His kindness

Chasing the Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

The school was back being exhausting and stressful and I was contemplating many times if an education is worth losing half of my hair and, probably more significantly, even keys to my apartment.

It happened on Wednesday and when I found out, I almost ted myself – my roommate had just left the town for the next few days, so there was no one who would let me in. On the top of that, it was late evening and pouring rain; you know, one of those refreshing summer showers that fall from the sky and make all the lovers dance in the streets, enjoying their youth and silliness, sharing wet embraces and kisses.

However, when I stood there, in front of the door that was locked tight, with a bag full of that weighed more than I, soaking wet and for some reason shivering of cold, I almost lost my cool.

Almost.

But Kang Sora is a warrior that won’t be defeated by the weather.

That I decided after a short episode of pathetic crying which I hid in my sleeve and when some random woman approached me, asking me if I was okay, I could at least blame those wet traces on my cheeks on the rain.

I was left with a few options, yet none of them seemed ideal. I could stay here, in front of the door, lay myself to sleep and hope for a merciful death. I could call one of my classmates, those naïve darlings who are still kinda fond of me; at least one would let me stay at their place for a couple of days, no questions asked.

Or I could make some horrible, terrible decision I’m going to regret.

So, with a deep sigh, I took the phone out of my pocket, picked my poison and emotionlessly listened to those prolonged beeps.

“Jonginnie? Hey, honey. Listen… I need to ask you a favour.”

***

I never thought I’d be in Jongin’s apartment, especially not this late in the evening; especially because I forbid myself even setting a foot nearby. But stress can be a .

(Yes, let’s blame it on the stress and ignore the fact that I’m an impulsive and self-control lacking wench.)

“Thanks again,” I mumbled as he took the heavy bag out of my hands, placing it on the kitchen table.

“No problem,” he just waved his hand, a smile plastered all over his beautiful face; he looked especially good today. Maybe it was the evening mood he was cloaked in that made his features to stand out, however, his jawline never seemed so sharp and his hair so silky. I already knew his body was lean and firm, yet the way the simple white tank top revealed his shoulders and arms, was almost sinful. And dressed in those grey sweatpants, his looks were screaming “boyfriend material” to my face so loud, it was almost painful.

“But you should take a hot shower,” thankfully, he didn’t notice my glaring, “You are shivering. Which is remarkable, since it’s still like 30 degrees outside.”

“Yeah. Cold heart, cold hands. gets what deserves,” I blurted out vacantly while looking around his kitchen. Love the dead flower on the window, what a nice touch.

My fascination with that dried piece of what used to a plant was the reason I almost didn’t notice that strange, almost worried look Jongin gave me. I saw it with a corner of my eye and before I could bring my attention to it and fully analyse it, it was gone.

“I’ll get you a clean towel and then, maybe I could cook something for you?” he offered artlessly nonetheless.

I ended up turning his offer down, however tempting it was. I needed a shower and a good night sleep; that’s what I told him and that’s precisely what I got.

***

Jongin was a rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter