November 9, 2018

Happy Birthday Momo

The girls were already at their dorm after their taping from Music Bank. From time to time, each of them posted their pictures and greetings for Momo on Twicetagram since it was Nov. 9. Momo's birthday. 

They were still celebrating. A large amount of food and drinks were placed at the table. Everyone seemed to have their own business. 

Nayeon was on the sofa along with Jihyo. Momo was seated in between the girls. They were trying to figure out if they should post more selcas on Instagram as a thank you gift for the never ending support of the Onces. 

Dahyun was dancing and goofing of which gained everyone's attention on her. The girls were laughing at her silly but cool dance moves. 

Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, Sana and Mina were still by the dining table. They just finished eating. Jeongyeon asked for Mina's help by giving her a hand to wash the dishes. 

Mina agrees with a nod. They took the plates and bowls, then carefully placed it by the sink. Jeongyeon took out washing gloves for the both of them from over hang cabinet. 

As Jeongyeon finished wearing the gloves, she asked Mina a question. 

"So, are you still planning to post something for her?" Jeongyeon began to open the faucet and took a plate as she rinsed some of the left overs on it. 

Mina had just finished putting on her gloves and looked at Jeongyeon. She was about to give her response to the girl, agape, but closed it immediately as she took one of the bowls to rinse out the sauce from the meal they had earlier. 

"I wanted to, but.." Mina took the sponge and started to clean the bowl on her hand. Her hand moved in circles from clockwise to counter clockwise. 

"But?" Jeongyeon was on her 3rd plate already and was rinsing away the soap on it.

"I think Momo won't like it." Jeongyeon placed the plate by the drying rack to her right after she washed it. 

"Mina, you know how Momo is. She'd appreciate anything that we do for her, even if you give her a small cute keychain, she'll love it and gladly accept it with all her heart." She looked at Mina with a soft smile on her face. 

Mina gave Jeongyeon the bowl that she washed and placed it at the drying rack. Mina looked to her left to see how Momo was smiling and laughing with the others. She smiled seeing that the girl was happy and enjoying her day. 

What Jeongyeon said was true.

Mina and Momo had known each other since their trainee days. Momo was sweet, kind and understanding. Though sometimes she can be goofy and a little clumsy, the girl had a big heart. 

"I know what you mean Jeongyeon." She looked back to her and gave her a smile. 

"It's still up to you Mina. No pressure." Jeongyeon smiled back. Mina finished washing the left plates and handed it over to Jeongyeon. The plates and bowls were now on the rack. They took of the gloves and washed their hands afterwards. 

Jeongyeon joined Nayeon, Jihyo and Momo on the sofa. They were laughing at a video taken by Nayeon. Momo was sleeping and had funny filter on it. Jeongyeon was crying while laughing and Momo was pouting at the girl.

Mina dried her hands at the towel by the refrigerator. A gummy smile appeared on her face as she saw how they kept teasing Momo. 

When Momo saw that Mina was looking, she asked for Mina's help. 

"Mitaaang, they're teasing me again." Momo whined and still had a pout on her face. Jeongyeon couldn't stop laughing. "I swear, you totally look funny in that." 

Momo was now on her rage mode. "Yaaah!  Jeongyeon!" The girls still laughed. 

"Alright, I think it doesn't look that bad. Let me see." Nayeon gave her phone to Mina and she ended up giggling as she saw the video. 

"You're laughing at me too!" Momo pouted as she saw Mina laughing along with the girls. "You look cute there actually." Mina smiled at Momo as she handed it back to Nayeon. A faint color of red appeared on Momo's cheeks. 

"Eeh? I look ugly there" Mina laughed at what Momo said. She cupped the older girl's cheek and said "Trust me Momo, I meant what I said." 

"Fiiiiine." Momo replied with an "okay" expression on her face. The girl kept it cool despite the faint blush on her cheeks. 

Momo decided to open their Instagram account on her phone. She checked to see which among the girls haven't posted pictures for her birthday. 

"There's still some of you who hasn't posted on Instagram" Momo teased the girls, trying to make them guilty for those who haven't posted yet. 

"Momo-unnie, since I don't usually post that much, here.." Tzuyu took out a box from behind her back. "...my birthday gift to you" 

"Eeh?" Momo smiled which made Tzuyu smiled as she saw the older girl looking at her gift with such glee. "Tzuyu, this is too much. But thank you" Momo held her gift on one hand and hugged Tzuyu.

"You're welcome unnie." Tzuyu was eyeing Momo, slowly opening the box. Momo's eyes grew big as she saw what was inside. It was a new phonecase, but it wasn't your ordinary phone case. It was a limited-edition Barbie phone case. 

Momo let out a squeal which pretty much sounded like a kid who get her wish for Christmas. Everyone was laughing and enjoying how Momo looked. Momo got teary eyed, she couldn't contain the happiness that she felt.

She hugged the phone case for dear life.

Now that it was already getting late, Jihyo told everyone to head to their beds for they had a schedule tomorrow and that they had to wake up early. 

Before everyone went to their respective rooms, they all gave Momo one last birthday kiss as they bid goodnight to Momo. As they finished, each and everyone headed to their rooms. Mina was the last one to stay with Momo. 

"Momoring, about the post for your birthday on Instagram, I'm sorry -" Momo gave Mina a warm smile. "Hey, don't worry. I was just teasing you guys, I'm not obligating everyone of you to post something." 

Momo patted Mina's head, the younger girl was looking down trying to hide the redness of her cheeks from Momo. 

"I was supposed to post one, but I think my message was too simple." Mina told Momo, still looking down. Momo lifted her chin up to face her.

"Mina, look at me. Even a simple greeting from you is enough for me. A simple message is fine, what matters is that what you do comes from the heart." Momo smiled at Mina, trying to reassure the girl.

Momo opened her arms wide and Mina gave her a hug. It was these small little things that made Mina's heart skip a beat. No matter how many times they hug each other, she'll never get over the fact that Momo's hug is one of the best things in the whole world. 

 

As they retracted from the hug, Mina told Momo about her gift. "Momo, before I forget I have a gift for you." 

"Eeh? Are you serious, Mina you didn't have to." Momo chuckled upon hearing what Mina said. "Close your eyes." Momo obeyed. Her eyes were closed, she was waiting for Mina. 

Momo felt two hands cupping her cheeks, Mina's face inches away from hers. She greeted the girl one last Happy birthday. 

"Happy Birthday Momoring, I love you." Momo felt a pair of warm lips on hers. She grabbed Mina by the waist and pulled her more to wrap her arms around it. 

Mina wrapped her arms behind Momo's neck as their kisses went deep. It was that kind of kiss that was slow and sweet. 

Momo mentally made a note on her mind that indeed, this was the best birthday gift she ever received.