1- still the one

Still The One

Reaching their apartment is hard when you have your hands occupied with some things and even harder when you have someone drunk on your back but Kyungsoo is determine, ing determine to get it done. Apparently the ball of sunshine on his back is his wife, his happiness who comes in the form of 163 cm girl with unkempt hair, uneven bangs, and unrivaled smile, named Do Jihyun. 


Koala, that's what Kyungsoo thought. Jihyun is like a koala right now, latching on his back so tight like a koala on a tree-- so tight like she wouldn't want to let go of him.A drunk mess. Kyungsoo shakes his head fondly. Cute. She's cute and he's at the peak of whipped culture at the moment, 100% positive. 

The thing is that it's almost 3 in the morning and they're in the middle of the corridor of their apartment's floor. It isn't the best place to have a drunk Jihyun considering the loud whines coming from her-- something about that they should have not gone home early and that she can take more alcohol, and she's not drunk, maybe a little but not that drunk as Kyungsoo is imposing her to be.

 It's been a long time since they went out with their friends. This is probably because everyone is busy nowadays with their respective works and it's also the same for him and Jihyun. With the amount of projects he have right now because of the name he made in the infrastracture industry and with the numbers of the event Jihyun needs to organize, they barely have time for each other. 

They continued their journey to their apartment. Jihyun still whines and Kyungsoo might've his eardrums broken from all the noises Jihyun is creating and Kyungsoo could only hope that their neighbors won't wake up at this ungodly hours from all of this. It's embarassing if that ever happens and Kyungsoo won't ever like to deal with it.

. . . . There she goes again and Kyungsoo's jaw dropped on his horror. 

"I wabyuuu Kyungsooooooooooo and if ish wuite awright i need yowwww babyy....yeahhhhh!!!! Can't take my eyes out of youuuuuuuuooooooo!" Jihyun belted out the last words so long and so loud, tightening his grip around his husband. Kyungsoo was almost annoyed saved for the fact that it's her most favorite person in the universe. 

Kyungsoo's eyes widen and his back stiffen, stopping him from his track. He felt the heat creeping up on his cheeks and his sure his ears were beet red too from his wife sudden display of affection. The younger on his back laughed afterwards as if she did not do something troublesome, as if she did not made Kyungsoo's heart melts 

Kyungsoo's favorite laugh, so hearty and warm but now isn't the time for this and they're still in the middle of the corridor. 

"Hyuneee, stop. Keep it down, please." Kyungsoo scolded him. Just few more steps to their apartment and everything will be okay, he will tuck Jihyun in to their bed, he will wrap his hands over his cute wife, and they will sleep soundly. Sounds like a plan. 

Let's just say, Jihyun didn't take it very well and started trashing her arms and legs violently, whining louder than ever and throwing a tantrums like a kid that spilt their milk. Kyungsoo sighs in distress. 

"Why will I stop? I knew it, you don't love me anymore but why???" Jihyun cried out dramatically. Kyungsoo panicked and can't think of anything to do to keep Jihyun quiet. He should have known better to let Jihyun chugged the whole suju bottle. 

So close, they're so close to their apartment and Kyungsoo walked fastly. The sooner he gets to their apartment the better. 

"It's not that--

"It's not that??? Huh?? I'm always wronggg. Is that why you don't love me? But i love you!!! Say you love me, nowwwww......right now!" Jihyun continued to be stubborn just like that and Kyungsoo felt her pout against the back of his neck. ing adorable. 

"We're almost there, just a bit more" He said,  purposely ignoring what Jihyun wanted him to do. He decided to and , a moment ago he wanted this done but now he'll drag it for a little, taking advantage of this rare moment. 

"So you don't love me??? Fineeeeee. Let's break up and get divowce but I dn't want divowce I want youuuu" Jihyun fake sniffed and Kyungsoo decided that Jihyun is the most adorable thing ever to exist. His heart swelled with so much joy that he's with her and the fact that no one will ever have someone as lovely, wonderful, and beautiful as her wife because Jihyun is all to him and it's the same to him, his all to Jihyun. It's been 7 years since they first met, married for two years of it and Kyungsoo's heart still skip a beat. 

Much to his amusement and joy, Jihyun started kicking again and throwing his arms causing him to stumble, taking Jihyun with him on the floor. He grunted when his front hit the floor. Good thing, Jihyun landed on him, on his back, and avoided any injure.

Great. Just great. Now they're both splayed on the floor, a bundle of mess and things thrown scattered on the floor. Bad idea, he should have not drag the whole thing out and should have went staight to their apartment. Jihyun rolled away from his husband and Kyungsoo finally have his back against the cold floor, one arm on his stomach and one arm splayed across the floor. 

Jihyun had her back turned towards Kyungsoo, and he supposed that she's still on it. He pulled her closer from her waist and Jihyun squeled from the sudden action. She tried to get out of Kyungsoo's hold, wriggling but it's useless anyway. He made her face him and cupped her face. Jihyun removed it, pouted her lips and stomped her feet in the air. Stubborn. Cute. Kyungsoo laughed at her wife's behavior. Drunk Jihyun is truly a sight to witness.

"I love you. You know I love you more than anything." Kyungsoo said fondly and sincerely, his hands making it's way again on Jihyun face. 

"Yeah?" Jihyun sounded like a kid, asking for a reassurance from her parents. 

"Yeah." And Kyungsoo didn't hesitate to kiss Jihyun's pout away, the sweetest, always the sweetest. His entirety is full of Jihyun, her smile, her laugh, the way she talks animatedly, the way she sees things differently, and the way she loves him the way anybody can't. 

"I love you too." Jihyun shyly said, as if she's not being too loud about it minutes ago. It's moment like this he feel extra thankful. God, he's cheesy as but he couldn't bring himself to care. 

"Cheesyyyyy hehehhehe." Jihyun mumbled and laughed. He laughed too because his heart is full.

He almost forgot that they're still on the corridor and not inside their apartment. The floor is cold and Jihyun might catch a cold. He abruptly stood up, brushing the dirt off his clothing, and reached out for his wife hands. 

"Let's go, now. Let's go to our home, now." He smiled, looking down on Jihyun who is even more beautiful right now under the faint lightning of the corridor. 

"Our home." Jihyun giggled and took his hand.

He carried her again and this time, it's bridal style. He kicked their things on their way inside the apartment since it's just a few steps away. 

They finally got to their place and only God knows how did he manage to unlocked the door.  He headed straight in their bedroom, laying Jihyun who is now asleep, gently on their bed. God did really sent one of his angels to live with Kyungsoo and make things more meaningful to him. 

He removed Jihyun's shoes, replaced her clothes with a more comfortable one, and wrapped her with blanket to keep her warm. Once everything is done, Kyungsoo joined his wife on their bed, hugging her from behind and kissing the top of her head too many times, Kyungsoo lost count. Jihyun turned around and burried his face on Kyungsoo's chest, everything is warm and everything is what he feels every moment with Jihyun. 

"I love you. I love you. I love you." he chanted because he just needed to let it all out. 

Kyungsoo fell asleep on the reminiscent of Jihyun, walking down the aisle with her parents and him at the end of the altar, trying too hard not to cry but failing big time. God, it was the most beautiful moment and he felt the luckiest guy the moment Jihyun said "I do". 

--------

At the center of Kyungsoo's universe, there is Jihyun and will always be. The future is uncertain and Kyungsoo doesn't have any idea where will it take them but one thing is for sure, Kyungsoo will fight his way through every struggle and challenges that life present them. Kyungsoo will hold on to Jihyun no matter what because it is what it is and he's inlove.

And 50 years from now, it will still be Jihyun on her side, it will still be Jihyun's face he'll wake up to, and it will still be Jihyun's voice he'll first hear in the morning. Jihyun will still be the one.