Shoe Laces

Shoe Laces

“Yah! Kim Doyeon! I don’t understand why you keep doing this,” Yoojung huffed.

“I’m sorry,” Doyeon whined. “It’s not my fault I can’t tie shoe laces! They’re too difficult,” she huffed which luckily for her made Yoojung chuckle a little.

“You’re such a child at times!” Yoojung shook her head at her girlfriends childish behaviour.

“But we’re dating, so you’re saying you’re a creep?” Doyeon teased.

“Quiet! Or I won’t help you anymore,” Yoojung playfully threatened.

Luckily before Doyeon could come up with a comeback, the shorter girl had crouched down and began to tie the taller girl’s shoe laces.

“You should stop wearing sneakers with laces, you know?” Yoojung said softly, as she stood up.

“No! I don’t like Velcro shoes,” Doyeon shook her head. “And besides, I’ve got you to help me.” She grinned at the older girl, wrapping her arms around her waist.

“Well… Yeah, but at least let me teach you. Because you look a little… Odd, having me tie your laces every day.” Yoojung nuzzled her face into the crook of Doyeon’s neck, leaning into the embrace.

“But Yoojung, baby,” Doyeon whined again. “I’m too tall!”

Yoojung pulled out of their embrace and erupted into a fit of laughter. “You’re too tall to tie your shoe laces? Kim Doyeon, that is the dumbest but funniest thing I’ve ever heard!”

“It’s true!” Doyeon giggled. “You’re just the right height to tie my laces, Choi Yoojung.” She smirked.

“Hey! I’m not that small, Doyeon,” Yoojung narrowed her eyes. “You’re just overly tall, like a beanstalk!”

Doyeon just shook her head at her girlfriends attempt of a comeback and let out a small chuckle.

~~~

Weeks had passed and nothing had changed. Except Yoojung had noticed something odd about her girlfriend’s behaviour. Before she’d only have to tie her laces once or twice a day for her as they’d become lose during dance practice or they’d just generally become loose. Lately though, the smaller girl had noticed that her girlfriend was deliberately untying her shoe laces and was playing with them an awful lot.

After monitoring her girlfriend’s behaviour for a day, Yoojung decided she needed to find out what was up with Doyeon. As she’d had to tie her girlfriend’s laces over ten times during the whole day. This was the most she’d had to tie them ever. Even when they were younger she’d never done them this much.

She needed to find out why she was acting so strange and fast.

She decided she’d ask her when they’re in their dorm room together.

~~~

Hours had passed, everyone else had gone into their respective rooms leaving Doyeon and Yoojung alone. Yoojung looked around the room, waiting for the right time to ask her girlfriend about her behaviour though before she could, Doyeon let out a yawn.

“Let’s go to our room, Yoojung,” the taller girl let out another yawn.

Yoojung looked down and noticed that her girlfriend’s shoe laces were untied. “Do you think you can tie your shoe laces first, Doyeon?” She asked softly.

“You know I don’t know how to tie them,” Doyeon sighed.

“Doyeon, haven’t you been watching me tying your laces for the past few weeks?” Yoojung tilted her head.

“Why would I stare at your hands tying up shoe laces, when I can stare at your beautiful face instead?” Doyeon smirked.

“You’re so greasy!” Yoojung playfully scolded her girlfriend, a faint blush creeping up on her cheeks. “You know, you need to learn though, don’t you? Otherwise you’ll trip over and get hurt.”

Doyeon lowered her head and nodded. “I know, I know.” She paused for a moment. “Why don’t I try to do them now?”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll do it,” Yoojung sighed, beginning to crouch down.

“No!” Doyeon screeched, a little to loud and quickly. “I’ll do it, let me show you. So you can see I’m trying!” She pleaded.

“Fine, show me,” Yoojung smiled. She wasn’t expecting much though especially after Doyeon’s greasy outburst.

Doyeon took a deep breath, staring at Yoojung as she began to crouch down. “Ouch!” She squealed as she pretended to fall so that she landed on one knee.

“Are you okay?” Yoojung frowned.

Rather than answering, Doyeon reached into her jacket pocket. She could feel Yoojung’s eyes burning into her head and she could sense the older girl’s confusion. Doyeon moved her head back up and locked her eyes with Yoojung’s, pulling out a small black box.

“Doyeon…” Yoojung blinked, her voice low. “What’s this?”

Not breaking eye contact, Doyeon opened the box showing a silver ring with a small diamond on it. She took a deep breath, her hand shaking a little. “Yoojung, you know how much I love you, right?” Doyeon started. Not letting the smaller girl answer, she continued. “Well, the answer is that I love you a lot. A lot more than you’ll ever know.”

“I- I love you too,” Yoojung whimpered, tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Choi Yoojung, you’re the only person that I ever want to be with. So, I’m wondering, will you do me the honour of being my wife?” Doyeon in a breath, feeling butterflies in her stomach as the anxiety mounted up in her mind.

Yoojung stared at Doyeon for a few moments, not believing that this was real. Doyeon was supposed to be tying her shoe laces, not proposing. Noticing that the taller girl now had tears rolling down her face. She realized that it was real. Kim Doyeon, her girlfriend of many years had just proposed to her.

“Yes!” She squealed, tears were now streaming down her face. “Yes, Doyeon. I’ll marry you!”

“Yeah?” Doyeon grinned, standing up to embrace her girlfriend in a hug. Although, before she could get to her girlfriend she felt herself stumble forward. Squeezing her eyes shut, she expected to fall onto the ground but instead she felt her girlfriends arms around her waist.

“See, Doyeon. I told you, you should tie your laces!” Yoojung giggled.

“Ah, Yoojung. You’re the only person I want tying my shoelaces though!” Doyeon winked.

Shaking her head, Yoojung bent down and tied her fiancés shoe laces.

“Next time, Kim Doyeon, you’ll be tying your own shoe laces! Or I’ll make you wear Velcro’s.” She playfully threatened.

Doyeon just chuckled and wrapped her arms around her now fiancé.

“One day, I’ll learn, baby. One day.”

 

~~~ Author’s Note~~~

Hi! Okay, so this is just a quick one shot. I’m sorry if it seems rushed or if it isn’t well written. I haven’t written for over 6 months but I’m trying to get back into the swing of things.

I hope you enjoyed it though, feedback is always welcome.

Have a great day/night!