some kind of crazy

a vixen's hunger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: i think it's a bit lengthy but i like the story its cute. thanks for choosing to read this, enjoy dayeon nation!

 

warning; not necessarily but there's a little something-something along the way????? 

 

 

Dahyun smiled fondly and waved the mother and daughter as they left the yogurt place. She broke out into a soft smile before helping out the next customer in line.

 

"Hi, did you have any trouble today?" Dahyun asked the guest as she prepares the register for a new sales transaction. The guest shakes her head and sets the yogurt bowl in front of the weigh-in scale. 

 

"That'll be $4.65 for today, please." Dahyun finished the sale and as the guest puts away her wallet, she heard her say, "Bold choice of hair color."

 

Dahyun stuck her neck out as if she heard incorrectly. It's not too uncommon to bleach one's hair such a bright purple, but as a college student focusing in business administrations, perhaps it might be a little shocking. 

 

"Was a little tired of blonde, so why not?" Dahyun replied, seeing the woman in front of her smile before taking her leave. 

 

The rest of her shift was abnormally slow for a beautiful, spring day. "Hey, it's a little slow today, wanna call it a day?" Dahyun's manager, Jihyo asked holding a clipboard in one hand and a pen in the other, looking over inventory efficiently.

 

"25 more minutes won't kill me, I'll be okay." Dahyun replied. The manager smiled and continued her task. Dahyun ended up staying a little later because of an unexpected rush, just some high school cheerleaders who had a fundraiser going on and Jihyo forgot to staff more employees. 

 

After her shift ended, Dahyun changed out of her work uniform into her casual clothing. Biking home takes around less than 10 minutes, she's just glad her workplace wasn't too far from her place or from school. 

 

"I swear I remember Professor saying the marginal revenue curve was above the demand curve." Dahyun's business classmate, Chaeyoung, said over FaceTime. 

 

Dahyun flipped her notebook pages rapidly, hoping to find the correct answer as she lightly pushed her specs on her chiseled nose bridge. 

 

"It says here in my notes that, on page.... one-fifty..three, that the marginal revenue curve is always below the demand curve." Chaeyoung regrouped her thoughts and followed Dahyun's instructions. It that she was out sick today, so Dahyun, being the dear she is, took her time helping out Chaeyoung with today's lesson over the phone. 

 

Changing her position, Chaeyoung laid flat on her toned stomach on the bed. "I got an email saying we have a project earlier this day." Chaeyoung questioned.

 

Dahyun replied, "Starting from today, which is a Monday, we got exactly three weeks until it's due." 

 

"Do you want to come over my place this weekend? I'll be all healed up by then and won't get you sick. I'm feeling better because I had rest this past weekend." Dahyun agreed and took off her glasses, rubbing them a bit. 

 

"Sounds gooood." Dahyun's voice strained out as she stretched her body. 

 

All of a sudden, Chaeyoung's older sister walked out of their bathroom in the master bedroom and ruffled her wet hair in between the towels, giving Chaeyoung a little scare.

 

"Unnie! When did you even come in here?" 

 

Taking a closer look, she sees the same purple-haired girl earlier from today. "Hold on, who are you talking to?" 

 

"I'm going to mute you very quick, my sister wants to distract our study time." Chaeyoung teased, hearing an 'ok' and a soft laugh from Dahyun's end. 

 

Chaeyoung sat up and answered her, "She's my business mate, Nayeon unnie. We somehow find ourselves seeing each other a lot in the same classes so she's helping me with some lessons I missed out on. I assume you already know this because she's been here a couple times." 

 

"You really think I would miss that bright head of hers?" Nayeon reminded Chaeyoung. 

 

"I don't doubt it, but she recently changed her hair color from blonde. Plus, you're never home on the weekends, you're always with Jeongyeon unnie and Momo unnie." 

 

Nayeon nodded her head and kept her eye on the phone screen for a split moment, seeing Dahyun fully immersed on her computer with a hand over . 

 

"She's cute." Nayeon said. Chaeyoung clicked between her teeth. 

 

"Paws off, she's cuffed. You're outta luck on this one, unnie." Nayeon scoffed at the information. 

 

"It's not like I go for girls like her anyways. I like girls like Sana." Nayeon smirked. Chaeyoung groaned before replying.

 

"Oh, how can I forget, you two are loud as , it's draining to be staying in the same room with you two. I ALWAYS HAVE TO SLEEP IN THE OFFICE ROOM OR THE LIVING ROOM WHEN SHE'S OVER." 

 

"Grab your sheets again because she's coming over this weekend." 

 

"No no no no, please not this weekend. Dahyun's coming over for a project." 

 

Nayeon paused before replying, "Why not go to the library?"

 

"Does it look like we have a car like you and Sana?" Chaeyoung rebutted. "Fine, fine. We'll leave this weekend." Nayeon defeatedly gave in. 

 

After Nayeon left the room to get some dinner, Chaeyoung unmuted herself and continued gaining lessons from Dahyun before calling it a night. 

 

The week rather went by quicker than expected. Maybe it's because many of their classes were getting cancelled due to thanksgiving break. 

 

Before she knew it, Friday rolled around and Dahyun was biking home. Gathering her materials before meeting up at Chaeyoung's house, she stopped for a moment to send a simple text to Chaeyoung. 

 

DAHYUN: Hey Chaeng, I'm going to be making some pasta for dinner, do you want some?

CHAEYOUNG: WOULD I EVER?! YES, PLEASE! I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU!

 

Arriving at Chaeyoung's house hours later, Dahyun set her bike on the patio and knocked on the door three times, books clutched close to her chest. 

 

Dahyun waited patiently for Chaeyoung. Seeing a figure ghost over behind the door frame, Dahyun heard a voice that didn't sound much like Chaeyoung. "Took you long enough, I was waiting-" Nayeon started before realizing the girl wasn't Sana. 

 

"-for you." 

 

Dahyun smiled shyly the second she realized the woman in front of her stopped by earlier in the week. "Hi, I'm here for Chaeyoung."

 

The older of the two smiled and leaned up against the door frame, arms crossed. "She's upstairs, in the office room." Dahyun bowed in respect of age as she walked past Nayeon towards the kitchen counter. 


"You're the girl who works at the yogurt place." She said, seeing Dahyun settle down the tupperware full of pasta on the counter. 

 

Dahyun didn't exactly turn around on the sound of her voice, but did so anyway. "That would be me." 

 

"Small world, huh?" Dahyun forcefully smiled before hearing her speak again, "She's waiting for you upstairs." Seeing how she dashed for the stairs, Nayeon had a feeling that Dahyun's not too much of the talking type. 

 

Just then, Nayeon heard knocks on the door. 

 

"Nayeon unnie!" Sana screamed as she leaps up into Nayeon's chest, the older catching her in her arms safely.

 

"Hey, you look good." She said, holding Sana's waistline. Sana giggled and approached her taking a deep breath in and out, "And I feel good." 

 

"Let's keep it that way, I just need to change and then we'll get going." Nayeon said, Sana nodded and walked towards the kitchen. 

 

"You made pasta? But you can barely cook." Sana asked, holding up the tupperware, observing the meal. "It's not mine, Chaeyoung's little friend brought it over, so don't touch it." 

 

Sana looked up at Nayeon who's already walking up the stairs, "Hmm... okay." 

 

"Where are we going tonight, unnie?" Sana asked, trailing behind Nayeon, back-hugging her once they reached the top. 

 

Nayeon remembered how Chaeyoung was talking about this restaurant that serves mediterranean cuisines. "Ah, we can go to that mediterranean restaurant my sister was talking about." 

 

"Anything you want, baby." Sana cooed. Nayeon sighed to herself, "What'd I say about these nicknames?" 

 

Sana pouted and moved one of her hands up to Nayeon's chest. "Hmm.. but hearing you call me them in bed is okay?" 

 

Nayeon looked into Sana's doe-eyes and defeatedly turned around, walking into her and Chaeyoung's shared room. "Is that a problem Sana-ssi?" 

 

Nayeon firmly asked, as if there should only be one answer coming out of . Sana bit her lips and shook her head obediently before plopping down on Nayeon's bed near the closet. 

 

15-20 minutes passed until Nayeon was ready to leave. Grabbing her keys on her desk, Nayeon and Sana made their way downstairs before running into two small figures sitting on the dinner chairs feeding on some italian goods. 

 

"Ahh, unnie. You're leaving?" Chaeyoung said once she heard footsteps coming down. Sana took notice how Nayeon and Chaeyoung's friend made eye contact, it seemed different from how Nayeon looks at her but it's not quite romantically. 

 

"Yeah, do well on your project." Nayeon said as she grabbed her black-and-white plaid coat from the coat hanger in front of the entrance. 

 

"Spit it out." Sana said sternly, shoving her hands in her coat pockets. Nayeon looked up from locking the door. 

 

"What?" 

 

"The girl. What's up with her?" Sana asked. 

 

"What about her? There's nothing going on if that's what you're thinking." Nayeon replied. 

 

Sana scoffed, "I would say otherwise, the tension can cause up a damn fire." Recognizing the attitude, Nayeon smirked to herself and looked down at the floor. 

