Homecoming

Homecoming

Hurriedly putting the cupcakes into the microwave oven Jin looked over at his friends who are his band mates too as they started to swarm into the kitchen with bags full of groceries that he wanted. 
"Hyung! I want to stay with you!" Jimin whined. 
"No can do." Jin looked at Jimin with the most serious face he could pull off. 
Namjoon pulled Jimin by his sleeve and said,"You know how it is Jimin! He wants to do all these by himself. Bringing the things is the most that he will allow us to do." 
"Let's leave him alone. We can all come back tomorrow." Yoongi yawned. 
Jin knew this was Yoongi's strategy to convince everyone to go back and he mentally thanked him for that. 
As they all waved him goodbye Jin closed the door heaving a sigh of relief and scurried back to the kitchen. 
While cooking all of Y/n's favourite foods his mind wandered back to the day when he first met her seven years ago in a fansign. The fansign was going as they usually do until he noticed her. Of course she was beautiful with a long black hair falling like waves over her back and an attractive smile but what attracted him the most was her height. He had never seen a girl so tall. When she came in front of him with her album he can't help but ask,"How tall are you?" She smiled mildly and said "6'1", it's hereditary." 
After that day he couldn't take her out of his mind and he totally regretted not asking her name because he was too busy admiring her. 
A few months later when he had already started to give up a miracle happened, at least he thought it was. It was another fan meeting and she was there again. When the members saw her their immediate reaction was their head turning towards Jin at the same time. This time Jin didn't forget to ask her full name but he did forget to hide his terrible blush. The events after that were like a bullet train ride. Jin found out her social media accounts, sent messages, became friends and started meeting secretly. Three weeks later they were dating. But it didn't take Seokjin much time to realise that she was the one for him. And after dating for almost four months Jin gave Y/n the most romantic proposal. Y/n has always been crazy about dogs and Jin knew how to utilise it. On a fine morning Jin took her to a dog park. While playing with a pug Y/n was surprised when a golden retriever dragged her by her long jacket that Jin insisted her on wearing that morning, near a cherry blossom tree and there were fifteen cute little corgis each carrying a placard on which it said in block letters 'WILL YOU MARRY ME?' It's quite unnecessary to say that it was a 'yes' from Y/n with a lots of tears. The most awaited and lavish wedding took place that year in Kim Mansion. 

While dating Jin knew that starting a family with y/n was never going to be easy . She was already training to be in the special military force and his idol career was far from ending too. They both knew they were never going to get enough of each other and mentally prepared themselves for that. 
After all these years everyone knew that their decision wasn't wrong. Jin always read tweets mainly from ARMYs saying that they seldom saw any relationship like theirs where there is so much trust and love despite all the distance and Jin felt quite proud of that. But more than that he was proud of Y/n. 
Being a die hard fan of Sherlock Holmes, she never missed any details and her deductions were always on point. She was like a modern version of her role model. Jin was not at all surprised when after two months of their wedding she got hired by the most secret and powerful organisation against crimes ODMAC (Organisation for Drastic Measures Against violent Crimes) but Y/n was. 
The organisation headquarters being outside Korea she had to move immediately but she promised to keep in touch the most she could. Being an ODMAC member required her to delete all her social network presence and she got to use a new phone which didn't allow Jin's phone to show the number. For the first six months there were regular messages once a day and a call once in a while but they suddenly stopped after that. Jin was completely lost and prayed for her to be safe and alive. He never thought that days can be darker. He just endured the pain and wished for the days to end quickly while waiting for his phone to play the special ringtone set for unknown numbers. 
On a May morning, after about four months there was a knock on the door followed by the ringing of the door bell. Jin never expected that he could be happier. But that day he realised how dangerous her job was when he saw her broken arm and the bruises on the right side of her back. 
"I am going to stay until they call me back", said Y/n smiling to the teary eyed man. It took her one month to fully recover and Jin never left her alone while she recovered. Seeing Jin's condition made Y/n's heart shatter. She decided to tell him some important things though it was a strict no no from the headquarters. 
"Listen Jinnie I need to tell you something." 
"Yeah, I am listening sweets!" Jin hummed while setting up the dinner.
"They are going to call me back sooner or later." 
"NO! You aren't going anywhere!" a mild scream came out of Jin's throat. 
Y/n sushed him by keeping a finger in front of his mouth. "Just listen to me first. You know that I love my job and it's important too. I can't just quit it whenever I want to. And also I can't let my ability go to a waste. I can guarantee you one thing that no matter whatever happens I will return to you! You trust me, don't you?" 
Y/n stared at Jin's eyes for good one minute to find an answer. Breaking the eye contact Jin hugged her real tight and whispered "more than myself!" 
Y/n slumped her back in relief. 
"I can't guarantee you when I'll return though. Please do lead your life normally and know in your heart that I'm totally fine. Do you get it Mr. Worldwide Handsome? Promise me!" Jin kissed her forehead "I promise." 
Finally when the call came Jin's heart sank but the only fact that convinced him was that y/n was best in her field. Instead of letting him drop her off Y/n kissed him goodbye from the doorstep. When she was out of sight Seokjin received a message.

"check the drawer under the staircase. Love you 💜😘" 

Jin ran the short distance and found a huge colourful box . The box contained a pile of letters and note on the top saying 'One Dose Per Day 😋' 
.
Three years went by. She contacted him rarely and came home twice a year without any injuries. Never for once Kim Seokjin broke his promise to Kim Y/n. Instead the trust and love between them increased. From all these days Jin has learned how to make most use of the days he got with Y/n. He made sure to make enough memories to cherish when they stay apart. 
Jin didn't know that things were going to turn out like that after the last goodbye. Like every year that time too she left 366 letters for him. He read one each day and waited for her message. Things turned blue when there was no letter left to read and there was no ringing of the special ringtone. The members were worried too but they didn't show it to keep him sane. He tried to keep his promise and started to read the letters again from the start. At nights he tried to muffle his screams and brush off the tears. He just wished her to be safe and come back to him. "Is this too much to ask?" he wondered, "it's been a long time..." 
.
One winter morning he woke up to an unfamiliar tone. It took him good ten minutes to realise which ringtone it was. He had received a message... 

"From tomorrow you don't have to read the letters. Sorry and I love you."

The sudden burst of happiness made him black out for a moment and the flashback brought Seokjin back to the present. All the preparations were done, he just have to wait for now. 
When the door bell rang in the evening he rushed to open the it as if he was in a race. He didn't miss a moment to hug her. The tanned face couldn't hold her smile and tears back. At the dining table all her favourite foods were in front of her but all she could do was stare at the man only for whom she has returned. She was more than blessed to be home. 
The long restless mission has dragged all her energy out. She crashed down on bed as soon as they finished eating and fell asleep within a few seconds. 
Jin smiled looking at her innocent face and wondered about the sleepless nights those beautiful eyes of her had spent and the horrible things she has faced. 
"We have a lot to catch up with!", he whispered in her ears and hugged her comfortably as he drifted off to sleep. He was home finally.