sweetest delight

sweetest delight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think she’s hungry,” Yukhei observed. 

Jungwoo looked up from folding their clean laundry. Yukhei was holding their daughter upright against his chest and bouncing lightly to keep her calm. He was having skin on skin contact with her and creating a bond. It was obvious that Yukhei and Dahee already had a bond especially since she was eight weeks old, but Yukhei loved the way that Dahee clung to him when she could feel his direct heat on her own skin. 

The only difference this time around was that Dahee was trying to latch onto Yukhei’s skin. Her face was resting against his upper chest and his was relatively close to and being so familiar with the area, she was trying to latch on and eat her next meal. She was just missing terribly and trying to figure out what was wrong.

Jungwoo laughed, watching the concern on Yukhei’s face as he gently tried to ween Dahee away from his skin, “She’s going to give me hickeys on my chest,” Yukhei whined, finally pulling Dahee away and holding her in just his arms, hand holding the back of her head and the other hand holding her bottom with her body resting against his arm. Dahee looked a little bewildered being pulled away from her father and losing that warmth, her round eyes staring right into Yukhei’s. She had his same eyes. 

Jungwoo pouted and finished folding the onesie he had in his hands before moving to pull off his shirt. He tossed the material to the side and looked down at his swollen s. He hadn’t fed Dahee in close to two hours and his s were already feeling the strain and pressure from being full. Dahee had such a rigorous feeding schedule and it was always on the dot. She was consistent and it was quite the ordeal for her. 

His s were starting to leak and he would need to feed his daughter then or he would make a mess of himself. He turned and grabbed a thin blanket sitting close by that was specifically used for when Jungwoo fed and wanted to keep his modesty, “Give her here,” Jungwoo smiled, arms held out to hold his daughter. 

Yukhei smiled and turned his head to look at his daughter again, “It’s time for food,” he coos, placing a gentle kiss just under her lips. Dahee had the fullest pair of lips and they were pouty all the time. When she slept, they were pursed and permanently sticking out. They were exactly like Yukhei’s, “Eat well.”

“You say that like I’m a machine and I just make her food,” Jungwoo joked as he took Dahee into his arms and guided her to his left . She latched on almost instantly and immediately started to le, the pressure in Jungwoo’s lifting as she ate. Jungwoo was quick to bring the blanket up and cover the other side of his chest and cover his body, tucking the material around Dahee to keep her warm and close. 

Jungwoo stared down at his daughter with all the admiration in the world. She was awake and aware, eyes looking around and at one point, her dark irises traveled up to look right at Jungwoo, “Hey there, my little star,” Jungwoo greeted, eyes crinkling with a smile. 

Dahee was just starting to smile, her lips moving reflexively. She reacted sometimes to high fluctuations in voices and when Jungwoo paired that with a ridiculously wide smile, she reacted the best. Hearing the nickname Jungwoo gave her never failed to make Dahee smile, even though she couldn’t understand what he was saying. 

Seeing her priceless and toothless smile was worth every second they had gone through already. And even with a in , it was still so wide and beautiful. She had Jungwoo's smile and it reflected his perfectly. 

“Oh my Lord, she takes after you,” Yukhei spoke as he took his seat right next to Jungwoo. His long fingers swirled a particularly curly section of her hair. She had been born with a full head of thick, dark hair and while babies usually lost their hair after birth, she still had every strand. Yukhei always liked to style her fluff into a mohawk and it stood tall on top of her head. 

“What do you mean?” Jungwoo asked, shifting Dahee so she was balanced in both of his arms. She was getting heavier but she was still so small. 

Yukhei smiled his million dollar smile, perfect teeth all in a row and all for Jungwoo, “She takes after your good looks and how beautiful you are and how gorgeous and how stunning and how perfect you are,” Yukhei listed, ending with a kiss on the cheek. He looked so giddy and in a trance as he spoke to his husband and listed all the adjectives he could think of that meant beauty. His nose nuzzled across Jungwoo’s features as he peppered kisses along the smooth skin. 

Jungwoo smiled and truly appreciated his husband’s encouragement. He had had such a hard time feeling self-confidence during his pregnancy and Yukhei had been there before Jungwoo could get too deep into his thoughts. Yukhei had worshipped his body, especially when he was pregnant and now, not pregnant and still clinging to his baby weight, he still worshipped Jungwoo’s body. In all honesty, Jungwoo didn’t care what he looked like. His body was proof that he carried his daughter to full term and took care of her. His body was proof that he loved his daughter. 

“She does take after me,” Jungwoo played, smiling wide at his husband, “I guess she is pretty beautiful. Just like me,” Yukhei laughed at his husband’s antics and pressed further into his side, moving his lips down to place a kiss on their daughter’s soft forehead, “She doesn’t look anything like you because my genes are just too beautiful," which wasn't entirely true. Dahee had Yukhei's eyes and lips, but everything else was a copy of Jungwoo's. 

Yukhei chuckled and moved back up to kiss Jungwoo on the lips, “I’m fine with that. That just means that I have the most beautiful husband ever and the most beautiful daughter ever. I’m the luckiest man ever.”

“Being a dad makes all your jokes and all your flirting ten times worse,” Jungwoo laughed, lifting Dahee’s head a bit higher so she had better access to his , “And you know what, I love it. Ten times more.”

Yukhei smiled, “That makes me so happy to hear. That means I can do it more?” he asked, resting one hand comfortably right under where Dahee was resting. This happened to be his soft stomach, still puffy with baby weight and so incredibly cute. Jungwoo looked good stick thin and he looked good a little thick. 

Jungwoo smiled, “Of course, I love it. Makes me feel special,” he spoke truthfully, looking down as Dahee pulled away from his . He could feel how the pressure was completely gone and she would need to switch sides to continue eating. 

Already knowing what was going to happen next, Yukhei pulled the thin blanket away to reveal Jungwoo’s body, the other already leaking. Jungwoo was quick to switch sides, Dahee not even looking phased as she instantly attached to the right and finished eating. She was so good at latching on, she had been since her first feeding and Jungwoo had been grateful for that. He felt so accomplished being able to provide for his daughter and keep her healthy. Jungwoo had a friend who couldn’t even feed, the tissue and glands unable to produce anything and that left them with a very expensive formula bill. Nothing was wrong with formula, but actually feeding his daughter through himself was an amazing feeling. 

Jungwoo let his head loll onto Yukhei’s shoulder as the two looked down at their daughter. Both had wide smiles on their faces and their hearts were warm and full. 

She didn’t take too long before she was finished eating and Jungwoo moved onto burping her. Dahee was starting to keep awake while feeding and it always made burping her easier. 

Jungwoo set her on the couch for a second to slip his shirt back on and cover himself. Then he grabbed a burp cloth and put it over his shoulder before he picked Dahee back up and set her over the burp cloth. Already patting her back, Jungwoo stood up and started bouncing from side to side as he used his palm to lightly pat the air bubbles out of her tummy. 

Dahee cooed against Jungwoo’s shoulder, bright eyes wandering from corner to corner. She was too young to track with her eyes and she could make out light and objects close to her face, but she couldn’t really tell what she was looking at a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter