Hwiyoung x Tzuyu

SF9 x Female Celebrities

 

Kim Youngkyun stepped into the hall and immediately the scent hit him; the unique smell resulting from too many perfume-wearing guests being packed into a too small room for a long time. It was horrible.

He made his way through the crowd rather quickly knowing not a single soul there. Everyone was clad in their finest suits and he felt out of place dressed in one of the more outlandish tux here. In his defense, he didn't have much of a choice seeing as how he had the manager drive him here as soon as he was done with the group schedule. He was literally dressed in his stage outfit but it doubles as a suit for formal events so he thought it should be fine. He just had a rather hard time removing all those chains and accessories on it while he was in the van here.

Crap, it's all seafood.

Growing up in Busan, he began to dislike seafood after having to make his way through seafood markets all the time on his way to school. He really don't care for that slippery texture of raw seafood either. 

He moved down the row of catered food to the dessert table. It was glorious. The committee really went all out this year, might've something to do with this year being it's anniversary. Atleast that's what he recalled his mom telling him during their last phone call.

Where are his parents anyway?

His mom is the recipient of the Dentist of the Year award tonight but as far as he could tell, she wasn't anywhere in the hall.

Chewing on a piece of mini meringue tart, he heard a female voice speaking in a foreign language. It sounded like Chinese but he couldn't be sure.

He looked up from his aimless scrolling on his iPhone to make eye contact with a young brunette. She was reaching for one of the tarts on the dessert stand in front of him, her outreached hand a couple of inches from his chest.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She sounds a tad bit out of breath as she spoke. The words coming out in Chinese before she could stop herself. She quickly caught her mistake and repeated herself but in Korean this time.

The guy was still staring at her, the space between his eyebrows slightly pinched. She broke eye contact with him and turned to her dad and asked if he wanted a tart as well.

"Tzuyu, you know your father can't have anything sweet right now", her mother, quick as a viper, answered her before her dad could. She totally forgot about that, carefully she placed the tart back.

Hwiyoung thought outloud, "You're from Twice."

This was a ball/year end award thing held by the Korean Medical Committee and she was merely here with her parents to support her aunt. Tzuyu didn't think that there would be anyone around her age attending, let alone anyone who would recognize her here.

She looked at him this time, really looked at him. Is he a fan? Should I offer to take a picture together?

But slowly, something clicked. She seen this face before-

The string quartet had started their opening piece then and they break eye contact simultaneously. The piece they were playing was majestic and eerie, ancient and melancholic-a waltz.

"You're a celebrity as well, aren't you?" It was more of an affirmation she was looking for than anything. She was already quite sure of the answer. If anything, his looks was already a big tell; handsome in a way that she could vividly picture him as both a model and an actor. 

"I think my van was parked right next to yours a few hours ago", he said this with a smile tugging on the corner of his mouth.


Didn't check for spelling or grammar, forgive meee. Next will be Chani x Saeron