Final.

Warm Winter Night

​​​​​​Donghyuck snuggled into his blanket, trying to fall asleep through the cold.He glanced at his phone,

2:00 a.m.

The boy sighed.He's been shivering and freezing in his bed for the past half an hour.Even his thick blankets weren't enough to block out the cold.

 

'​​​​​​'I can't sleep like this​​​', Donghyuck thought.He slowly got out of bed and got out of the room to seek for warmth.He had one destination in mind.

 

Just as he opened the door, he saw a familiar figure entering the bathroom across the hallway.The figure doesn't seem to notice him as the bathroom close with a soft click. Donghyuck took this chance to continue towards his destination.

Evenin his sleepy state,he was able to locate where he's going.This is the result of his very frequent visit to this certain part of the dorm.He's been there so many times that he memorized by heart the amount of steps it took for him to get there from his own room. 25 steps.

 

​​​​​After counting those 25 steps,his feet naturally stopped in front of a door that leads to another room.

 

Mark's room.

 

~~~~

Mark was going back to his room after finishing his errands in the bathroom.He was dead tired.Today's schedule was completely packed and from what he heard from the manager, tomorrow would be the same.He stopped in front of his room when he realised the door was slightly open.And to no surprise,a certain boy named Lee Donghyuck had settled himself on the older's bed.His chest rising and falling in a calm motion,sound asleep.

 

'This is the third time this week',Mark thought.Not that he was annoyed by the younger's frequent visits.Ever since that time Donghyuck discovered that Mark's warm bed produced by the older's body heat was pretty comfy,he made a night routine to sleep in Mark's bed whenever he felt cold.The older should be annoyed that his space kept getting stolen but honestly, he's not.Instead,he feels warmth crept up to his chest at the thought that Donghyuck seeks comfort in only him.

 

Besides, the younger looks cute wrapped in the blankets that Mark doesn't have the heart to wake him. (But Donghyuck doesn't need to know that).

 

He slowly made his way back into bed and was getting back to sleep when the boy beside him stirred awake by the new weight on the bed.Mark watched the way the younger rubbed his eyes sleepily. Cute, Mark thought.

 

"Cold again?",Mark .

 

"Not my fault you're bed's warmer than mine", the younger replied, sleepily.

 

"Why don't you get the heater fixed or something?"

 

Donghyuck shrugged,"I just like sleeping here. It's better."

 

He let out a yawn as his eyes fluttered close.Then he scooted closer to Mark's body."G'night",he mumbled before nuzzling into the older's chest. The latter felt a fuzzy feeling through his whole body as he chuckled fondly at Donghyuck's cute antics.Mark wrapped his arms around the younger's waist,pulling him closer until they both could feel each other's warmth with synchronised heartbeats.

 

"Good night, Donghyuck".