01.

you can hear it in the silence

“Where are you taking me?” Sana asked for the hundredth time as she let Jeongyeon guide her, walking slowly because of the blindfold that covered her eyes and didn’t let her see where they were going.

“We’re almost here, just have a little patience.” Jeongyeon said, chuckling at how Sana grumbled and complained.

Finally, they arrived at their destination and Jeongyeon carefully took the blindfold off. Sana was surprised to see they were at a very familiar place, but there were a few notable changes. They were at the same office where they had spent countless nights working together, staying up until ungodly hours. It almost looked the same, but candles had been placed all over, giving a more intimate atmosphere, and a projector had been set up, using the blank wall in front of the office couch as a screen. There was also food, a lot of it, and when Sana took a closer look she noticed all her favorites were there.

“At first I thought I would take you out for dinner and a movie but then I thought it would be too predictable… I wanted to make it something especial, since I kept you waiting for so long, so I got this idea, that maybe we could do that but here.” Jeongyeon started talking, it was obvious she was nervous and desperately trying to know what Sana, who still hadn’t said anything, thought of it all.

 “I mean, I know it seems stupid because this is just an office but it’s where I started to fall for you so it’s especial, at least to me, but if you want to go somewhere else it’s fine, I would get that-“

“Jeongyeon, stop.” Sana cut her off, taking her hand and giving her a bright smile. “This is perfect.”

“Really?” Jeongyeon felt like she could breathe again.

“It’s the sweetest, most thoughtful date anyone has ever planned for me.”

“Then the bar was set very low.” She joked.

“It wasn’t!” Sana slapped her arm playfully before pulling her into a hug, which Jeongyeon quickly relaxed into. It was shocking how little time it had taken her to get used to Sana’s affectionate nature, and how much she appreciated it now. “Don’t sell yourself short. You’re amazing, and I love this.”

When Sana said things like that it was easy to believe her, despite Jeongyeon’s tendency to refuse other people’s compliments. So, despite her initial nerves, she found started getting her confidence back.

“Not that I’m not enjoying this, but we should probably sit down before the food gets cold.” She gestured towards the couch, where there were quite a few more pillows than usual and a couple of blankets. It seemed like Jeongyeon had really thought of everything.

She smiled when Sana cuddled up to her as they started sharing the food, indulging her when she got playful and wanted to feed her. It would have made her so embarrassed to let anyone see her like that, but with Sana she didn’t mind at all.

“Are we going to watch a movie too?” Sana asked, pointing at the projector.

“Maybe.”

“Which one?”

“You can probably guess.”

Sana let out a little squeal, knowing instantly which movie Jeongyeon had picked.  “Play it! What are we waiting for?”

Jeongyeon really wouldn’t mind watching Legally Blonde every day of her life if it made Sana that happy and she got to see her being so adorable, muttering almost all the lines under her breath and acting so surprised at every key scene despite the fact that she had seen them a million times before.

Tonight, however, Sana seemed to be much quieter than usual, and when Jeongyeon noticed it she turned to look at her and found the other girl staring at her. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“You’re being weird. You haven’t even cursed at that Warner guy once.” She insisted, and Sana giggled.

“I’m just distracted.”

“What’s distracting you?”

“You are.”

“Oh.” Jeongyeon suddenly felt very nervous. It may or may not have something to do with the way Sana kept looking at her. “I must be really distracting to make you pay more attention to me than your favorite movie.”

“You are. I just… there’s something I really want to do, and I can’t stop thinking about it.”

“What is it?”

“I’ll show you.”

Jeongyeon thought her heart was going to beat out of her chest as Sana leaned closer and closer.  Sana’s hand cupped her cheek and there were only a few inches left between them when she stopped. “Can I?” She whispered against her lips, and rather than answer with words, Jeongyeon chose to answer with her actions.

She pressed her lips against Sana’s softly, and could feel her smile as they finally kissed. She had wanted to do this for so long, but she didn’t regret the wait. It was all worth it to be able to be here with Sana now, kissing her without any fear of what would happen after. Without having to worry about the consequences, because she knew they both wanted the same and that Sana would never hurt her.

She felt happy and safe in Sana’s arms.

“I’m sorry I made you wait for so long.” She whispered when the kiss ended, smiling like a fool.

“Don’t be.” Sana rested her forehead against hers. “I loved every second of it.”