 

"Trust me, she's not my type." Nayeon said as she clicked the button to unlock her car. Sana pouted and stayed still, watching Nayeon get into the driver seat. 

 

"Wanna walk six miles?" Sana defeatedly sighed and got in the passenger seat. Folding her arms brattily, Nayeon looked to and back from Sana before starting her car. Nayeon seemed to understand the younger's emotions and leaned in for a kiss on the cheek, making her soften up her tense muscles. 

 

"Who am I spending time with right now, hm?" She said in a calm tone, assuring the Japanese girl. With a cute huff, Sana responded. "Cute." Nayeon hovered her right hand over Sana's thighs, grazing them very softly. "That, I am."

 

With that, they spent the rest of their night at the restaurant before heading to Sana's place. 

 

Back at Chaeyoung's house, they're finishing up Dahyun's cooked meal. "I didn't know she was your sister. Maybe because I've never actually met your sister before even if we've known each other for a year or two now." 

 

With stuffed, Chaeyoung gulped a huge lump of shrimp and slid it down with some coconut water. "She actally noticed that too. I guess when you come over, she's already out with her friends or with Sana." 

 

"Sana-ssi. Are they dating?" Dahyun asked, picking some shredded lobster in the pasta. 

 

"I guess they are? I don't know. They're not seeing anyone else but each other but they're not necessarily official?" Dahyun nodded after hearing that information. 

 

"Why'd you ask, Dahyun unnie?" Chaeyoung questioned, leaning her arms onto the counter. "No, I just... I was just curious." Dahyun replied. Chaeyoung left it like that, she didn't want to push her. Knowing Dahyun's got herself a girl, there wouldn't be any reason for her to be interested in her sister anyway. 

 

After cleaning up, the two scholars focused on their project that's due two mondays from today. Powerpoints, a canvas board to apply graphs and statistics, and loads and loads of articles to better support their project, scattered in sections of the office floor.

 

Time was flying by way too fast because they're not even halfway done when Dahyun looked up at the clock on her phone. 12:34am. 

 

"Chaeng, I'm too tired to bike home, do you mind if I sleep here tonight?" Chaeyoung rubbed her eyes and stretched her back, raising her arms up in the air. 

 

"No problem, you can share the bed with me... I have a heating blanket." Dahyun fiddled awkwardly, "Are you sure? I can sleep on the sofa in the living room if you would rather have more room for yourself." Dahyun suggested. 

 

"Nahhh, it's not as warm as my bed. It'll be warm! Do you want to freeze on the sofa?" Dahyun sighed and stretched her arm over Chaeyoung, engulfing her in a hug. 

 

"I appreciate it." She said, over Chaeyoung's ear. "Let's clean up, we can continue tomorrow, we have all of Saturday and Sunday, and literally two more weeks." 

 

"Yes, but I like how we both like to get things done as quick as possible." Dahyun nodded with a smile before piling up papers in order. 

 

After Chaeyoung lent Dahyun some of her silk pajamas, Dahyun showered before resting next to Chaeyoung.

 

Around 3:20am, Dahyun felt Chaeyoung rustling back and forth, kicking and stretching and scratching her sides. Dahyun tried to be mindful that this is Chaeyoung's bed, and she's absolutely allowed to do all these things, but she couldn't deny that it was disrupting her sleep. 

 

To add on the long list of events, Chaeyoung pulled the heated blanket all to her side, leaving Dahyun bare without any warm coverage. Dahyun sneakily tried to at least get her legs and feet inside the blankets so she can somehow warm herself up. 

 

Hearing a murmur from Chaeyoung, Dahyun sees her stir in her sleep, now facing her face-to-face. She stopped in her tracks before looking around for anything warm around her.

 

Eyeing Chaeyoung's school hoodie on the lampside table, Dahyun reached for it, trying not to wake up the mobile girl. Unsuccessfully so, Dahyun fell off the bed with a loud thud. 

 

Scared of waking up the younger girl, Dahyun resulted in sitting up against the edge of Chaeyoung's bed with her arms crossed, knees propped up. 

 

She sat there for a moment, before hearing footsteps and key chains clinking each other. That can only be one person. 

 

Dahyun looked for ways to not look like a dumb idiot who fell off the bed at 3 in the morning. Dahyun didn't know why, but her brain somehow thought it's perfectly fine to pretend to sleep on the floor, so that's exactly what she did. 

 

Her purple hair sprawled all over the floor, her arm propped up below her head for support, Dahyun acted as if she's meant to sleep on the floor like this. 

