No more questions

Where we stand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey, so my first ever blackpink fic. But I am really feeling Chaennie these days, and they are at this point my otp from the group. I hope this goes well, since I never really thought I would actually write one. Here goes nothing, I guess. But please enjoy.


 

Not knowing where you stand with someone is quite possibly the most awkward and uncomfortable situation to be in. Always wondering does she like me the same? Does she want me the same? Is she feeling the same exact way I feeling? All these questions and more plague Park Chaeyoung’s mind anytime she’s with Kim Jennie. She just wants to know where they stand. Is she the only one feeling these feelings? It doesn’t feel like she’s the only one feeling something.

 

Anytime it’s just the two of them and they are walking with linked arms. Chaeyoung swears she feels Jennie moving just a bit closer. She knows her heart is usually beating out of her chest whenever the beautiful brunette is within range, but is Jennie also feeling that same beating too? When they are around their friends Jennie doesn’t act any out of the ordinary. There are still the shared glances, hand holding, and moving closer. But they also don’t discuss things, not truly. Chaeyoung is always left feeling like they are a little more than friends but not officially lovers. She’s asked almost everyone for advice except the source.

 

The auburn-haired woman is hanging out with her close friend Lisa who is visiting from Thailand. They’ve been spending most of the time together and even Lisa thinks she needs to talk things out with Jennie. The blonde passes her a glass of wine as they sit on the couch in Chaeyoung’s living room.

 

“You should talk to her.” Lisa speaks. “Sitting around and wondering where you stand is not going to solve anything.”

 

“I know.” The taller woman nods. She knows that being stuck in this limbo of sorts isn’t going to help. But then she worries about what if she is wrong. What if it’s all in her head and Jennie doesn’t actually want her the same? What if she’s projecting her feelings onto the other woman and seeing what she wants to see? It would be a huge risk to their friendship if Chaeyoung pursues her and it’s not really reciprocated. Does she want to lose Jennie in anyway, no. She doesn’t but it’s only going to get worse before it gets better. Chaeyoung knows it’s going to get worse before it gets better because she spends so much time with Jennie.

 

They work practically right across the street from one another in different companies, but still close enough where they usually spend their lunch hour together. Sometimes Chaeyoung will go to her office and grab her for lunch, and then there are times where Jennie will come over to get her. Sometimes they go out to a restaurant to grab lunch where Jennie will usually something cute such as.

 

“Yeah, table for my wife and I.”

 

When Jennie does things like that it’s fun and cute. It’s harmless fun, right? But it really makes Chaeyoung feel special. She feels like the most special person to Jennie in those moments. Today the auburn-haired woman is so swamped with work that she doesn’t even notice when Jennie walks in. She completely misses the knocking at her office door. She doesn’t hear Jennie call her and she doesn’t notice hands touch her shoulder. But she does notice when Jennie whispers hotly in her ear and that makes her startled for a moment.

 

“Jennie!” She laughs and lightly hits her in the arm. The brunette laughs back and tells her she was zoning out so much that she had to do something to get her attention.

 

“I’m sorry, but there’s a lot going on right now.”

 

Jennie nods in understanding. She’s been pretty swamped with work too. Thankfully being able to see Chaeyoung helps out with that feeling of being overwhelmed. Jennie really does enjoy seeing the other woman and spending time with her. Sometimes just hearing Chaeyoung’s voice in that too die for Australian accent does things to her. It makes her feel things that she hasn’t felt with anyone else. But they’ve been in this limbo of sorts. There is no clear definition of where they stand. Jennie knows they are certainly more than friends, but they aren’t anything official.

 

“Well, you still need to eat, okay.” Jennie says gently and waits for her to finish, so that they can get going for lunch. No matter how busy work is there is always time for food.

 

“Okay, let’s go.”

 

Almost right away the auburn-haired woman feels Jennie link arms with her. Now in the beginning when first meeting the slightly older woman. Chaeyoung would have never imagined that Jennie was quite touchy feely. At first glance she has this cold look about her, but in reality that couldn't be further from the truth. Kim Jennie is really a sweetheart and can be very adorable too, whether she would like you to believe it or not. Chaeyoung knows she feels lucky that Jennie feels comfortable enough around her to display all these small physical affections. Still, there is no clear definition and Chaeyoung wonders if there will ever be. They get to the restaurant and order. The auburn-haired woman’s phone rings and she answers it because it’s Lisa.

 

“Hey, Lisa.” She answers and Jennie takes note to the smile in Chaeyoung’s voice. She has met the woman Lisa a few times while she’s visiting from Thailand. She’s nice too and Jennie thinks she’s a fun person. But it does bother her a little that Chaeyoung is spending so much time with her. They usually spend a lot more time together than this, and even though Jennie knows Lisa is really just a close friend. It does make Jennie think and if she were honest sometimes she feels a little jealous. Especially at times where Chaeyoung is already doing things with Lisa because she is visiting. Jennie has to remind herself that at this point she has no claim to the auburn-haired woman and she certainly shouldn’t be feeling jealous.

 

“Yeah.” Chaeyoung laughs in a way that brightens up her face. It’s the sort of laugh the brunette really loves to see. “I’ll see you later, okay. I’m on a lunch break.”

 

Chaeyoung apologizes to her after getting off the phone and Jennie assures it’s fine. They go back to their meals in silence when there wasn’t any before. Chaeyoung doesn’t even get to ask if something is wrong because before she knows it they both need to head back to their jobs.

 

“I’ll call you later, okay?” Jennie smiles but it’s not the same bright smile Chaeyoung is used to.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Jennie nods and tells her she’s fine. The brunette again repeats that she’ll call her later. Only later comes but there’s never any phone call. In fact, it gets very weird for a few days and no one’s calling anyone. Lisa has returned to Thailand and with that goes one of her closest friends who she can tell anything to. Chaeyoung finds herself spending more time with another close friend Park Sooyoung. Sooyoung is fun, hilarious, and always is good at cheering everyone else up. Sooyoung echos the same advice Lisa gave to her.

 

“Why don’t you just ask her?” The dark-haired woman asks her as they sit down to drinks at a bar one evening.

 

“I would, but I’m kind of nervous about it, Soo. What if it’s all in my head and she doesn’t actually like me the same?”

 

Sooyoung gets it. There is always the worry about what if? No one wants to make things awkward with a friend or possibly end up ruining a friendship if the feelings are all one sided. But it has to be better than sitting around wondering where you stand with someone.

 

“I understand, but you can’t go on like this either, Chae.”

 

“I know.”

 

It’s here Chaeyoung gets an idea. It could quite possibly be a bad idea and things can get worse. Yet, it’s all she can really think of at this moment. She hopes Sooyoung won’t mind helping her out.

 

“Hey, would you do me a favor?”

 

“What kind of favor?” Sooyoung asks hesitantly. She is always ready to help her friends, but now she’s got a bad feeling and wonders what Chaeyoung is about to ask her.

 

“Would you maybe help me see if I can make Jennie jealous? It would tell me a lot faster if she feels the same.”

 

“Umm…” The dark-haired woman stops. “Well, alright. But you know I have a wife, right?” She gestures to her wedding ring and mentions her wife Yerim, whom Chaeyoung knows too.

 

“I know, but it wouldn’t be for real. Ask Yerim for permission if you’re worried about how she’ll react.”

 

“Please!” Sooyoung laughs out loud. “I don’t have to ask her for permission. I’ll help you out, because you’re my good friend.”

 

“Are you sure?” Chaeyoung doesn’t want to cause any issues for her friend within her marriage. She kind of just doesn’t have anyone else to ask and it will all be harmless. They will not ever cross any lines as it’s mostly to get Jennie to react in some way.

 

“I’m sure!” Sooyoung nods with a smile that does nothing to hide how nervous she actually is. God, does she hope Yerim won’t find out and kill her. She’s doing this for a good cause, right?

 

“We just won’t let her find out!”

 

Chaeyoung laughs but again tells her that she should probably tell Yerim what’s about to go on because really she isn’t trying to cause issues. Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter