Final

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was mad, furious even, it was the fourth time and she knows that Nayeon was busy with work but it was no reason for the girl to not at least text her that she’ll be late for no less than an hour—especially in their anniversary. She sighed, staying on her seat not minding that there was almost no light in the kitchen except from the small one coming from the corner of the room, and stirs the coffee she had prepared herself for the second time to stay awake while waiting. It was almost eleven o’ clock and she doesn’t have the slightest idea whether her girlfriend would even show up to celebrate with her.

She was never the whiny type, but she would always make it clear with Nayeon whatever it is that she’s feeling; one would say, she was an honest person when it comes to her emotions. Mina was not an inferior to her own feelings, knowing how to control them and act to them appropriately. She’s aware of it, yet there are also times that she just wants to shout—scream to the top of her lungs—because of feeling too much yet not knowing how else she can take care of it. It rarely happens, but when it does, she gets more frustrated over herself than anything else.

When the sound of the door opening and closing was heard, Mina refused to stand up from her seat to face the one she’s been waiting for since earlier. She’s still angry, and she doesn’t want to see the sheepish grin and apologetic face that she’s sure she would see on Nayeon’s face once they meet face to face. It wasn’t the first time that the older girl would do something like this, thinking that one apology would be enough to make everything better. Mina had always let it pass, but she’s tired, and she knows she has every right to rest from it.

Mina wanted to at least have a few more minutes before she starts talking to Nayeon. She has always been the calmer and quiet one, but right now she’s mad, and the two of them had stayed together long enough to know that it wasn’t a simple work to make it up for Mina once she loses herself into madness just as anyone else. Arguing with the older girl was not even in her mind, but she could already picture the two of them doing just that once she opened to ask for an explanation. It might have only been her assuming what would happen, but she’s experienced this kind of situation more than enough for her to learn exactly how it goes.

Nayeon has always been ready with her apology, as if she knows that Mina was just waiting for it so she can finally say she forgive her for whatever she’s done. But not this time. Not when Mina wants something more than apologies, something that’ll tell her that Nayeon wasn’t just taking her for granted. The younger one wants reassurance that Nayeon still wants her and not just used to being with her.

Finally having enough of being alone with her thoughts, Mina made her way to the living room. It was dark except the lamp from the side table near the sofa that Nayeon was sitting on, her back facing Mina who was frozen as soon as she got the glimpse of the girl’s silhouette; back slouching with hands covering her face. Heavy breathes could be heard and even from only watching, Mina could feel something heavy burdening her girlfriend. It worried her, she’s not used to seeing Nayeon like this.

Nayeon was the kind of person who is loud; whenever she’s frustrated, whenever there’s something that upsets her to the point of crying, Nayeon would always be the one who would speak her mind without a second thought, without breaking, and would always find her smile back right after any misfortunes. Even when there are times that Nayeon did mistakes, the girl would always have a smile and face every problem with a brave heart to fix it. Because Nayeon has always been the brightest person Mina knows, she’s never seen any shadows surrounding the other girl. Nayeon has always refused to let everyone else see how dark her shadow is.

As soon as she took another step, she saw Nayeon flinching before turning to her in surprise—shocked written all over her face as soon as she saw Mina walking towards her. Nayeon stood up, nervous to be caught at that very second when she’s sure that Mina would have been back to her own home by then.

It was her fault, Nayeon knows. She should have called or texted, and maybe add to it was that she should have explained to Mina that she wouldn’t be able to meet her right on time. But Nayeon was exhausted since that morning: she never bothered to check the date and time as she goes to her routine that day, going to work as her body refuses to give in as much as her mind was. She would have preferred home but she got no choice, there are lots of things to do for her and her boss has been especially hard on her more than before. The only time she has got to smile that day was when she got Mina’s text to meet her that evening, but even that she couldn’t do right.

It’s true that she’s only able to get off from work late, but still it was early enough so she could have still met with Mina whom she knows would still be there. If she had run fast enough to meet her, then Mina wouldn’t have had to wait hours for her to be home. But Nayeon felt every step she makes has gone heavier by the minute and that the second she was alone in her car, she couldn’t even make herself start it no matter how much she forces herself to. She wants to go home, yet she knows Mina was waiting for her there. She knows that it was a bad choice on her part, but she lets herself stay in the comfort of her car, being alone, and bathe herself in silence. She didn’t notice the time and when she has gotten back to her senses it was already more than an hour that she stayed there doing nothing.

“Mina,” Nayeon started, relieved to at least know that the room was dark enough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter