Halloween

What Happens On Halloween

A/N: I just wanted some Chanyeol fluff… maybe i’ll do another part and put that mattress in the back of the van to some really good use! :)


“So,” my friend, Seulgi says, smiling as we sit at the cafe, “Got someone to ask you to the Halloween party the frats are having together? They rented out an entire amusement park for it, which is pretty cool.” She sips her iced coffee, smiling, “Free booze and food, too! Those are your favorite things!”

The frats here are ok. There’s one that’s kind of weird, but everyone is ok. The only one I really spend time with is EXO, since they’re all friends with Seulgi and I guess, by association, me. They’re good guys who hold charity events for local charities and, from what I’ve heard, had some ‘awesome ragers’. They’re all kind, smiling and friendly to everyone no matter what. Hard not to miss them around when they plaster their frat colors everywhere. Black and gold decorated the school often. People also love wearing their hoodies and sweaters that they make with their letters or their whole sigil, the one with the schools tiger logo. One of them shares a few classes with me. Kyungsoo, I believe? He’s kind, taking film classes just to learn and not actually for his major.

I roll my eyes, knowing full well what she’s trying to do. She thinks I should be getting out and living a least a little of the college party life before we graduate in a few years. I’d much rather stay at home, read a book or watch something on Netflix and wake up the next morning without a headache. “No. No one wants to take the bookworm, you know that. Besides, I don’t care to drink,” I pout, fingers tapping on the cover of the paperback I was currently reading. I look out the wide windows of the college cafe, brushing the hair out of my face as I studied the bustling campus, seeing people all walking, talking and some even cuddling together with their significant other. I see some of the guys from the EXO frat, all laughing and together and sitting on the grass. I feel myself smile, seeing the tall, happy man strumming a guitar as he just grinned at everyone around him. His soft blonde hair blowing in the light breeze. I feel my heart beat faster, grinning just seeing him happy.

It’s my second year of college, and I’ve had a major crush on him for ages. He’s just so sweet, always nice to me and always seems to listen when I do manage to talk in front of him. But he does that with everyone. Sure, he has a reputation to sleep around, but when asked, he just shrugs and said that he was just having fun. Besides, the other members of EXO about a crush often, so it makes sense. There’s nothing wrong with sleeping around so long as everyone involved is consenting, after all.

“Chanyeol isn’t going with anyone either,” I hear my friend say as I look back at her, feeling my cheeks flush red. She smirks at me, giving me a wink.

“Shut up,” I mutter, pushing my glasses up my face, looking away. “Besides, I’m sure many girls are going to ask him to be their date. I wouldn’t even stand a chance.” I lean on my arm, pouting, “I should just stay home or… I don’t know, buy candy to give to kids or something.”

“You’re definitely not doing that,” She says, shaking her head. “In fact, you and I are going to go get something to wear. Now, remember, unlike a bunch of other women, WE are dressing senseable. After all, being on rides wearing floss is just asking for a wardrobe malfunction.”

“Sure,” I mutter, finally giving in. I couldn’t stand to see her pouting and upset at me, so I eventually caved sooner or later. “Just let me get a hot chocolate to go.”

After getting a large hot chocolate, we make our way across campus to my parked car. Passing by the crowds of people at the courtyard, Seulgi smiled, waving at all the people telling her hi. It wasn’t long before we hear both of our names being called. I look, seeing Chanyeol and Jongin rushing over. Chanyeol with his guitar case strapped to his back. Jongin smiled, wearing a zipped up hoodie and sweatpants. He looked like he just showered from dance practice. Chanyeol grinned, waving at us. The large sweater he wore was fuzzy, somehow making him look smaller than he was. His black jeans ripped at the knees as he just laughs as he gets to us.

“What are the both of you doing,” Jongin asked, looking at us with a tired smile. He stopped, pulling the beanie on his head down to cover his ears.

“We have to go get costumes for your party still,” Seulgi says with a smile. “We’re taking Y/N’s car.”

“Mind if we tag along,” Chanyeol asks, looking up with a megawatt smile. I feel my face flush, before looking away.

“Sure,” I say, nodding. “Just… you know, don’t judge the car. It was my dad’s work van…”

“Took me ages to convince Y/N to put a mattress in the back of it,” Seulgi says with a smile. “Now, when I don’t want to walk all the way to the dorm after one of your ragers I just use the spare pair she gave me and crash there!”

I rolled my eyes, “That’s only because you paid for the mattress and you know I have a difficult time saying no to gifts.”

Apparently, I attract rich kids as friends. Seulgi’s family is loaded, after all. Same with most of EXO, if I remember right. Seulgi smiles, elbowing me, “It’s true. Now I don’t ask and just get things for her.”

“Nice to know,” Chanyeol says, walking along with us as we kept walking. “Besides, I had a van for the longest time before it completely died on me. I use to take my high school band around and play small gigs in it!”

“Sounds like fun,” I say, trying not to completely embarrassed myself in front of them.

Jongin laughs, “You know, Y/N, you don’t have to be so shy all the time. We’ve been friends since we started in our first semester!”

“That’s a lot, coming from Jongin,” Seulgi says with a laugh.

“Well, I think it’s cute,” Chanyeol says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

“T-thanks,” I mutter, biting my lip and looking away. It didn’t take long for me to drive to the Halloween store that always pops up in town during this time of year. My face seemed stained with a blush since Chanyeol called me cute. I pulled in, quickly fishing change out of my cup holder for the parking meter. They went in as I pushed in quarters, giving us at least two hours, knowing Seulgi. They know I’m stubborn about paying for things myself, though sometimes I find my van’s gas filled or change in my cup holder.

With a deep breath, I walk in, seeing what looked like the entire holiday exploding in the store. I see Seulgi looking though racks of costumes. I frown, looking over and seeing Jongin showing Chanyeol something. It pop, screaming, making Chanyeol jump in the air, then fall to his knees laughing as he held onto his chest. I smile, watching as Jongin laughed, leaning on the shelf as he takes in the victory of scaring his friend.

I moved, walking next to Seulgi. She picks one out, looking at it. She frowns, before putting it back. “So many dresses and skirts. Boring!”

“I don’t even know what to be,” I mutter, looking at it all.

“Didn’t you like a fan art or something recently? Of that show we both saw growing up,” Seulgi asks, looking at me.

“You mean the Teen Titans fan art,” I ask, looking at her.

“We could try that,” She says, “You know, I’d be Blackfire and you be Starfire?”

I get my phone, pulling up the instagram of the artist who drew the picture. I fine it, quickly showing it to her. She nods, looking over it and a few more. “I own most of this stuff. You have a white NASA shirt we can alter. All we need is a box of black hair dye for me and a fake tattoo kit.”

“Sure, I’m down,” I say, shrugging. “After all, it’s a costume, but like we’re not trying super hard.”

“We can do pants instead of the shorts, too,” She says, “But we should get like, those fake eyelashes here, since they’ll make us look super anime and cute! Also see if they have, like… tattoo things here.”

We hear a crash, turning and seeing Jongin looking at a huge stack of baskets knocked over. They both flush red from embarrassment as they quickly pick the baskets up. We walk over, seeing them getting a pointed look by an employee.

“We can’t leave you both alone for a second, can we,” Seulgi asks, rolling her eyes.

Chanyeol laughs, holding his arms out in an oops gesture. He looked adorable, a kind giant as he just grinned at us.

“What are you both going to be, anyways,” Seulgi asks, looking at Chanyeol.

“Last year I went a little ham with the Iron Man costume,” He says, “So I kind of want to wear something that I can actually sit down in.”

“I’ve never done something like classic. So I’ve already got like, a new age vampire thing picked out,” Jongin says, nodding.

Chanyeol smiles, “I’ve been going back and playing games I never have this year when I have the chance, and I just played thought a series that was a lot of fun, so I’m going to be the main character from it.”

“What game,” I ask, before I could stop myself. I put my hand over my mouth, my eyes wide as I just glanced at him.

Chanyeol glances at me, his smiling seemingly brighter, “Uncharted!”

I try to calm myself, moving my hand. “Nathan Drake? Cool,” I say, nodding, trying to act like I wasn’t embarrassed.

“You like games, that’s right,” He says, smiling. “I should invite you over since, as much as Baekhyun loves games, he’s awful as a multiplayer partner. Always yelling my ear off.”

I look down, feeling my face get red again, “S-sure.”

Seulgi and I quickly buy a few things, before I’m driving the guys back to their frat house. They get out, smiling and waving as I drive off.

The next few days Seulgi and I spent customizing our costumes and making the last new things. She walks in the day of the party, ready for me to draw the fake tattoos on her as she draws them on me.

“You’re so lucky you already dyed your hair that ginger color,” She says, looking at my hair.

“Hold still, dummy,” I mutter, drawing the star tattoos on her.

Soon, we’re done as she smiles at me. “Sister!”

I roll my eyes, before getting my keys and getting ready to drive to the amusement park. A few hours before dark so we could ride all the rides. I pull in, thankful I didn’t have to pay for parking as I parked.

“F3,” I mutter, putting a backpack on and putting my phone in it. “If we don’t feel up to driving, we’ll just crash on the mattress.”

“Or you can finally make the moves with Chanyeol and take him back to your van to get warm,” She says with a wink.

“Shut it,” I mutter, following her as we go to the gates.

“All this time I’ve known you I haven’t seen you once get laid,” she says, “Just… you know… wanting the drought to end for my best friend, that’s all!”

“Seulgi, please,” I say putting my face in my hands as she just laughs, leading me along so I could hide my red face.

We get to the entrance as I smile, seeing all the precautions they’ve taken. A full security team. One list checking over a list of invited people and giving out wristbands. We said our names, showing our I.D.s and get lime green bands around our wrists. The next part was getting checked for weapons. Once that was done, we walked in and saw all these rides roaring to life, people screaming as I take Seulgi’s hand, running to the closest ride.

It wasn’t until we rode almost every ride when we finally saw the guys from EXO. All of them looking at the Slingshot ride. It was like a ball tethered by two really stretchy and really strong things that is pulled back and let go, sending flying before bouncing back until the momentum dies.

Junmyeon smiled, seeing us, “Hey!”

He was dressed like Sehun, looking like they’re James Bond or something. Yixing smiled, dressed normally, just having gotten off a plane from China will do that, so he gets a pass. Baekhyun looked like a character from PUBG, Xiumin like Chucky that creepy murderous doll. Jongdae was dressed like he was going to hogwarts, in Slytherin robes. Kyungsoo just putting white makeup and dressed in all black like the kind from The Grudge. Jongin looked like a puck vampire, smiling as he waved. I smile, seeing Chanyeol looking like Nathan Drake from the third game. His hair a soft brown now as he just smiles at us.

“So, what’s going on,” Seulgi says, her ice cream she just got. The one ride she told me no to was this one, so I thought I was going to just pass on it until we saw the crowd.

“We’re trying to see who’s going on this ride,” Junmyeon says, looking at it as it shoots up, the two people screaming as it flings two hundred feet into the air, back and forth until it settles down.

“Chanyeol already lost the first round,” Sehun says with a smirk, as Chanyeol just hits his shoulder.

Seulgi smirks, glancing at me, “Y/N wanted to go on it!”

I look at her, with wide eyes as I feel my heart practically stop. I feel someone hold on to my arm, pulling me forward, “Well, come on! Let’s do it!”

I look, seeing Chanyeol smiling at me as we walked up to the small line that formed. I was freaking out internally as he just smiles, leaning on the metal barrier, smiling. “You ok,” He asks, seeing me.

“I’m fine,” I mutter a bit too quickly. “Just… nervous. People make me nervous.”

“Seulgi told me a few months after knowing her about that.” Chanyeol just smiles, “You know, I invite Seulgi to a bunch of parties when we first met hoping you’d come along with her. It wasn’t until I asked her about you when I was drunk when she laughed and said you prefer small groups or staying in and reading to parties.”

I shrug, “I’m just… weird I guess.”

“I don’t think it’s weird,” Chanyeol says as the only couple waiting for the ride ahead of us was let in. “That’s just… how you are. Introverted.” He grins, looking up as the ride was shot into the air, the wind blowing around us. The two people screaming as they went. “It makes to get to know people easier. That’s why Seulgi would drag you along when we go to the diner.” He says, before looking a little bashful, “Because I wanted to get to know you some more.”

“That’s very nice,” I say with a small smile.

“I’m shocked you came here, honestly,” Chanyeol says, “I mean, I remember you saying to liked rides, but it’s still a lot of people.”

“I can… you know, walk around away from all the crazy parting later,” I say. “There’s that little gazebo near a lake beside the large hall where the dancing and stuff is going to happen. I’ll probably look at the cute ducks there.”

“Perhaps I’ll have to check it out,” He mutters, looking at me with a shy smile. “You know, can’t let you be alone. It would be lonely, and what kind of host would I be if I let you get lonely?”

Before I could even recognize what was going on, the man working the ride opens the gate. “Alright, get ready. Hands and feet inside the ride at all times, and miss, I’d suggest you put your hair up.”

I take the hair band around my wrist and put my hair into a messy bun quickly, smiling as we set our bags to the side. I get in my seat and buckle the melts before the metal bar goes over our laps. Chanyeol smiles, taking the necklace he wore and putting it in his pocket.

I smile, seeing all of our friends wave at us as I wave back. I feel something hold my hand as I look, seeing Chanyeol’s hand holding mine. It was warm, with calloused fingers from years of playing instruments. They were large, making my hands seem smaller as he held on tightly.

The machine starts, pulling us down as I smiled getting excited. I loved rides, the feeling of the adrenaline. I was always a good kind and this was my outlet of feeling that rush.

There was a countdown, before we were moving fast. The air whipping past us as I just laughed from the feeling. My heart racing as I tighten my hand around Chanyeol’s. He was yelling, though it was hard to hear him as we were falling back down and moving back and forth. My giggles and laughter erupting from me as I just laugh so hard I almost cry.

Soon, we were back on solid ground. All of our friend at the exit, waiting for us and smiling. I just laughed, putting a hand over my chest and feeling my heart pumping like mad.

“Who knew bookworm liked rides,” Jongdae says loudly, laughing as he looked at us.

Seulgi was just grinning, moving and hugging me. “That ride looked terrifying!”

“No way,” I say, hearing the next couple going behind us. Their screaming making me smile again as I see Chanyeol holding his heart, leaning against Sehun, who just smiled and patted his friend on the back. “It was great,” I say with a smile as I take my hair down, letting it fall down my shoulders again.

“Never make me do that again,” Chanyeol says, eyes wide as he shook his head.

“Not even with Y/N,” Baekhyun asks, looking at me and winking.

Chanyeol looks over, smiling at me, “I mean… if you want to go again, of course!”

“No, that’s ok,” I say, patting his arm, “I wouldn’t want you to have a heart attack.”

“We would,” Kyungsoo says with a small smile.

The next pair was some of the friends of EXO that Seulgi and I didn’t really know. The first guy was fine, but his friend didn’t look too great. He stopped close to me as I turned, looking at him. I was about to ask if he was ok before I felt something warm hit my chest. I jump back, smelling the stench of fresh puke.

“I’m so sorry,” The guys says, before moving and puking on the ground again. Seulgi moves to me, looking at the puke dripping from my shirt as I feel my eyes fill with tears.

“I have a sweater,” Chanyeol says quickly, moving his backpack off his shoulder and and quickly pulling out the black sweater with the gold letters EXO on it.

Seulgi takes it from him, her arm around me as she pulls me with her. “We’ll meet you guys later.”

It didn’t take long to find a bathroom. I take the shirt off carefully, dropping it in the sink as I look, seeing the mascara and lashes she convinced me to wear looking awful and running down my face. I looked awful, standing there in my bra and jeans, with a makeup stained face. I peel the lashes off, throwing them in the trash as I wipe away the eye makeup, tears still falling from my eyes.

“Sweetie,” Seulgi says, as she tries to wash the puke off my shirt and down the sink. “I’m so sorry.”

“I looked like an idiot,” I muttered, feeling my shoulders shake as I cried. Of course out of everyone to get puked on, it would be me. Right in front of everyone. In front of Chanyeol. I felt like an idiot.

“None of us that was there thinks that,” She says, being kind as she just frowns.

“You don’t have to do that,” I say, looking at her trying to wash it. “Just throw it away, It’s ok.”

She tosses the shirt into the trash, looking at me as she gets me some tissues from her bag. She wipes my face, before pulling me into a hug.

It would have been nice, if I didn’t hear people coming in.

“Did you see the video? It landed right on her chest,” One girl says, cackling. “She’s that one that makes goo goo eyes at Chanyeol ALL the time.”

“That pathetic prude? I’d puke too if I saw someone like her,” Someone else says as the door opens. The two women look at me, their eyes meeting mine before they both smirk.

Seulgi moves, pushing the door shut right in their faces. “Have nothing better to do than talk ,” She calls, chasing them off before glaring, “Trust me, not a single person is going to give a about the both of you anymore!”

I pull the sweater over my head, smelling the cologne. It was nice. Comforting, but it didn’t stop me from letting the tears fall down my face still. I look at her, getting my bag, “I think I’m just going to go take a nap in my van.”

“Do you want me to go with you,” She asks, putting her arm around me as we leave the bathroom.

I shake my head, “No. You go, have fun. I mean it, yeah? You don’t deserve your night to be ruined.”

“If you want to go home, you can,” Seulgi mutters quietly, looking me in the eyes, “I’ll catch a ride with someone else, ok?”

I nod, wiping my eyes with some tissue she gave me. She pulls me into the biggest hug before I hear my name being called.

I turn, seeing Chanyeol running over. His smooth hair pushed back from the running as he just waves. He stops in front of me, smiling brightly. “Hey, you going?”

I couldn’t help but feel completely embarrassed, so I look to the ground and nod.

“Cool,” He says, as I hear him take something from his pocket. “Here, Seulgi, you can take my car. Kyungsoo is the DD, so just give him my keys, ok?”

I look up, confused as I see Chanyeol smile, “Come on. Let’s go!”

“But, your party,” I ask, wiping my face trying to seem calm. Like I didn’t just completely embarrass myself in front of him just ten minutes ago, if that.

He looks back, seeing the rides as the sunlight starts to fade. The lights of the park slowly turning on, bright and eye catching as he just turns to me, brushing the hair out of his eyes. “I’d rather spend Halloween with you,” He says, grinning. “All I wanted to do today was find you and talk. Maybe convince you to dance with me. Or even just walk around while everyone else was dancing and partying. Why would I stay at a party when the only person I want to see isn’t going to be there?”

I feel my face get hot as I just look at Seulgi, who was just smiling. She looks at Chanyeol, “She hasn’t really had dinner. So, she’ll be hungry in a few hours. Probably not now because… well…”

Chanyeol looks from her back to me with the biggest grin on his face, “It’s a date, then!”

“D-date,” I ask, feeling Chanyeol lace our fingers together as he pulls me along with him to the exit.

“Absolutely,” He says with a smile.

Seulgi just smiles, waving at me as she makes a kissy face, laughing when I hide my face in embarrassment. Once I get to the car, I let him in and look at the road at the exit of the park, looking around. “So… where to?”

“You wanna just… ride and listen to music for a while,” He asks, looking at me. He took a hat out of his bag, placing it backward on his head to hold the hair out of his face.

“Sure,” I say, turning as he plugs in an AUX cord to his phone. “Thank you, for the sweater.”

“No problem,” He says, looking at me, “It looks good on you. Makes you look even tinier and cuter.”

I smile, hearing the strumming of a guitar starting. All these complements going straight to my heart. A song I haven’t heard in years as Oasis’s ‘Wonderwall starts playing. Chanyeol sang along, pretending to play a guitar. I smiled, singing along softly too as I kept my eyes on the road carefully. There was something about this that I would have never imagined happening, but now that it was, it felt just right. Hearing how passionately he sings along and air guitars just gave me a sense of peace. The city behind us as we just drove, right by the coast. The forest surrounding us in the pacific Northwest.

Chanyeol was easy to talk to once I finally just broke out. He were talking about what we wanted to do and our pasts. Chanyeol’s grandfather and mother moving to the U.S. from Korea, starting a business metal working while his grandmother taught piano. He told me he has dual citizenship, and that, after college, he has to go back to Korea to enlist in the Korean military for about two years. He told me he just wanted to make music, and that he was studying to be a music teacher if making music for himself doesn’t work out. He just wanted to make people happy and help people express themselves a bit. He also laughed, talking about how about ten thousand people listen to his soundcloud and follow him on Youtube, which is pretty cool.

So, I told him how my family is from Maine but moved to California after they retired. My parents had me a bit older, as I was born when they were early forties. Now they’re in their sixties and getting up there and how I was scared of them dying. I shared that I was going to school for film, hoping to just maybe work in television or movies, but knowing that I’ll probably most likely just be an errand girl forever. Which is fine, so long as I can help make things like shows and movies that people like.

“So, film student,” He asks, looking over at me, “Favorite film?”

“Return of the King,” I say with a smile, “It’s just… it’s stunning and amazing.”

I see a sign, a neon eyesore flickering as a diner pulled into view. I smile, turning in. “Come on,” I say, hoping out, “I could use a rest. Why not eat something before we turn around and head back.”

Chanyeol hopped out, moving around and meeting me at the diner entrance. He opens the door for me, smiling.

The place looked like a classic mom and pop place. Burgers, milkshakes, and the checkered floor. It was mostly empty save for a few people in a booth in the corner. We move to the bar, sitting in the middle as a woman moves towards us,  popping a bubble of gum as she smiles. “Well, I haven’t see you two here before,” She says, in her white and black uniform with a pad of paper in front of her. “What can I get the both of you to drink?”

“Coffee,” Chanyeol says, looking at me, “You drove here. Only fair if I drive back, yeah?”

I nod, looking at her, “Cherry cola?”

“We have that, Darling,” She says with a smile. A few moments later and a little bit of small talk between Chanyeol and I and she stops in front of us. “You’ll have to forgive me, I can’t help but be nosy when some new folks stop by King’s Diner,” She says, leaning against the counter. “What brings ya out here? On Halloween, no less!”

“We were at a party,” I say, pointing to the sweater I was wearing, “But things went a bit… bad, so I was going to leave.”

“I couldn’t just let someone go home and have an uneventful Halloween,” Chanyeol says, “So we just… started to head off. Listening to music. Singing along to it and just… talking.”

“What made it go badly,” She asks, looking at me.

“A guy puked on me,” frowning from the memory.

“Oh, Sweetie!” She looks at me, shaking her head, “You know what that earns? A piece of pie after dinner!”

I smile, “I bet it’s lovely!”

It was nice, being somewhere that neither of us knew and where no one knew us. We could just… talk. With each other, with people who had no preconceived notions about us from some gossip. We stayed there for an hour. Eating burgers, fries and a slice of pumpkin pie. Chanyeol singing along to the jukebox and the cook in the kitchen singing along as he waits for more people and more orders. We split the bill, before getting back in my van. Chanyeol driving and I was listening to him softly sing.

That was when the rain started. First it was gentle, but soon got harder and harder. The rainfall so heavy that Chanyeol pulled into a rest stop, parking as we go to wait it out. I looked up the weather on my phone, seeing it was calling for heavy storms all night.

“We can just… sleep here,” I say, pointing to the mattress behind the two other smaller seats. “T-that is, if you’re ok with sleeping next to me. It’s fine if you’re not, I can just sleep in the driver’s seat, it’s fi-”

He places a hand over my mouth, stopping me from rambling as he just grinned at me. “Sure. Besides, I get told I’m like laying next to a space heater.”

It was a little awkward to behind with. Thankfully there are two pillow and a blanket. I curl on my side, resting against the pillow as I close my eyes, feeling oddly exhausted from the day. Chanyeol turns his phone off, before turning and laying on his side, facing me. He smiles, “I had a lot of fun today,” He says softly, as we listen to the rain pelting the metal roof of the van.

“I did too,” I say, nodding. “Well, there was one moment that was awful.”

“If holding my hand on the ride was that bad, you could have said something,” He says as a joke, making me softly tap his arm.

“You were the best part of today,” I say quietly, feeling my face get warm from my admission.

I see his face get a little darker in the little moonlight that came though the windows of the van doors. “Today has been… it’s like the day I always wanted,” He says with a small chuckle. “I’ve been wanting to ask you out for a date forever, and today ha-”

“What,” I ask, my eyes wide as I look at him.

He bites his lip, before looking me in the eyes, “Um… yeah. I’ve been meaning to ask you out, but I always chicken out.” His face is a bit pink as he just looks at me, “B-but if you don’t, you know… like me, that’s fine! Don’t feel pressured or anything.”

“Why are you embarrassed when I’m the one who should be,” I say softly, looking away, “I’ve had a crush on your since we met and I never thought I was good enough for you, so I ju-”

“You like me too,” He asks, a little loud as he just smiles at me. He just grins, putting a fist into the air, “Yes!”

I couldn’t stop the small laugh come from me at how adorable he was being about this.

“Y/N,” Chanyeol says, glancing back ,”What do you mean you didn’t think you were good enough for me?”

I hide my face in the blanket, “You’re just… so COOL. With your friends and your music and how happy and joyful you are. You’re outgoing and adventurous and I’m just… a bookworm nerd who likes to stay inside.”

“I always thought you were too smart for me,” He mutters, “You are just… so effortlessly smart and you just… are completely yourself and I really admire that about you.”

I feel him tug the blanket away as I peeked out through my fingers to see him smiling at me. “I thought you were too good for me, a party loving nerd boy who just likes to have fun and make people happy.”

“But you’re so sweet,” I say, hearing him let out a laugh.

“So are you,” He says, pulling my hands away from my face. “You’re also just… beautiful.” He smiles, and I see him look away shyly, “Sometimes I can’t help but stare at you because you’re just… amazing.” He says, biting his lip, letting his eyes wander over my face, “And… I really want to kiss you, if that’s ok?”

My heart was beating fast as I nod softly. He smiles, his hands holding my face gently as me move, pressing his lips to mine. It would be a lie to say I haven’t thought about this… or daydreamed it. But the reality was so much better than I thought. He was so soft, not overbearing as he pulled away, looking me in the eyes.

This time I moved, pressing mine back against his. The rain on the metal van long forgotten as I just smile into a kiss, feeling him softly asking for a bit more. My fingers find his hair, feeling the silky strands as his tongue met mine.

A crack of thunder make me jump, accidentally hitting our foreheads together as we both let out a small noise of pain. The dread of embarrassment was starting to rise before Chanyeol just chuckled, looking at me. “Our first kiss is as awkward as we are,” He says with a small laugh, softly pressing a chaste kiss to me again. “But I’m sure the next ones won’t be.”

“I’m sorry,” I mutter, putting my hands over my face again.

Chanyeol laughs, pulling me into his arms. His hug was warm, and enveloped all of me as he just shakes his head. “No, it was perfect,” He mutters, smiling as he presses his lips to my forehead.

“Wait, next ones?! What do you mean?”

I hear his laugh rumble, shaking me as he held me. “Well,” He says, looking me in the eyes, “I… wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend. But it’s ok, if you don’t want to be, I mean, I kno-”

I press my lips to his softly, “I… I’d love to.”

When we finally made it back to campus, Seulgi cornered me in the shower and proceeded to smile, talking about a bet she just won against all of the rest of EXO. When Chanyeol and I saw each other again, he slipped his hand into mine, lacing our fingers together and looked at me with the biggest grin that completely melted my heart.

“Come on,” He says, smiling, “You and me.”

I smile, “Where to?”

“I think I should properly serenade my girl instead of just singing along to the car radio,” He says, leaning over and pressing a small kiss to my forehead.