P A R T II

Alphabet of Love and Despair -------- [ oneshot / drabble collection of various artist ]

I no longer love her, that's certain, but maybe I love her. Love is so short, forgetting is so long.

(Pablo Neruda)

--------------------------------

 

Irresistible

Hanbin / Nayeon

To be a masochist of love is a life choice of Im Nayeon and an everlasting black hole called Kim Hanbin caused it all. If only she could turn back the time, she would do anything in her life to stop her from coming to Momo’s New Year Party two years ago.

 

“You should come. So, my other Korean friend won’t be lonely.”

“What, you only have two Korean friends?” Nayeon found Momo was being ridiculous. She was suspected that it is one of her way to playing cupid – again.

“Yes, in this Department of Astronomy.”

 

So, there were Hanbin and Nayeon, two lost stars, with their own constellation. It started with the story of how they landed in Japan, being away from home only to study a bizarre major. Then, they exchanged story of their life, creating their own orbit.

 

They were not really lost anymore.

 

 

Joy

Sungjae / Joy

He has his heads in the cloud; in the form an artificial feeling named joy.

The joy when he saw Sooyoung from afar, laughing to her friends with her beaming eyes. Sungjae making the scene of how to greet Park Sooyoung in his head only to find that he went silent whenever he caught a glimpse of her, strolling around hallway. People say it was about the first move and Sungjae couldn’t fabricate the fate as he wanted yet his feeling to her was too real.

And so, at the end of December, gripping to the feeling, he took first step.

“Hi, I’m Sungjae.”

He couldn’t feel anything but outburst of feeling.

 

 

Kiss

Eunwoo / Doyeon

“Why…?”

They had just ran away from a party which Doyeon wished never happened. He hated Ong SeongWoo with all her heart for inviting her only to announce that he was getting married. As if he never noticed or perceived what had been happened between him and Doyeon.

Five glasses of Soju and she took Eunwoo, her friend, to run away from the party with her despite the heavy rain.

“Why…?”

She breathed it between her tears. It was raining so hard but Doyeon still could trace a hint of wistful smile on Eunwoo’s face. And just like that, he felt his warm on her, graze her wound, and penetrated her with a bunch of feeling.

“Please, after this, only see me,” pleaded him amidst her tear.

She was too engulfed in her sadness to realize that was a kiss, he was too drunk in love to let her go.

 

 

Lie

Jungkook / Mina

“You are a good girl, Mina. A good person deserves a good person. You will find him.”

Jungkook said that, one night, when Mina asked him to have dinner together and talk about life. Mina only smiled and sipped her tea bitterly. She told Jungkook everything. Her protective parents, her dislike toward her colleague, her dreams, her thoughts, everything that she never told to anyone. She only told it to him. And yet, when she started to talk about love that was always Jungkook’s reply. That she was a good girl and also deserved someone good.

Maybe it’s you.

Mina could only say that in silence. Let him exchanged a secret stare with her. A light stomp on her foot when they are having dinner with their friends together. His face went blank as if he did nothing when he actually under the table.

And so, when Mina saw his photo with a girl, she felt crushed.

“You could tell me, you know.”

And she saw it, his infamous glassy eyes, and she knew why he didn’t.

 

 

 

Marshmallow

Daniel / Sana

 

Dear Sana,

I don’t know whether you know me or not. I’m Kang Daniel. I was in baking class with you last year. You didn’t pay attention that much to me. You are busy with your recipe of sweets and cake to be aware of my six months existence in that class. I just want to tell you that I took that class because of the free cookies that you give to all your classmate during our orientation day. One of your classmate, Woojin – my friend, gave me crumbs of your cookies, and I fell for it. Then I saw you, giving the same cookies to the topokki grandma, and I fell for you.

I send you this marshmallow as I saw you cried this morning. That was surely one of gloomiest morning in my life. I don’t know the reason of it, but I hope now you can smile again.

Here, have this marshmallow and smile again.

As always.

 

 

Never

Namjoon / Rose

It was too comfortable for Namjoon to see Rose wearing his oversized hoodie in his studio, legs dangling on the couch while humming a nameless song. It was too comfortable and dangerous for him.

“Are you finished?”

“Uhm, yeah.” Namjoon cleared his throat. It was the third time Rose coming to his studio. The first time was last month, when her group suddenly barged in to their dormitory due to Seungri’s queer variety show’s episode was to visit other group’s dormitory. She was coming with her other members, eyes twinkling and pinkish makeup, as if she was a fairy coming to the grim house.

“Let’s play, then.”

She always like that. Saying something so suddenly that he couldn’t have time to react properly.

She already stood up and take a bottle of Soju from Namjoon’s table. She sat on the couch while signaling him to come close. As foolish as he was, Namjoon moved his body to sit on the floor, facing her.

“Let’s play ‘Never have I ever’,” she smiled mischievously and Namjoon had to restrain himself to pinch her nose endearingly. “I want to play it at our home but Jennie and Lisa doesn’t want it. Jisoo doesn’t understand it. So you have to make my wish come true.”

Always.

Namjoon tried to focus himself.

“Okay, first one, never have I ever … completely forgot my lines in a song!”

Namjoon didn’t drink his soju.

“Really?” Rose was surprised.

“Too clever to forget my lines.”

Rose let out a soft laugh then drink her soju in one shot.

“My turn.” Namjoon pretended that he was thinking hard. “Never have I ever cried in public because of a song.”

Rose flashed him a tender smile then drink her next glass.

“What song?” He was so curious.

“Spring Day. I heard it at a CD Shop in Japan when I really missed home then I cried.”

Namjoon was dumbstruck.

“Okay, next question… never have I ever broken someone’s heart.”

Both of them drink their soju then laughed together. “So both of us are cruel then?”

Namjoon could feel he was getting excited. “Never have I ever fallen in love at first sight.”

Rose didn’t raise her glass and she was thrilled. “Woah, my first!”

Namjoon smiled then took another shot.

“Really? How could you love someone at first sight?” Rose looked puzzled.

2016. Melon Music Award. The girl who was panicked because she spilled her pomegranate juice to Jin’s shirt.

“Okay, next question…” Her forehead was crinkled and she pouted as she was thinking. Namjoon was amused of it and couldn’t hide it. Rose saw it and was shy of his stare.

Namjoon then realized it was his turn. “Uhm, so, yeah, maybe the next question will be… never have I ever accidentally kissed someone.”

Rose was sit still and gave no response. Namjoon felt anxious of her action but after a minute passed and there was nothing, he realized that was her answer. He lovingly whispered ‘cute’ while looking down at his glass and was ready to gulp it down. As he rising his glass, he could feel warm on his right hand, preventing him to drink, then suddenly, he felt her lips on his very quickly. He still can feel the vanilla scent on his lips and he was too numb to say anything.

Rose glanced at him shyly then drink her soju. “That was my answer.”

 

And, that was the best answer.