 

A soft creak of the door was heard as Dahyun hears Nayeon walk into the room before closing the bedroom door. The next thing that she felt Nayeon did was unexpected. 

 

Dahyun felt Nayeon bring her arms around Dahyun's back and legs for support as she lifts her up from the floor, bringing her over towards Nayeon's bed. Dahyun was confused, so utterly confused. Why didn't she put her back in Chaeyoung's bed?

 

Nayeon threw a warm, mink blanket over Dahyun and settled her in, all respectfully trying not to wake her up. Dahyun was confused, but at the same time she was thankful, because her body became warm in seconds. 

 

She didn't know if it was the warm sensation from her body from the act or from the blanket itself. Soon, Dahyun dozed off and snoozed, forgetting where she was and who's bed she's in, that'll be an issue to solve tomorrow but for tonight, she's warm and fallen asleep.

 

The next morning, Dahyun was woken up with Chaeyoung standing in her line of view. "Morning." Dahyun groaned out cutely. Chaeyoung kept her lips mum but her cute little dimple did show. 

 

"What? Why are you smiling?" Dahyun asked. Chaeyoung replied, "You wanna tell me why you're in my sister's bed, sleeping beauty?" 

 

All the senses came rushing back to her. The entire scene from last night, the falling, the carrying, the sleeping. 

 

"Last thing I remembered, I fell on the floor." Dahyun said, hiding a little bit of the truth. Chaeyoung smiled to herself. "That's odd, I guess Nayeon found you and put you in her bed herself." 

 

"Apparently so." 

 

"You know, there's little to nobody who can sleep in her bed, not even me. Actually, now that I think of it, I prefer not to because her and Sana... you know." Dahyun's eyes widened and she literally fell off the floor. 

 

"Unnie! Chill, Nayeon's not dirty, she cleans her sheets after they finish." Dahyun breathed heavily as she and Chaeyoung both turn to see Nayeon munching on some breakfast cereal. 

 

"Morning kids." She said mumbling over the chewed cereal in . Chaeyoung sighed and replied, "Can you eat your own cereal, I like these strawberry-marshmellow ones and they're expensive to buy." She whined. 

 

"I assumed this would be okay because she slept in my bed last night instead of yours." Nayeon replied, stuffing another spoonful. 

 

"About that.." Dahyun started, "Thank you.. for letting me sleep in your bed." Nayeon nodded her head and swallowed a mouthful. 

 

"I know Chaeyoung hogs the blankets and always move in her sleep. It would be hard to get any rest in." Nayeon said before turning her heel. 

 

"Wait, did you sleep in the same bed as-" Chaeyoung began.

 

"I didn't."

 

Dahyun and Chaeyoung just watched her leave, walking down the stairs. "I think she likes you." 

 

Dahyun panicked, "S-She what?!" 

 

"Not like that, I was just saying friend wise, I have friends but they're all really loud and energetic and like to blast music when they're over. Nayeon unnie doesn't like being disturbed when she's home."

 

"Ahh.. ah." Dahyun understood. "Hey, I made some steamed kimchi stew, you want some? It's already noon." 

 

"Noon?!" 

 

"Guess you didn't sleep all that well. Yeah, it's past noon. Wash up, I'll wait for you downstairs." Chaeyoung said, chucking her a towel for her face. 

 

Slowly walking downstairs, she sees Nayeon with her feet propped up flipping the switch on the tv remote as she goes through the netflix recommendations. 

 

Chaeyoung's got on her apron as she serves two bowls of rice with some side dishes and the main meal. "Come here, I got the table set, let's dig in." 

 

The afternoon went rather swell. Even if it was cold, the sun was shining brightly and she was enjoying her time with Chaeyoung as the giggle over cute puppies swimming for the first time videos trending on sns. 

 

Nayeon walked upstairs, leaving the two girls by themselves at the dining table. "Your parents out again?" Dahyun asked. 

 

"Yeah, they're spending a lot of time in Gyeonggi-do because of business reasons, they always call to update on us so it's not too bad." 

 

Dahyun smiled as she eats the last spoonful of rice, "I'll help you clean." Chaeyoung was about to ask about her parents but felt like the rush of the changed topic was a clear answer. 

 

"How are you and Mina?" Chaeyoung asked, changing the subject. "We're great. It I don't get to see her often because she goes to a school 38 miles away, but when we see each other it's so lovely." 

 

Chaeyoung cooed, saying how she's jealous of their love and how fond of romance she is. "I got this covered, do you mind setting up our display and get our things ready? I'll be up soon." Chaeyoung said, swiping her hair out of her face. 

 

Dahyun hummed and went to get everything set up. Looking over the research papers from last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter