Storm, hurt and rekindle.

STAND BY YOU

Their fight was wild. Monica and Hongwoo were yelling at each other without a care for feelings or respect. Monica didn't refrain from insults because her blood was boiling. The sight of Hongwoo enraged her and all because of what happened last night. 

 

She knew that dating a rapper wasn't easy but lately it felt like it wasn't a relationship and yes a situation. Hong woo was barely around. He spent countless nights at the studio recording and writing songs that Monica never heard of. He was slowly detaching from her and it hurt.

 

Her heart couldn't take another deception but it seemed so inevitable and Monica saw it. Last night went downhill for them. She had no doubts about their breakup, it was evident from the moment she saw him with another girl in the club.

 

They were dancing and Hong woo seemed to enjoy that moment quite a lot which disgusted her, and without notice, she pushed people out of her way, slapping the girl and then punching Hong woo in the face. 

 

He stood there as he watched her leave the club furious. And the next day, he showed up at her front door to explain the misunderstanding but Monica didn't want to hear his voice or be near him, she was livid and there wasn't an explanation for what he'd done, it was over.

 

“I saw you with that girl, don't lie to me, ”

 

There was hurt in her cracked voice, and tears fell down to her cheeks while Hong woo stood there, motionless.

 

“Please, let me explain. Just give me that chan--”

 

“There isn't nothing to explain, ” she interrupted. “I saw you and she was grinding you like a horndog, what else do you want to say, huh?”

 

He sighed. “That girl is someone that's been after me for a while--”

 

“Oh, that's perfect, a crazy chick after you and you're giving her the green light?”

 

“I didn't give her the green light, she drugged me, ”

 

“Drugged you?” Monica gasped in disbelief. 

 

“Yes, ” he nodded, “And if it wasn't for Jay, I would've done worst, ”

 

Suddenly, she found herself laughing bitterly. “So you think that dancing with her like that wasn't already the worst?”

 

“Monica please… you have to believe me, ” he pleaded.

 

“Just, just get out of my house, ” she said as she opened the door.

 

“Don't do this, please babe…”

 

Don't do this Monica...

 

“Get out, ”

 

Please, Hongwoo... just leave.

 

He shook his head as he grabbed his things, looking at her one more time before he walked out the door. Monica shut it, falling down to her knees as tears cascaded down her emerald eyes. A three-year relationship had come to an end, and there was no coming back.

 

Her chest was burning and she could barely breathe thinking of how she'd manage to live without him. While on the other side of the door, Hongwoo sat on the floor and blamed himself for being such an . For letting that girl take advantage of him when he had the best woman by his side.

 

But was it his fault?


 

One month later

 

She grew accustomed to his absence. Hongwoo wasn't there to hold and kiss her anymore and that was life. The job at the store took her mind off things. She spent her time focused on work and her friendships.

Hoody was very important during this stage. She took care of Monica and rooted for her happiness while secretly hoping for a rekindle. 

 

Tonight she insisted that Monica came to a place with her. It was a cafe downtown where a lot of musicians performed. She heard that someone dope would be singing tonight and she really wanted to go. Monica refused a few times but then gave in because it was better than staying home alone.

 

They arrived at the cafe and sat in the back, ordering two beers when the host appeared onstage and started talking to the crowd.

Monica felt a little tired and strange as something in her head told her that tonight something important would happen and that she had to trust her heart. And when she looked up, the man announced the first act.

 

Her eyes widened as her heart started pounding inside her chest. Hongwoo came on stage with a guitar, taking a seat and thanking everyone in the crowd, then he looked down as he started strumming his guitar, eyes closed while his lips sang softly on the microphone.

 

Even if you gain weight I'll stand by you

Don't worry about no make-up, I'll stand by you

I'll hold your hand, I got you…

 

When she noticed, he had tears in his eyes. The lyrics were touching and she seemed to relate more than she wanted.

 

“Wow, these lyrics are amazing, where did you get this inspiration from?”

 

He put the guitar down, looking at the crowd when his eyes found hers in a room with hundreds of people. He only saw her. There wasn't anyone around but her and when his lips stretched into a grin, she chuckled from a distance. 

 

“I wrote this song for my ex-girlfriend, she was the best thing I ever had and until today, I love her no matter what, ”

 

Everyone in the crowd awed and clapped their hands while Hongwoo's eyes were still locked onto hers and not even for a second had he averted them. 

 

Monica sat there, speechless as tears streamed from her eyes. When all of a sudden, Hongwoo left the stage and came running towards her. She stood with the intention of running away but her body froze when he called her name. Turning around she saw him standing on his knees as he took hold of her hand.

 

“Please forgive me, Monica. I know I'm at fault but I didn't mean for none of it to happen, ”

 

“He's right, ” Hoody chimed in. “That girl really drugged him, there is footage of her at the club putting the drug in his drink and then sending a waiter to offer it and there's also footage of Hongwoo curving her moments before,"

 

Those words were enough for her to feel like a complete idiot. After all, he wasn't lying about being drugged. The truth had surfaced and she felt embarrassed for insulting and mocking him. She actually doubted his words and still, he kept on loving her regardless.

 

“So, can you forgive me?” He stood up, wrapping his arms around her waist.

 

Their foreheads leaned against each other and she nodded.

 

The beam on his face was evident and he couldn't hide it, spinning her around as everyone clapped their hands and whistled. They shared a passionate kiss that had been lingering on their lips for so long and then left the club. 

 

“You really wrote that song for me?” 

 

“Of course, ” he grinned.

 

“So that means you're not leaving me if I gain weight?”

 

He chuckled. “Maybe?”

 

That earned him a punch on the arm. “I'm eating Macdonald’s  tonight, so you better stand by me, ”

 

“Yes Ma'am, “ he said as he kissed her cheek.

 

And since then, he always stood by her until the very end.