He didn't have the money to afford a car, even if it was the most used car in the world.

Jungkook blew out a breath causing the air in front of him to fog and turned to look down the street yet again. A sense of relief washed over him as he finally saw the bus turning the corner and heading towards the stop he was at. "Freaking finally," Jungkook mutter to himself as he slung his backpack back onto his shoulder and waited impatiently for the bus to come to a stop in front of him. As soon as the doors opened, Jungkook boarded the bus and scanned his pass before looking for a seat. Despite how early in the morning it was, all the seats were already pretty much filled and Jungkook couldn't see an open spot anywhere. Then he noticed a kind elderly woman move her bags off the seat next to her and motion him over to take the place. Jungkook smiled at the kind lady before approaching her. As he did he heard loud footsteps clambering up the stairs of the bus. As he sat down he looked up to see who had boarded and was surprised to recognize his crush standing there searching through his bag.

Now that was a shock, Jungkook had never seen Jimin around his apartment complex. As far as he knew, Jimin lived on campus, so the elder had no reason to be here or on this bus. The fact he was suggested the elder had been close to this area. Jungkook wondered what Jimin was doing out here so early in the morning. He was so caught off guard by the sudden appearance of the black-haired male with flushed cheeks and sparkly eyes, he couldn't stop staring as he watched Jimin pay the bus fare and then start walking down the aisle towards the back. Jimin looked up to search for a seat, and Jungkook looked away quickly not wanting to be caught staring.

The bus suddenly lurched forward just as Jimin was passing by Jungkook. Jungkook saw the elder about to lose his balance and fall, so he reacted without thinking and quickly wrapped an arm around Jimin's waist pulling him back into his lap. Jimin blinked before turning to look at Jungkook, whose nose was a few inches away from his own. Jungkook could feel his face starting to grow hot as he realized what he'd just done.

"I was just preventing your fall," Jungkook hurried to say as a way of explaining.

Jimin just stared at him, still looking adorably confused as he quietly asked, "What?"

The elderly lady beside Jungkook chuckled and spoke up, "He saved you from falling and possibly hurting yourself dear. You should thank him."

The confusion didn't last much longer as Jimin slowly comprehended what happened and gave Jungkook a breathtaking smile.

"Oh... Thank you!" Jimin said beaming up at Jungkook. Jungkook nodded and responded with, "Y-you're welcome." The two continued to stare at each other for a moment longer and Jungkook noticed a blush slowly forming on Jimin's cheeks drawing his attention towards it.

"Um, you can let go now," Jimin finally spoke up looking down at Jungkook's arm which was still encircled around him. At those words, Jungkook's attention was pulled away from the forming blush on Jimin's face as his own began to grow hotter. He quickly released Jimin and rubbed the back of his neck before looking around. He noted there were still no seats available and he didn't want Jimin to stand as there might be another incident and the elder might fall again. Not to mention... he liked having his crush sitting on his lap. As Jimin was about to get up Jungkook spoke again.

"Y-you could just stay. There's not really any other seats available," Jungkook said. Jimin looked around and noticed the younger was right but then he shook his head.

"It's alright, I'll just stand. I'm heavy and I don't want to make your legs go numb," Jimin replied moving to get up once again but Jungkook was quick to stop him and shake his head.

"You're not heavy at all, don't worry I really don't mind. You might fall if the driver does that again so it's better you stay seated," Jungkook tried to convince the other with logic but then added, "I mean only if you're comfortable with sitting here. Or I could give you my seat."

Jimin giggled and smiled at Jungkook. "No need to give up your seat, if this really doesn't bother you, then I'll take you up on your offer. Thanks, Jungkook."

Jungkook stared at Jimin wide-eyed, caught off guard by the sudden realization that Jimin knew his name. "Y-you know my name?" Jungkook asked.

"Well yeah... everyone on campus practically does since you're the 'tall, handsome, soccer captain.' I'm Jimin by the way," Jimin answered while nodding his head and then sticking out his hand for a handshake.

"Um, I already knew that. You're pretty well-known, too, thanks to your dancing," Jungkook answered as he shook Jimin's small hand, internally screaming at how soft and warm it was. Jimin nodded while shaking his hand.

"Brr, your hand is cold!" Jimin said pretending to shiver but he was smiling all the same.

"Sorry!" Jungkook squeaked as he let go but Jimin held on while laughing. "No, it's ok, let me warm them up as thanks!"

With his other hand, he took of Jungkook's free hand and began rubbing his warmth onto them. Jungkook just watched in silence completely enthralled by what was happening. He was holding hands with his crush. His crush knew his name. Furthermore, his crush was sitting in his lap! Suddenly Jungkook's bad morning wasn't so bad after all.

* * * *

Jimin stayed in his lap and they'd made small talk throughout the bus ride. Jungkook had even scored Jimin's number which was definitely a win in his book. In the end, he'd ended up late to class and the professor had his head, but he was to upset by it as he'd managed to establish something with his crush. Maybe now they could be friends. And in the future, they'd be something more... Oh, the possibilities that had suddenly been opened up to him!

Jungkook spent the rest of his day in a state of euphoria, going through his classes and occasionally texting with Jimin who'd taken the initiative to text him first. The conversation he'd started with Jimin over text was going so well that Jungkook nearly forgot about his bad morning and all the things he'd forgotten at home. That was until his laptop died and he became hungry when lunchtime rolled around and he remembered he had no money to buy food. He groaned as his stomach growled for the third time in ten minutes. He wanted to go home and make himself a bowl of ramen or something but he had two more classes to go and they'd start in thirty minutes, which meant he had no time to go home and eat before coming back.

"Why couldn't I have just woken up early today," Jungkook muttered to himself as he looked at the time on his phone and noticed he'd received another message from Jimin. He opened up his messaging app and read the message before looking up and looking around him.

"Try looking behind you silly," Jimin's tinkling voice and laugh suddenly resonated from right behind him.

Jungkook leaned back and looked up at Jimin who smiled down at him.

"Hi!" Jimin said with a bright smile before he moved to the side and took a seat beside Jungkook. The two were sitting in the lounge-like area that their school had set up in each of their buildings.

"Hi," Jungkook responded smiling back at the elder.

"Whatcha doing?" Jimin asked.

"Waiting for my next class to start," Jungkook answered with a shrug just as his stomach let out another embarrassing growl. Jungkook's face heated up once again as he looked at Jimin who was looking towards Jungkook's stomach.

"Did you not eat lunch?" Jimin asked as he looked back up at Jungkook's face and raised an eyebrow in question. Jungkook shook his head, "I forgot my lunch at home and forgot my wallet so I don't have money to buy food either," Jungkook explained with a sigh and laid his head against the table as another growl emitted from his stomach and he grew more embarrassed.

Jimin tsked while shaking his head, "That's no good Jungkookie. A growing boy like you needs to eat."

Jimin turned away and opened his backpack as Jungkook raised his head to stare at Jimin in shock. Nicknames already? Jungkook thought to himself as he smiled.

"Here!" Jimin said pulling out a plastic bag from his backpack and setting it between them. Jungkook gave him a questioning look and Jimin just smiled as he opened the plastic bag and pulled out a foot long sub which he'd gotten from Subway along with some snacks.

"You can have half of this and whatever snacks you want!" Jimin said pointing towards the array of food now on the table.

"Oh, no, it's ok. I'll be fine without lunch. You brought this for yourself so you eat it," Jungkook said shaking his head but Jimin frowned at him.

"Are you refusing to let your hyung take care of you? Are you trying to make me out as a bad hyung?" Jimin questioned as his lips formed a pout and Jungkook's heart clenched at the site of it.

"What? No!" Jungkook immediately denied.

"Then you'll take hyung's offer and eat!" Jimin declared, all smiles once more as he took one half of the sub and gave it to Jungkook. Jungkook took it and looked down at it before looking back at Jimin.

"Are you sure, hyung?" Jungkook asked.

"Of course!" Jimin chirped in reply.

"Ok... Thanks, hyung," Jungkook said with a small smile.

"You're welcome! You're actually doing me a favor, you know? Do you really think I could eat all this on my own?" Jimin asked as he took his half of the sub and opened the wrapper.

"Well, I guess it is a lot... Why'd you get so much hyung?" Jungkook asked.

"I didn't buy it. My friend Jin, he works at the subway on campus and he's always giving me free food, usually more than I can eat. He says it's to make sure my chubby cheeks never go away, but I think it's just cause he loves taking care of me and making sure I'm eating enough since I sometimes skip meals when I'm busy," Jimin explained as he took a bite from his food and began to chew.

"I see, that's nice of him," Jungkook responded as he too began to eat.

The two ate and talked about their day so far as well as their classes. Jungkook ended up losing track of time and had to run to his next class to make it. He'd left in hurry but didn't forget to thank Jimin for the food to which the elder had responded, "Anytime!". If Jungkook wasn't sure before, he was now, Jimin was definitely already friends with him.

* * * *

It was finally time to go home and Jungkook couldn't be more happy about it. He was tired after having to attend soccer practice despite the freezing cold. He was ready to finally go home and take a hot shower before relaxing in his bed until he had to get up for class again tomorrow. While waiting for the bus, Jungkook nearly dozed off. He was awoken when he heard the bus pull up with a loud screech, like usual. Gathering his things, he boarded along with the horde of other students into the overcrowded bus. This time he was sure there weren't any seats available, so he didn't bother looking and instead headed towards the back and grabbed a hold of one of the overhead strap holders.

The bus began to move and Jungkook just stared out the window somewhat in a daze. He watched the scenery go by, eagerly awaiting to pass the groove of trees which meant they would be reaching his stop. While staring out the window he suddenly felt his balance shift as the bus came to an abrupt stop sending a lot of people stumbling backward. One particular individual was sent flying backward and somehow Jungkook ended up catching them while steadying himself so they both didn't topple over.

Once they were both steady, Jungkook looked down and see that once again Park Jimin was in his arms. Without thinking yet again he blurted out the first thing that came into his mind, "I think you just fell for me."

No sooner had the words left his mouth someone began clapping and soon the whole bus joined in. Jimin stared at Jungkook a moment before he burst out into a fit of laughter.

"No that's not true," Jimin started as he giggled and looked back up at Jungkook again. "I already fell for you this morning," Jimin went on to say, eliciting another round of cheers from the passengers beside them as the bus began to move again.

Jungkook took a hold of the overhead strap again while also holding onto Jimin securely with his other arm.

"Ah..." Jungkook was at a sudden loss for words as he stared dumbly at Jimin. His mind trying to catch up and convince himself that he was reading the situation right.

"Does that mean... That you'd say yes if I asked you out?" Jungkook finally asked.

"You'll have to ask me to know," Jimin replied with a teasing smile.

"Then, will you go out with me, Jimin hyung?" Jungkook asked, deciding to try his luck.

"Yes, of course, I will. As I said, I already fell for you," Jimin responded with a big smile.

* * * *

"And that's how I scored myself, my future husband. On a bus," Jungkook declared while looking at the two children before him. Sangmin and Sunmi looked at one another and then at Jungkook before beginning to babble over one another.

"Don't you think your children are a little too young to understand your story?" Jimin asked as he came into the living room with two bottles in his hands and a shy smile on his face.

"Nah, it's never to early to tell them how we met," Jungkook said taking one of the bottles and picking up Sunmi while Jimin picked up Sangmin.

"Hm, if you say so, but if you start this early they're bound to get tired of the story before they're even a year old," Jimin said while laughing. He uncapped the bottle and began feeding his seven-month-old son.

"How could they possibly tire of such a romantic story? It's so unique! Name another couple that met and fell for each other on a bus!" Jungkook challenged as he began feeding Sunmi.

Jimin shook his head while still smiling. "You're an idiot," Jimin stated.

"Yea, well you married this idiot. So who's the real idiot?" Jungkook countered making Jimin giggle.

"Still you."

"Aw come on, don't be mean."

"Fine, fine, we're both idiots. Happy?"

"Oddly enough, no," Jungkook answered with a pout making Jimin laugh even more. Jungkook huffed and say, "You're so mean, why don't you love me anymore?"

"Who says I ever loved you?" Jimin asked shaking his head.

Jungkook gasped dramatically while looking up at Jimin. "But but you do! You have to! Say you love me!" Jungkook demanded childishly.

"Come on idiot, I literally fell for you, so of course I love you!" Jimin responded and the both of them laughed at that, content and happy with how they'd met and became lovers.
 

 

~Hope you liked it ^.^