Un.

Suspire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Time. 

Ewha Womans University.

“Iced Americano. Four shots of espresso.” announced Minju to the boy behind the counter and to immediately gesture for the sandwiches on display, her hand now rubbing a side of her temple, feeling lightheaded from the intense amount of sunlight bursting through every open space there is.  

“And chicken caprese sandwich. Make it quick, please. I'm in dire need of some caffeine up my veins”. She mumbled, now done paying her things.

Assignments are heaping lots and she is halfway through. Finals approaching. The reading club just whipped out a new plan for their year-end activities— to conclude. College is just stressful. One more push and she swears she is up to no good. 

Trip to the Starbucks was her last hope. She figured that the deep aromatic taste of coffee would help her release the pent-up stress from within as she was head deep into her accounting and finance book, still having tons to revise before the semester ends.

Minju has always have a knack of relearning everything so she won't be forgetting all of the knowledge gained as the new one starts— unfortunately only to be making her all huddled up in a loop, studying and ostracizing herself from her classmates 24/7.

She has always been all by herself. She was homeschooled. The basics were taught. Her manners were polished, so that she can try to be prim and proper. Every bits about her were thoroughly observed. Every movement. Everything, that she does not even know what is it like to live with the thing called privacy anymore. She does not live with it. Not even a moment.  

Things only starting to look for the better when she ages into adulthood. She gained enough courage to ask her parents for freedom. 

A small peek in living the outside world would be enough! Please. 

And that moved her parents, barely.

Nonetheless, she is now able to continue her studies to higher level but still under the watchful eyes of some secret service that her father has put out. She always notice some guys, in their not so subtle black suit and tie will stand in an appropriate distance, all to protect the latter from any possible harm. 

But that is enough for Kim Minju. She only wants to live normally like other people. There, outside where she can bask in the sunlight, enjoying things like other normal adults would. 

Taking a whiff of the strong, intoxicating smell of coffee beans being roasted in the background and to smile, noticing where she is now, standing in front of the counter while overlooking the process of the staff scrambling here and there to make her favourite plain Americano— only to be shot down with a frown, realizing the reason why she is here. 

Yes, college. Ugh. 

The doses of shots always increases whenever she is stressed— coffee is her little own escapade. The caffeine has always helped her to loosen up a bit. It always does. 

Maybe I'll just burn the whole faculty down. That'll make things lots more easier. 

Thanking the staff as she gets her stuff after a while and to make her way towards the small, enough-for-one table with a sigh and to immediately flop herself down with her things, taking a light sip of her drink.

The guys behind the pillars immediately to hide properly again as Minju raised her drink up to them, as if acknowledging their obvious presence. 

No privacy. No privacy whatsoever. 

She got into this mess all because of her parents. Saying that they are preparing her up, from head to toe to make her the perfect little bride for the daughter of the Ahn family. 

All for the sake of business, huh?  

Minju shuddered out reminiscing the vivid memories of where her father break out the news to her. 

She is devastated, to say the least.

Her Prince Charming will be a woman instead. A woman younger than her. A woman that is a head taller than her. A woman that—

She does not know her feature about. Not even the slightest. Only her rough description has been told out to the latter. 

I'm going to be married with someone which her looks are unknown. What kind of absurdity is that, world? What kind is that? 

To be fair, they do not know how the others look like. Both sides being all clueless about their future spouses brings great joy to their fathers. The fathers assumed that that anticipation will only make them more excited to meet each other. 

Well. You're hundred percent wrong, father. One hundred percent wrong. 

Minju is not all about the looks. Having been in a constant watch, naturally, her dating life is out of context. So she does not mind anyone, as long as they treat her right. 

But for once, she wants to know the features of her soon-to-be wife. Would she be scary? Maybe a crooked smile up her facade? 

It is intimidating to know that she is going to get married. Go to hell with the thoughts of possibly being together with someone that have the same gender as she is but to know nothing about Ahn Yujin?

She has little to no knowledge about her. 

Well one, she knows Ahn Yujin likes cheese. Which is too much of a random fact if you ask her up.

Ahn Yujin likes her clothes with doses of softener poured generously over.

And for the third, her future spouse has a knack for being bipolar, which is, scary enough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter