Long Nights of Memory

Memories

“Are you okay? Sakura, are you okay?”

She was breathing heavily and crying when Anna found her in her own apartment.

 

“Anyaa.. Murashige”

Still can't focus, Sakura was trying to keep awake. She felt like any moment, she will faint.

 

“What's wrong? Is it that dream again? I need to call the ambulance this time Sakura. You need to see a doctor. Since you came back, you're having these episodes. If I did not drop by to check if you are okay, I don't know how long you'll be like this!”

 

Murashige Anna is Sakura's best friend. She's that one friend that Sakura trusted the most of her inner dreams and deepest darkest secrets. She knows something is bothering Sakura but for the first time, her best friend is not sharing anything to her.

 

“Tell me Sakura. I'm your best friend. What happened to you?”

 

“Anna.. please call Nako and Hitomi for me.”

 

“No. You will tell this to me once and for all. Everytime your having this episode, you are calling the two of them. Why can't you just tell me so I can help?”

 

“Please.. call Nako for me.. or Hitomi.. just please.”

Sakura is begging. It is not the kind of Sakura she grew up with. Sakura is full of pride and never begged for anything or anyone. A go getter. She never stops until she achieve her dreams. And for her to look like hopeless in her arms right now and begging to call the two person who might knew why Sakura is acting that way is something new for Anna.

 

“Fine.. I'll..”

 

Before she can say yes, Sakura's apartment door opened, revealing Nako and Hitomi.

 

“Saku chan, are you okay?”

 

“Sakura chan..”

 

Their faces are full of worries and immediately hug their favorite senpai. Anna was shocked to see the young ones, having that closeness to her best friend.

 

When she first saw the three of them coming back from their two and a half years of working in Korea, she knew they changed. The bubbly Honda Hitomi who loves strawberries and always have that cheeky smile came back with more matured expression. She still smiles though, but you can see that she is more serious now.

 

Yabuki Nako, who they treated like a baby when she left, came back as a matured woman as well. She had that poise and aura that even if she is the smallest of all, she can crush your confidence with just her gaze. She talks differently too. Even her best friend Tanaka Miku was shocked at her transformation.

 

 

And her best friend, Miyawaki Sakura, came back as if she lost her soul in Seoul and never got it back. Sakura was a quiet one even before, but the one who came back did not talk at all. She's so weak that the younger two tried to talk in behalf of her. She asked for a break from HKT48 too which is unusual. Sakura loves HKT48 and when she talked to her few months before IZ*ONE disbandment, she was happy to get back.

 

Looking at these three now made her feel like she's from another dimension. Or these kids she knew back then are not from this world. What happened for that couple of months is still a puzzle to her.

 

“How did you know?”

 

Nako looked at her eyes like she was judging her. If this is just a normal situation, she will surely not let this kid disrespect her senior. But Anna knew, she's just protecting Sakura.

 

“Can you leave us for a bit?”

 

“No, Nako. I want to know why is she like this?”

 

“I will tell you later. But can you leave us for a moment please?” Anna saw the helplessness in Nako's eyes. So instead of pushing what she wants, she just nod and leave the room. Hitomi came out after a couple of minutes.

 

“Senpai, sorry that we told you to come out. I know you are Sakura chan's best friend and you should know. So I will tell you even if Sakura chan told us not to, just to be fair with you. I know you care a lot about her.”

 

“What's going on Hitomi? You three came back differently. Your group in Korea was successful. You achieved a lot in a short period of time so we're expecting a happy trio to come back but you came back with this...”

 

“With what senpai?”

 

“You are all different. There's no happiness in your faces. You refused to work. But you three are always together. As if you are pushing everyone out. What happened Hitomi? Tell me? I need to know.”

 

Anna saw Hitomi silently cried. She hug the little girl and let her cry for a moment before Hitomi pull away from her and compose herself.

 

“I will tell you...”