Final.

Waiting For You (Just One More Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes ♡

 

 

 

There’s almost two feet of snow on ground, the winter air is nipping at Sehun’s nose and he thinks his hands are going to freeze and fall off anytime soon. He’s always hated the cold, not sure why let Jongin convince him to come on this stupid skiing trip in the first place.

The shorter male next to him shivers as he pulls his thick coat closer to him. “I can’t believe they left without us,” he pouts. Oh yeah, Sehun thinks, that’s why. Baekhyun’s tomato red beanie is pulled down low, lower than he usually wears it, almost covering his eyebrows. The tip of his nose is almost the same color as the headwear due to the chilly wind and Sehun thinks he might combust from the adorable sight.

They’re here as a group, it was Chanyeol’s idea to come up here for winter break. He had offered to let them use his family’s cabin for the week. The ski lodge was a 30 minute drive away and today they decided to make that trip. Somehow, they left the lodge and headed back to their cabin without Sehun and Baekhyun.

Sehun texted Jongin about ten minutes after walking around the lodge looking for everyone. Jongin replied with ‘dude sorry didnt see u so thought u guys went back early w/ jongdae.’ So here they are, standing in a feet of snow with only their phones and wallets on hand.

“Think they’ll come back for us?” Sehun says, trying to keep his gawking under control before Baekhyun notices.

The shorter shrugs, buries his hands deeper into his pockets. “They can try, but the roads aren’t gonna be cleared up anytime soon. I doubt they’ll get that far.”

The taller feels his heart pounding his chest. This is going to be the first time the two of them are going to be completely alone together. Of course they’ve been together alone before, while waiting for Jongin or Jongdae to show up for the movies or sitting in Chanyeol’s living room as he makes dinner. Today, however, is the first time they’re actually going to be alone, alone. He knows he should be ecstatic, being stranded with his crush of two years is the perfect scenario, but a part of him thinks he might faint from the anxiousness.  

What is he even supposed to talk about? School? The weather? Damn was he lame or what.

“We should probably get a hotel room right?” Baekhyun says, looking up at the taller.

Sehun almost chokes on his own salvia. “W-What?”

“Since we won’t be able to get back to the cabin tonight? Shouldn’t we find a place to stay?” the shorter asks with a confused tilt of the head.

Sehun suddenly feels warm, the heat travels up his neck all the way to the tips of his ears and he quickly looks away before the other can notice. “O-oh, yeah. Right. We should.”

There’s a small bed and breakfast next to lodge and they’re both extremely relieved when the owner tells them they have one room left due to a last minute cancelation. They didn’t know what they would’ve done if they were all booked up.

“I can let you guys have this last room,” the old woman says, “but it only has one bed. Is that alright?”

Sehun feels the beating of his heart quicken as his eyes widen at the woman. “Uh-”

“Yeah, that’s fine!” Baekhyun chirps before the taller can say anything. “Thank you so much, we don’t know what we’d do without you.”

The woman smiles at them before putting them down for the room and giving them their room key. As they walk upstairs to their room Baekhyun goes on and on about how he can’t believe their friends left without them and how it’s a good thing there was one room left, but Sehun barely listens to him. He can’t quite concentrate, because there’s only one bed.

His hands start to sweat underneath his mittens and he can’t tell if it’s from the heat inside the building or because he’s imagining Baekhyun, the guy he’s been crushing on ever since the beginning of last year, lying down next to him. In the same bed. Just the two of them. Alone.

He’s not sure if he should be cheering for joy or running for the hills. He doesn’t have time to decide when his train of thought is interrupted as he feels a tug on his sleeve.

“Sehun, did you hear what I said?” the shorter asks with furrowed brows.

Sehun swallows hard before saying, “Uh, no sorry. What did you say?”

“I said we should make the guys pay for this room since they were the ones that abandoned us,” Baekhyun chuckles. The taller weakly chuckles, can’t find the energy to actually laugh because of his predicament at the moment.

  ❄❄❄

 

Their room is quaint and cozy with the bed in the center of the room taking up most of the space. All of the furniture is made of wood: wooden bed frame, wooden nightstand, wooden frame around the winter landscape painting hanging above the bed. Sehun finds it really nice, he’s always liked the cabin look. He just wished he wasn’t so damn nervous so he could actually enjoy it.

The bed looks very comfortable, with two plush pillows and the beautiful quilted blanket, but it also looks very small. Well, small for two people. This room seems like it’s supposed to be for a single guest and that makes the taller even more skittish.  

“I guess we’re gonna have to squeeze,” Baekhyun winks at him as he shrugs off his coat. The taller forces out a nervous laugh as he looks away and takes off his own jacket. He knows Baekhyun’s just being Baekhyun, but damn did he have to be so naturally flirty? He’s not sure if he can survive a whole night alone with him, let alone in the same bed as him.

“Cool if I take a shower first? I feel disgusting,” the shorter asks. Sehun turns around to nod, his jaw almost dropping to the floor when he sees that the other is already in the process of stripping, his shirt already on the floor.

“U-Uh,” he stammers, “S-Sure. Go ahead.” Sehun turns around so fast he almost gives himself whiplash. The pink dusting the apples of his cheeks is definitely noticeable and the last thing he needs is for Baekhyun to notice and question him about it.

“You can join me if you want, you know, save water,” Baekhyun teases with a sly smirk before disappearing into the bathroom. Pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter