1/1

I Count Four

 

 

 

 

“Yujin-ah, how many moles do I have on my face?” Wonyoung asks her out of the blue, positioning sideways to face the older girl despite the dim lights. This unplanned sleepover is getting boring.

 

Yujin is taken a back at the sudden question but she stares at Wonyoung’s face anyway. They’ve been closer than this distance before but the feeling in her heart is different and she swears to god that Wonyoung would’ve been laughing at her if it weren’t for the dimmed light hiding her flushed face. She has felt this before. The funny feeling in her stomach, definitely not because she was around her childhood friend.

 

Once during a movie night with Wonyoung, watching Our Times and she’s certainly sure that it was because of Darren Wang and not Wonyoung humming along to the movie’s soundtrack. And then there was that time during their grade school ball. Yujin has never seen anyone as beautiful as Wonyoung that day. Long wavy locks, bright eyes that seems to sparkle all the time, and her slender frame in a lovely purple dress. She tells herself that it’s because of the ginger ale fruit punch Yena gave her. The drink was non-alcoholic though. The most recent one being her ride on the school bus, but it wasn’t because of Wonyoung leaning on her shoulder. Definitely not the scent of Wonyoung’s strawberry cologne filling up her senses. She blamed it on the wind that day, she says it was too windy to the point where her tummy went all slushy. 

 

 

 

 

“T-that’s a very random question.” She answers but doesn’t take her eyes off the younger girl. Instead, she lifts a finger and Wonyoung’s face softly as if she was the most fragile thing on earth. 

 

One, just below her right eye. Wonyoung once mentioned that it was her charming point, Yujin agrees.

 

Another below her mushy cheek. A cute small spot on her nose, barely visible but it’s clear in Yujin’s eyes.

 

And lastly, one below her chin. Just like a constellation, every part of Wonyoung’s face was perfectly detailed which makes Yujin wonder a lot. Why on earth is she this near her friend? Wonyoung can’t be real, she thinks. 

 

She caresses each of them once again, making sure she touches them with care. “I count four.” She says but without breaking the contact and Wonyoung laughs. Her eyes curves into a crescent shape which causes a pang in Yujin’s heart. “I thought there were more.” Wonyoung replies as she places her palm on top of Yujin’s hand.

 

“So, among these four, which one is your favorite?”

 

 

Favorite? Yujin takes another look. She’ll never really get tired of looking at the younger girl’s face. But beneath Wonyoung’s face is a beautiful soul.

 

 

 

She’s more than just a pretty face.

 

 

 

Yujin thinks that it must be one of the many reasons why she’s feeling some kind of way towards her best friend. 

 

She places her thumb over the one below Wonyoung’s eyes gently. “This one is my favorite.” Yujin answers, eyes locked on Wonyoung’s.

 

 

“You were right back then, this really is your charming point.” Yujin mentions and she starts to mentally list every wonderful feature the latter has. “It accentuates your lovely eyes.”

 

 

“Your brows look soft.” Wonyoung giggles at this and Yujin isn’t sure whether it came from an angel or from her best friend. 

 

“Your skin is soft. I want to know what lotion your using.”

 

“We can share, I’ll give you some next week.” Wonyoung replies.

 

“You have a cute nose and red lips.”

 

“You have the loveliest voce on earth, I’d like to hear you wake me up every morning.” 

 

 

 

A blush creeps on Wonyoung’s cheeks and it’s now her turn to feel all mushy. “You really have to be cheesy like that huh?”

 

 

“And you really have to look gorgeous like this every damn time?!” Yujin counters and Wonyoung turns a shade darker.

 

 

 

Yujin smiles at the sight in front of her. Everything is so sudden and overwhelming, but Wonyoung is near her making the loveliest expression she has ever seen.

 

 

 

 

Wonyoung snuggles closer Yujin, her face resting comfortably on Yujin’s warm chest. Silence takes over and it calms them both. The atmosphere is different this time, but they know that their feelings are on the same page. There was no need to rush, they both know this. Their feelings, all are left unsaid. But it was too strong for the both of them not to feel it. No words can relay their emotions best. But actions speak louder than words and with the older girl by her side, she’s certain that the two of them will face what lies ahead together.

 

 

“I’m guessing you want to sleep like this?” Yujin asks softly, smiling from ear to ear. Wonyoung throws her a look and pokes her ever-so-charming dimples. The younger girl nuzzles even closer.

 

 

 

 

 

“You know me too well.”

 

 

 

 

And with their hearts both warm, they fall in to deep slumber.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s note: 

 

Hello beautiful people! I hope you enjoyed my annyeongz one-shot, I’ve put this up once in a shipper’s curious cat and now I’ve decided to post it here with some readjustments. Just a short good feel prompt where I wanted to somehow catch the essence of being a young teenager in love, and just give you all the vibes and feels because let’s all face it. Wonyoung and Yujin are still kids and I think it’s best to incorporate that into the story to make it feel a lot realer. Soulmates indeed. I’m working on another annyeongz fic which would be a lot longer, so I hope you all look forward to it! Thank you so much for reading my bare minimum work.

 

Love lots,

wonyoungs.