Final

Barbeque....might be a bad idea

Hi, thanks for checking this out. This is the first time I am writing a story about Twice, I hope you will like it ^^

Full Fluff ahead since I at writing angst.

Enjoy!!!

 

----------------------------------

 

“Guys, gather up! The barbeque is about to start!” Chiron’s voice boomed through the entire half-blood camp.

The half-bloods ran in from their cabins and stood according to their own cabins, all except a certain black-haired girl who walked slowly from her own cabin alone.

“Yah Chou Tzuyu, we don’t have time for your fashion show, walk faster, we are hungry!” The kids from cabin 5 hollered, especially Im Nayeon, who was always known for trying to pick a fight the most out of all of them.

Tzuyu glared at her, wanting to retaliate. However, looking over to the girl who stood alone from cabin 1, she shut , wanting to impress the girl. Self control was very hard for her especially when she knew she had the powers of destroying that girl from cabin 5. She sighed and walked slowly to the space where her half-brother, Nico, stood. She stood there quietly as Chiron made his way to the center of all of them.

“Tonight marks the ending of this year and the starting of a new year, whereby peace will continue and quests will be completed safely. As a form of celebration, we will be having a barbeque party!” The whole camp cheered with the informations. “And to start off the party, we would have the person who lead the only quest this year to give an encouragement to the whole camp. Jihyo, please.” Chiron stood back as he waved for the girl from cabin 1 to join him.

Jihyo walked up shyly and stood in front of the whole camp. “Well, firstly, I would like to thank Chiron as well as my father, Zeus, who was able to give me this quest so as to test out my own abilities. I would also like to thank Mina and Dahyun who went with me and helped me throughout the quest. I hope more people would get a chance to go on quests next year and for now, let’s enjoy the party!” Jihyo smiled and walked back to her previous spot.

The daughter of Hades blushed when Jihyo walked past her with a smile. Nico pushed her shoulders and gave a teasing smile to his half-sister, “I never knew you were interested in Jihyo, how about you ask her for a dance later?” He raised his eyebrows playfully.

Tzuyu blushed even more and punched Nico’s shoulder, “Mind your own business.”

“Now, divide yourselves into groups of 9, we need to prepare for the barbeque first.” The whole camp gave disapproving sighs and whines at Chiron’s words.

“I thought we were only here to eat, not to prepare the food.” A few of the boys whined.

“Oh shush, you can eat but you can’t prepare? What kind of logic is that? No logic. So get into your groups! And no one from the same cabin is to be in the same group! We need you guys to work on the camp teamwork! I will go prepare the music folder for the dance after the barbeque later, no slacking!”

 

And as such, the campers separated themselves into a many groups, with some groups having to pick woods for the fire to some group having to prepare the ingredients.

 

“Erm, so Hi, I am Jihyo, daughter of Zeus, why not we start by introducing ourselves first?” Jihyo let out a warm smile at her team.

“Sure, I am Momo, daughter of Hermes.” The blonde grinned and introduced herself.

“I am Nayeon, daughter of Ares.” The girl flipped her hair confidently as the girl next to her started talking.

“My name is Jeongyeon and I am the daughter of Poseidon.”

“I am Mina, I am the daughter of Athena.”

‘Of course the calm and poised girl would be the daughter of the goddess of Wisdom.’ Momo thought as she watch Mina smiled gently. She felt her heart getting stolen, ‘No wait, i am the one who is supposed to steal, just who is this girl?’ She thought again, feeling her heart racing as she made a promise to herself to get to know this girl more.

“Hi everyone, I am Sana, daughter of Aphrodite, I hope we will be good friends!” Sana waved to all of them and winked. A few of them blushed at the action and kept their head low.

“Well Hi Sana, my name is Dahyun, daughter of Apollo, and as I see you, a new piece of music has been created in my mind, please accept this.” Dahyun said as she snapped her fingers, causing a few notes to fly out of her wrist. A romantic melody then danced through the wind and the song ended with Dahyun giving a peck on Sana’s hand, making her blush.

“Ehem.” The next in line gave a fake cough, “sorry to interrupt you but it’s my turn to introduce myself, I am Chaeyoung, daughter of Hephaestus.” The girl smile widely as she introduced herself.

“Lastly, I am Tzuyu, daughter of Hades. Let’s start to prepare the ingredients.” Tzuyu spoke coldly.

Jihyo chuckled awkwardly at Tzuyu’s directness as she agreed, “Why not we split into pairs? I think it will be easier to prepare this way.”

“I want to partner Sana then!” Dahyun said as she held Sana’s hand and carried the basket of cabbage to wash.

“I want to partner Mina.” Momo and Chaeyoung spoke at the same time. They then glared at each other. “I said I want to partner Mina.” They said the same thing again.

Furious, Chaeyoung shot a small knife that she had just made towards Momo, in which Momo jumped away thanks to her fast reflexes. “Heh, too slow for me!” Momo merong-ed at Chaeyoung before Chaeyoung raised her hands again, wanting to shoot another knife at Momo, when Mina stood in-between the two.

“Technically, we can all be in the same team, there are nine of us and if we are being split up into twos, one person will be left out and will have to join a pair anyways. We can just be the group with three then. Let’s go, bring the potatoes and carrots with us.” Mina said with an authoritative tone while walking in front of the two who were glaring at each other while holding a basket each.

“Would you like to go with me to prepare the water for boiling the sauce?” Jeongyeon asked politely as she asked for Nayeon’s permission. Nayeon nodded her head as she would love to see how the daughter of the God of the sea, control the water.

 

That leaves Tzuyu alone with Jihyo. “Le..Let’s go and wash the rice then?” Jihyo smiled awkwardly at Tzuyu.

Tzuyu nodded and picked up the pot before Jihyo could, “It’s heavy, you might hurt your back.” With that, Tzuyu walked towards the river with Jihyo trailing behind her, wondering why the daughter of Hades was so kind all of a sudden.

The route to the river was the longest route that Jihyo had ever experienced. Tzuyu was always so quiet in camp that Jihyo had not had the chance to speak to her before.

“So Tzuyu, where are you from?” Jihyo wanted to at least make the girl open up a bit more while they work together.

“Taiwan.”

Just as Jihyo had expected, the girl gave her a short answer. Jihyo sighed silently as she gave up, knowing the girl would not open up that easily.

“What about you?” Tzuyu started the conversation for the first time and Jihyo got startled. “ Oh I am from Korea.” Jihyo was actually glad that Tzuyu is trying to make friends with her as well.

“I am actually quite curious, what does your cabin look like?” Tzuyu asked another question, this time making eye contact with Jihyo.

“Well, my cabin is mostly white, and has gold decorations of lighting bolts on the walls. The ceiling is like a cloudy sky with bolts again. But it's mostly empty since they didn't expect me at all. What about your cabin?” Jihyo asked with her eyes sparkling. She hasn't seen the Hades Cabin before and she is super curious as to what's inside.

“It's almost like it's the opposite from yours. We have skull hanging down the doorway, the room has no windows at all, it's mainly dark. Although we do have beds but they are coffins. It seems like they think we are vampires instead of demigod.” Tzuyu said and chuckled.

Jihyo smile at Tzuyu’s attempt to make the atmosphere lighter.

“Why is it that you are so cold when you are with groups, but when you are with just two people, you are much more happy?” Jihyo asked curiously.

‘Because I like you ever since I saw you and I want to make a good impression.’ Is what Tzuyu would like to say. However what went through was just, “I work better with small amount of people.”

“Ohh..” Jihyo nodded as she understood what Tzuyu meant.

“Bu-But I really enjoy working together with you.” Tzuyu said as she look down.

Jihyo smiled shyly she looked at the shy girl beside her. Maybe the daughter of Hades wasn't so bad after all.

“Come on, we are here already!” Jihyo exclaimed as she pulled Tzuyu’s arm and made her way towards the river.

“Arraseoyo.” Tzuyu’s dimpled smile stayed on her face the whole time Jihyo pulled her towards the river.

The two of them washed the rice quickly and both agreed to rest for a while before heading back, knowing the rest will take their own sweet time.

“Say Tzuyu, how come I’ve never seen you at trainings before?” Jihyo asked curiously.

“Nobody wants to train with me, everybody thinks I would just cheat by using the skeletons. I mean that’s my power too but everybody else seems to think that it is unfair that I have extra hands.”

“Then it is their loss, they don’t get to train with a powerful demigod. The fact that you can already control your powers so well and win the others means that you are pretty much quite powerful already. Don’t let them discourage you, come to training next time, I will train with you.” Jihyo smiled and hugged Tzuyu.

Feeling confident from Jihyo’s words, Tzuyu finally mustered up her courage. “Wo-Would you like to be my part-partner for the dan-dance tonight?”

Jihyo laughed at Tzuyu’s cute attempt in asking her out. “I would love to be your partner tonight Tzuyu-ah.”


 

With Saida…

“So, Sana chan, how is it like being a goddess?” Dahyun asked as she starts washing the cabbage.

Sana smacked Dahyun's shoulder while blushing, “What goddess?! That's my mother! I am only her daughter..”

Dahyun shrugged her shoulder as she replied, “Well, you certainly are a goddess in my eye.” And with that, Dahyun gave a wink to Sana making Sana smack her shoulder once again shyly.

“And since when the offsprings of Apollo were such flirts?” Sana shot back. “Since one of them met you.” Dahyun replied smoothly.

Sana was flustered. Usually, it would be her flirting with others and making others speechless but now, this was the first time she felt speechless after flirting. Kim Dahyun was really something.

“What about we meet by the beach tonight? I just thought of something that I would like to give you.” Dahyun grinned at Sana.

“What is it?” “Something that I treasure a lot, it is in my cabin now, I will give it to you tonight!”

Sana frowned. “Why would you give me something you treasure so much?” “I have already said many times, I like you Minatozaki Sana. Ever since I stepped foot into camp half-blood.” Dahyun looked into Sana’s eyes as she said that.

Sana blushed. “Well, Kim Dahyun, I can’t lie and say that I am not interested in you.” Dahyun laughed loudly. “Then can I safely say that you will be my partner for the dance tonight?” Dahyun stretch out her hand for Sana.

“Of course you can.” Sana then held Dahyun’s hand. “Great! Then when are we meeting parents?”

Sana then laughed and slapped Dahyun’s shoulder again, “Don’t you think that’s too fast!”


 

With MiMoChaeng…

“I told you to keep quiet! I am talking to Mitang here!” Momo pushed Chaeyoung who fell backwards while squatting.

“Aish, I am also talking to Mina Unnie here right!” Chaeyoung pushed Momo back.

“Don't make me send a message your father about the art supplies that you secretly took from my cabin yesterday.” Momo threatened.

“Fine.” Chaeyoung finally accepted defeat and slumped on the floor. It was her own fault for taking the supplies without any of the Hermes kids knowing.

Mina just looked at the two who wants her attention. “Why do you both want to talk to me so much? Back at home, people always ignore me and bully me, why do you guys not do that?” Mina asked confused.

“What did you say?!” The other two demigods shouted in unison as they turned towards Mina.

“Wh-what did I say?” Mina stuttered.

“You mentioned something about bullying.” Chaeyoung said coldly.

“O-Oh, I was bullied in school since young, before I came here.” Mina explained.

“Momo unnie..” Chaeyoung looked at Momo who seemed to understand what she wanted to say.

“Mitang, do you mind if we follow you back home next break?” Momo asked with aegyo. Mina looked at her, confused again. “Why?”

“Oh nothing, we just wanted to go sightseeing a little bit and maybe see how your hometown look like, right Momo unnie?” “Yes, that's right.” Momo and Chaeyoung nodded to each other.

“I mean I don't mind, I would be more than happy to show you guys around!” Mina said excitedly.

“Yay!” Momo and Chaeyoung cheered. However in their mind, they both knew that they are definitely not going there for sightseeing. And they know that they will definitely get along well during the trip too.

“Anyways, Mitang, would you like to be my partner for the dance tonight?” Momo asked as she diverted her attention to Mina.

“No! She’s supposed to be my partner!”

“Mine!”

“You’ve already been talking to her for a very long time, so it is my turn to get to know her!”

Before Mina knows it, the two goes back to being cats and dogs, bickering non-stop as to who gets to dance with Mina.

Mina sighed as she look at the both of them, “How about we all dance together?” She let out a bright smile.

“But I don’t want to dance with her!” They said at the same time and pointed at each other.

“Well it is either we all dance together or I will wait for someone else to ask me then.” Mina said as she folded her arms. She can’t stand hearing both of her friends fight. Momo and Chaeyoung then surrendered as they chose the first option.

“Good, now let’s get back to washing the vegetables!” Mina smiled and clapped her hands.

Momo and Chaeyoung smiled at the cute sight.

However, the peace didn’t last for long as they started bickering again to see who gets to sit beside Mina during the barbeque. Mina just facepalmed silently as she accepted her fate of being the topic of argument between those two. Even her wisdom can’t help her this time.


 

With 2yeon…

The two of them walked in silence towards the well.

“Is it fun being a daughter of the big 3?” Nayeon said to ease out the awkwardness. She had expected Jeongyeon to be a quiet person but she didn’t expect her to be that quiet.

“It’s not that bad, I mean, we don’t really get any extra power, so yeah, however you are feeling is how I am feeling.” Jeongyeon shrugged. It was not that she wasn’t interested in talking to the older girl, it is just that she doesn’t really know what to say to the older girl. The older girl was one of the prettiest girl in Camp Half-Blood, how could she be talking to her?

“Yah Yoo Jeongyeon, do you hate me or something?” Nayeon asked as she stopped her steps and turned to Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon widen her eyes in surprise, “N...No! What makes you think so? In fact I like you! You are always so bright and outgoing, pretty even. Why would you talk to a nobody like me?”

Nayeon then let out her cheeky smile. “I knew you liked me! Alright I shall give you a chance. At the dance tonight I shall allow you to dance with me! Don’t have to be shy, I will accept the offer when you ask me. We can dance the night away alright?” Nayeon winked and flipped her hair, walking infront of Jeongyeon confidently, leaving Jeongyeon flabbergasted. ‘How thick skin was that woman?’ She thought.

“Yah Yoo Jeongyeon, hurry up! I want to see you control the water!” Nayeon shouted from a distance.

Jeongyeon sighed as she walk towards Nayeon. “You do know that I can bring the water to us right? We don’t have to be near the water.” Jeongyeon said as she started using her powers to make the water float to their pot.

“Why do you have to point that out? Do you want to make me feel stupid?” Nayeon said angrily and slapped Jeongyeon’s shoulder. Jeongyeon sighed and thought, ‘I almost forgot that she was the daughter of Ares. Mental note to self: Don’t get into any argument with Nayeon.’ She just continued to do her magic as Nayeon continued nagged at the side.

Jeongyeon finally finished her job and has an idea as she looked at Nayeon who was still nagging. She slowly raised the water from the well before suddenly pouring it on Nayeon. Jeongyeon laughed loudly at the wet Nayeon who looked like she could kill. “You are dead Yoo Jeongyeon!” Nayeon shouted as she went to the well to start to drawing up a pail of water as Jeongyeon used her powers again to splash some water on Nayeon.

“Stop it!” Nayeon shouted as she struggled to pull up the bucket of water, making Jeongyeon laugh even more. Nayeon finally got her first bucket and dumped the whole thing on Jeongyeon. She then laughed at Jeongyeon’s state as she drew her second bucket of water. The two of them continue to splash water at each other while laughing loudly.

 

At Camp Half-Blood’s barbeque area…

Chiron started to headcount the number of groups that are back and noticed that one of the group was not back yet. And to make things worse, it was the food group. The other campers started to become rowdy as they were hungry and were eager to start the barbeque. Chiron silence the campers as he went to find them.

He galloped his way to the river quickly. He then saw JiTzu talking while laying down on the grass patch near the river, Saida laughing and flirting with each other at the other side of the river, MiMoChaeng at the base of the river with Mina watching MoChaeng bicker. Chiron then turn to the other side when he got splashed by a blast of water. He then opened his eyes to see 2yeon looking guilty as they stood near the well, drenched.

Chiron took a deep breath before shouting, “I told you all to come and prepare the ingredients! Not to flirt, have fun and find a life partner! Now hurry your asses up to the main area! Everyone is waiting for your group!”

All nine of them jumped up at the strong voice before quickly gathering up the baskets of ingredients and water and ran towards the main area.

Chiron sighed as he dried himself with the nearest towel he sees, not bothering if it’s dirty or not.

“Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. Barbeque is DEFINITELY not a good idea for those kids. All of you gods up there, you owe me one for taking care of your daughters.” Chiron shook his head as he hears the sky thunder in agreement.

 

----------------------------------

Thank you for reading till the end, hope you had some laughs while reading

Please do leave a comment and an upvote if you enjoyed this story ^^ BYE BYE