why?

why don't they ship us?

it was a calm rainy saturday in gangnam for both taehyung and seulgi. the two decided to chill in their apartment, being lazy and all as they spend their free time together. they both had a busy month; bts was holding concerts overseas, while red velvet was preparing for their comeback. seulgi even boyfriend that he copied her blonde hair, which taehyung immediately disagreed with; saying that he dyed his hair blonde before seulgi even did.

 

they are now lying on the bed, taehyung forcing himself to take a nap while seulgi scrolled through her phone, giggling at cute cat videos. and something suddenly clicks in taehyung's brain.

 

"hey, seulgi."

 

taehyung sits up and snuggles closer to seulgi. the girl immediately looks at him, both eyebrows raised.

 

"hmm? i thought you were asleep." she immediately locks their fingers together while her other hand scrolls through her phone.

 

taehyung stares carefully at his girlfriend's face. her eyes, her cute nose, her lips—everything about her was perfect, but they're just a bonus because all he cared about was her personality. and no matter what, even if the earth becomes flat or round, taehyung knows that he is deeply in love with seulgi.

 

"baby, if you keep staring at me like that i might melt." seulgi lets out a laugh. "do you want a kiss or something?"

 

taehyung felt his heart stutter after hearing her precious laugh. it was like music to his ears. but something has been bothering taehyung since yesterday, and it made his smile disappear.

 

"why don't they ship us?" as those words left taehyung's lips, seulgi turned quiet and only the rain pouring outside can be heard.

 

she put her phone down and faced him, cupping both of his cheeks as she stared deeply into his eyes. taehyung had to look away because he feel like he'll explode anytime.

 

"did you see something again?" concern was evident from seulgi's voice.

 

taehyung slowly nods. even though it seems childish, he still gets affected by those things that their fans make. fan fictions, edits, videos, you name it. especially when it looks so realistic. there was even a time that taehyung cried because a fan edited a picture of seulgi and jimin together.

 

he heard seulgi sigh, and he thought he disappointed her. taehyung was about to turn his back on seulgi but he felt warm arms around his body.

 

"baby—" seulgi mutters.

 

"i know, i'm sorry." taehyung immediately replies.

 

seulgi looks up at him, pouting.

 

"it's just unfair," taehyung adds. "they ship you to jimin, to hanbin, to taeyong—hell, they even ship you to jungkook!"

 

seulgi watches her boyfriend throw a tantrum, kicking the sheets while he complained about the fans not shipping the both of them.

 

"they ship you to everyone else, why can't they ship you to me? i'm handsome too!" taehyung was frowning now. "i can dance! i can sing! i—"

 

"i love you." seulgi cuts him off.

 

it was taehyung's turn to be quiet. he also stopped kicking the sheets, his cheeks and ears pink after hearing seulgi's statement.

 

"it doesn't matter if they ship me to everyone else," seulgi cups taehyung's cheeks again and makes him look at her. "all that matters for me is you. i love you."

 

taehyung pouts in defeat, and seulgi just laughs as she kissed his pout repeatedly until it turned into a smile.

 

"they can ship me all they want, all i know is i love my tiger here." she wraps taehyung's arms around her slim body.

 

"i-i," taehyung stares at seulgi lovingly. "i love you so much."

 

seulgi smiles and it made her eyes turn into crescents. she can now finally calm down knowing that taehyung has been reassured. the couple ends up falling asleep, arms tangled to each other's body and sheets messily spread above them as the rain continued to pour.