This is Where Our Love Lies

Where Our Love Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tapping sound from the lighter against the desk could be heard repeatedly in the dim and spacious office. There was no one in the room except for the owner of the office who was calmly yet eagerly waiting for someone to enter through the door.

His eyes didn’t shift from eyeing the clock on the wall until it finally struck 12 at noon and he threw his lighter on the desk. Chanyeol turned his head and stared on the door in front of him.

She will be here soon. He his dry lips, something he did only when he was anxious or nervous which was rarely happening especially from one of the leaders of a heartless and cruellest mafia gang in Korea.

Almost a minute later, someone knocked the door.

Chanyeol pushed himself up from his leather chair and fixed his Gucci blazer before he sat at the corner of his desk, facing the door.

“Come in.” He said in his low deep voice.

The door was pushed open and a male figure entered the room. Chanyeol’s right man bowed at him. “Miss Bae is here, sir.”

Right after her name was announce, Bae Yubin or Binnie as what she preferred to be called entered the room with a bag slung across her shoulder and chest.

His cold expression softened for a few seconds once he saw her stepped inside the room, looking cute with her short bob hair.

Her hardened face showed how much she hated to be in the same space as him and he knew it too well that she was more than capable to hide her feeling from everyone but he was smarter than that. He could see her little façade too well.

Being a mafia for five years had taught him a lot of things and one of it was to read people. He was an expert in that area.

“On time as always.” He said before he frowned at his man who was still standing in the room. “Leave me and Miss Bae alone, Jun.”

Jun bowed his head and was about to leave them alone before the only female in the room spoke for the first time since her arrival.

“No need.” Binnie glared at him. “I will be quick.” She rummaging her hands inside her bag.

Chanyeol frowned deepened. There were creased lines on his forehead. He didn’t like what was coming next. This wasn’t what he wanted.

Binnie took out a thick envelope and walked to him. She stopped in front of him and handed him the envelope.

“5 million won. I’m in no debt with you anymore, Park Chanyeol. Never appear in front of me anymore… or I will report you to the police.” She swore she could even her own voice shaking at the end of the sentence.

Chanyeol froze on his spot.

He wasn’t a bit scared by her threat to report him to the police but he was in disbelieve by her strong will to push him away from her life. He didn’t know she was this stubborn.

He knew he wasn’t a good man.

He beat people.

He hurt people.

He killed people.

But couldn’t she see how sincere he was to make her as his woman.

It probably his own fault that she couldn’t see it but she should give him some credit. He wasn’t good in expressing this kind of feeling.

“Take it. Isn’t this what you want?” When she saw no sign of him going to take it, Binnie took his hand and raised it up to put the envelope on his palm.

“My father’s debt is paid. You get your money so leave me alone.” With that warning with their eyes meeting together, Binnie spun her body and walked out from the room.

She hoped he would never appear in front of her again.

Even though it will hurt her too.

Inside the room, Chanyeol eyed the door.

Tension was thick in the air and Jun tried to figure what will his leader did next. He knew Chanyeol too well. He didn’t like losing.

After it felt like an hour of continuous torture, Chanyeol finally opened his mouth.

“Find where she ing got this money.” He hissed.

Jun nodded and left the room as quickly as wind.

Chanyeol clenched his fingers around the envelope until his veins popped out.

He smashed the envelope on the floor.

“Bae Yubin, you ing stubborn.” He hissed under his breath.

---

Binnie tied the plastic of the garbage before held it up to bring it outside.

“Jiho-ah, take care of the counter for me. I need to take the garbage outside.” She requested to the girl inside the convenience store who was also working with her.

Jiho smiled and nodded her head.

Binnie brought the garbage out. It was hard for her small body to hold the heavy garbage to the back of the store. Sometime she wondered why the owner didn’t hire a male worker to help with heavy workloads.

She sighed.

She knew the answer too well.

The owner is a ert.

If she had a choice, she had already resigned from working at the convenience store but she had debt to pay or she had to sacrifice herself to work as a e.

Struggling, she tried to hold the garbage higher to throw it inside the waste container but failed miserably. The garbage was too heavy and the waste container was taller than her.

Inhaling a deep breath, she tried to hold it up again but only stumbled to the side when someone suddenly snatched the garbage from her hands and easily threw it inside the waste container without much effort.

She looked at the newcomer with a deep frown appearing on her face.

Chanyeol looked at her with the same intensity in his eyes.

Binnie rolled her eyes and decided to ignore him and walked away but Chanyeol didn’t let her. He blocked her path by standing closely in front of her.

She had to tilt her head upward to glare at him. “Seriously Park Chanyeol? Which part from ‘never appear in front of me again’ you don’t understand? Go away.” She called his full name despite Chanyeol being five years older than her who will be twenty-one on the upcoming September.

She used to call him oppa but not anymore.

Not after she knew his true identity as the leader of a mafia gang.

Since then, she had lost her respect to him. She hated bad people especially someone from a gang. His father died two years ago, cruelly murdered by a loan shark. No matter how bad his father was, she still couldn’t accept his death.

According from Chanyeol, her father had made a lot of loan from different gangs including from Chanyeol’s gang and he also mentioned that he wasn’t the one who got her father killed.

She believed him.

She always did but that didn’t rid the thought of him as the bad guy who not only hurt people but also to the point where people was murdered because of him. She didn’t want to be with someone like him.

It surprised her at first to know that someone who she knew almost two years ago, a few months after her father was murdered was actually not someone who she thought he was. Yes, he treated her coldly at first but their relationship bloomed by time and they fall in love with each other.

It was an unfamiliar situation for Chanyeol who never had serious relationship with any girl before except from having with random girls.

He was supposed to hurt her on their first meeting at the bar where she worked as a part-time server but there was something about her that made him stopped.

He thought he will regret his decision of sparing her life on the night she was supposed to be dead in his hands but it proved him wrong.

It was the best decision in his life.

A week ago, she overheard Chanyeol’s conversation with his friends who he introduced to her before as his business partners. They were talking about when he wanted to tell the truth to her but before he could do it, she already heard everything.

She got mad and wanted to end everything but he threatened her about his father’s debt that he had to pay in order to keep her safe after her father’s death. He threatened her to stay with him as the amount she had to pay at him.

But clearly she didn’t listen.

Binnie tried to leave again but Chanyeol kept blocking her, frustrating her to death.

She had lost his patience. Hardly, she shoved his chest but unfortunately, he didn’t budge. That showed how strong he was and how weak she was a person.

She kept pushing him, hitting his chest in between but he still froze on his spot.

Chanyeol held both of her wrists and pinned her against the wall.

“Let me go! I will call the police! Let me go, Park Chanyeol!”

“ you, Binnie. What the are you thinking loaning money from the loan shark just to settle your debt to me?!” Chanyeol finally lost his temper.

Her wrists were hurt by the strong grip from the man in front of her but she didn’t want to show any sign of pain and be weak in front of him. That was the last thing she wanted him to see.

“Then should I sell my body to pay back your money?” She hissed. “I rather worked for the loan shark, selling my body than letting myself be your puppet.” Binnie added.

For a second, she could trace sadness in his big eyes.

Chanyeol frowned. “Puppet? My puppet? That was what you were thinking? That I want my money because I want you to be my ing puppet? I did all of this because I ing love you. I don’t want you to ing leave me!”

“Love?” She scoffed. “You MURDERED my father. What make you think that I want to be with the person who murdered my father?” Her expression was like she was ready to spat on his face but he knew it too well it was all acting.

“I DON’T KILL YOUR FATHER! DAMN IT! HOW MANY TIMES YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU?!” Chanyeol let her wrists off and punched the concrete wall next to her. It injured his hand terribly. Blood dripping down from his finger but instead of feeling pain there, he felt his heart hurting more.

She was too surprised to say anything. Her eyes bulge opened and her jaw dropped by his sudden rage.

Realizing that he had scared her, Chanyeol rested his palms against the wall in between her head and lowered his head in front of hers. His hot and une

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter