First Day

Missing Love

 

Rain has her hands up in the air as she felt her wind blow on her at the grassy field. Her eyes closed and her short hair being blown by the wind.
 
Once she opened her eyes, the wind stopped and it was time for her to go to school.
 
She ran with her bag and rides her bike.
 
As she made it inside the gate, no one looks at her direction to avoid eye contact. It's the same in 6 years she's been there.
 
She left her bike at the bike racks with a lock.
 
She grabbed her bag and went inside. Nobody dares to look at her nor glance at her.
 
One more step to her classroom and she will be contented when she heard loud noises at the entrance with a huge crowd in it.
 
Screams from girls came from her classroom and ran to her direction and went to the huge crowd.
 
Rain was having a hard time to concentrate on studying when the screams were getting louder and louder.
 
Rain was sitting on her chair while waiting the crowd to pass to see what's the commotion was all about when someone called her at the other door,"Oh! Rain! You're alone!"
 
"Hyo Rim'ah long time no see." she joked. Because of her, she wasn't able to see why there was a commotion that just passed by while they were talking.
"Yah, we just saw each other the other day." she nudged her softly in the arm with her hips while her hands in her pockets.
 
"It feels like a year if there's a day without you." she tilted her head. Hyo Rim was touched so she hugged her tight and Rain hugged her back.
 
"By the way, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at the clinic right now?" Rain asked.
 
"Can't a nurse have her personal time with her friend sometimes than staying in the clinic the whole day? Don't you like me visiting you?" she furrowed her eyebrows.
 
"Why wouldn't I?" she gave her famous eye smile.
 
They both laughed.
 
"Yah, do you know what's the commotion about?" she suddenly asked when she heard the noise becoming still.
 
Hyo Rim tries to recall what she just said,"Hm? Oh, that? Well, I heard that there are new students. And they said they were really good-looking so they became poplar in one blink! I only saw them once but I don't find them cute at all." she made a face.
 
"It's like we always say: Their opinions are always different from us." They both said in unison.
 
The bell rang and some students start to return back to class.
 
"I gotta go. See you at lunch, kay?" she said while walking away in backwards with her hands in her pockets.
 
"Okay, See you!" she waved.
 
 
 
 
 
~
 
 
 
 
 
"Annyeong!" a female teacher appeared.
 
"EH??" the classroom got shocked.
 
"Seosaengnim, you're our adviser?" a student asked.
 
The teacher chuckled, "Kurae. Wae? You don't wanna?" she teased.
 
"Aniyo" they all shook their heads.
 
"I can't believe Sandara Seonsaengnim is finally our teacher!"
 
 
"Saranghae Seonsaengnim!"
 
"She's realy cute you know?"
 
"She must be the prettiest and kindest of all teachers here. Not to mention, she's probably the youngest!"
 
"I think Kim Jung'ssi experienced having her as her adviser."
 
"Really?"
 
"You think so too?"
 
"We only experienced having Seonsaengnim as a substitue or a subject teacher."
 
"I think it was when she was in middle school."
 
"6 years?"
 
"I think so.."
 
Students kept on chattering but the teacher finally caught their attention.
 
"You probably know who I am already and well, I still have to introduce myself in the first day, but before that, I'll introduce you to your new classmate." she announced.
 
Their chattering starts again.
 
"New student?"
 
"Hottie?"
 
"Nerd?"
 
"Weirdo?"
 
"Jerk?"
 
"What do you think?"
 
"Hey, what about the new popular group?"
 
"You mean the one we named 'SHINee'?"
 
"Yeah! Oh, we don't know their names.."
 
"That's because all they just did was walk with us crowds and smile. How charming!"
 
"Oh yeah! Their seniors like us right?"
 
"Ooh! I hope one of them is a student in our classroom!"
 
*SHINee? So it is because of new students..* Rain thought.
 
"Calm down everyone. We'll not start unless you quiet down." she demanded.
 
The room slowly became silent.
 
"Good. Okay, meet the new senior, Lee Taemin." she signed for him to go in.
 
This time it's not a chattering anymore, there were SCREAMS.
 
"HIS FROM THEM!!"
 
"OH MY GOSH!!"
 
"I'M GONNA DIE!"
 
"He's so cute!!"
 
Rain sat up straight and stared at him deeply as she said, *Him? That's strange.. his name seems familiar..*