Fireflowers (Final)

어허야 둥기둥기 (Eoheoya Dunggi Dunggi)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Have you seen Hitomi anywhere, Eunbi-unnie?" Chaewon buzzed, gawking clutched sights from here to there, far and wide that her orbs would tumble only at the fresh exhibition of festival stalls, and serene delineation of flowery ornaments capered along stunning display. 

 

She couldn't believe the consternation she was concerning inside her vague memory. Hitomi was grappling softly on her hand, so delicately that her fingers might dance delicate liberation, and Chaewon frustrated that she could have at least appealed the slight frisk from the younger girl's slithering.

 

Now, she needed to find her, wherever she is. As swiftly as she could, because the older beauty pledged a comely promise that both would be together and together would discern that the patrolling wait for fireworks—"fireflowers," as Hitomi jestered sincerely—soon to kindle ablaze, and illustrate the night sky with remnants of glowing hues captivating.

 

"Don't tell me you lost her, Kim Chaewon. Didn't I tell you, you shouldn't be only holding her hand—you should also look back at times—at all times." Eunbi jarred. Chaewon was now grimacing in pestering such overwhelming reflection.

 

It was a very troubling situation.

 

Eunbi had a flowering faith for Chaewon and her sure conveyance. But it already came to banter to her, swiveling a cursing jive, that she most definitely just ridiculed her own responsibilty of ushering Hitomi anywhere she wanted to take tranquil and peppy leisure in.

 

Chaewon controlled her keening eyes, connecting with Eunbi's, awkwardly. "I can still find her, unnie. I—I did tell her to hold my hand tightly because of the crowds. She hates being around a lot of people—I know—I'm sorry." Chaewon muffled her own intonation, meddling such pardoned distress. She knew all about the excruciating phobia Hitomi had, and forthwith, the younger girl couldn't even have the miniscule chance to linger around the open spaces when the jostling circles of everyday commoners stream away, then link to each other, tattling the good reasons they have to speak suddenly of.


"Well, you better find her now. The fireworks display is almost starting, and I need to fetch Nako and Wonyoung, they've been walking around a lot through places we probably don't know of," Eunbi mattered as Chaewon beckoned her head, nodding a motioned 'yes'. "If you spot her, at least take her to a food stall selling breads to make her feel better—and this time don't gaze away from her once you do—got it?"

 

"Yes, I'll go off now. I promise I'll find her." Chaewon said, hurriedly.

 

No, she vowed to glimpse at the alluring bursts of contrasting emblems, stirring sensations up on the grim, somber and starless night, once hued a wild blue yonder during the radiant day—with a joyous and especially not a marooned Hitomi.

 

That moment will be unique.

 

And a moment that was mere unexampled, soon rare for both.

 

The lone girl quivered a wee goodbye to her elder well-wisher, tumbling a slight tender on her moping lips. "Okay, I won't lose my sight of her again! We'll be back before it starts. We definitely can't miss it."

 

While Eunbi stared at Chaewon for the last pace barelling feet on suntan ground, she propelled her head to the right atmosphere, scrutinizing the present glow of golden halcyon lanterns sprawled by rosy ornaments, flowerets carpeting their vines over the efflorescence dimming harmonious.

 

From there, she squinted carefully and found both a brief Nako heaped over an ecstatic Wonyoung's back, with the heightened one clinching onto Nako's limbs steadfastly. The taller girl liberated Nako to saddle quiescently, as to ease hums were departing gradually from the slumbering one's small mouth.

 

Never in Eunbi's age she would be ogling at children, with one soothed sleeping soundly as if Wonyoung rejoiced a peaceful lullaby, and the other tendering gently, trudging without discordant gall.

 

Wonyoung beamed, although whispered, and strolled to Eunbi, happily whistling."Eh...sorry we're a bit behind, Eunbi-unnie. Nako fell asleep and I couldn't just leave her on the grass looking like a lost child," And Wonyoung rained silent bliss, flickering dazzling eyes. "I have a lot to tell you about what the two of us did. Can we go back to the group, so I can share? I know I'm eager to."

 

"Alright, kiddo. Let's head back. Did you have fun?" Eunbi amused a mild-mannered smile, blooming satisfied. Just in time indeed, Wonyoung was surely sometimes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter