What Happens After A Breakup

Not The Love Story I Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's pov

"Unnie, you can't hide in your house forever. At least contact us please, we are worried about you" 

The voicemail continues to play as I lay on my couch with one arm covering my eyes and the other dangling off the couch, holding onto a bottle of wine I found seating in my kitchen cabinet. Dried up tears stains visible on my cheeks and i'm still wearing clothes from days ago, my hair is all greasy and tangled but I don't have any intention on changing my current situation. This is a far cry from the usual chic and elegant Jennie Kim, even I would be shock by my current state a few weeks piror.

Hearing the erupt 'Ding' from my phone, I let the arm sling over my eyes slide down and pick up my phone laying on the wooden table next to the couch, my eyes squinting from the bright light coming from the phone, I thought it would be another text from Lisa or Chaeyoung but it's from the person that landed me in this pathetic state. 

"Having fun chilling with my new boyfriend!" As I read the words off my phone, I could feel tears bubbling up once more. I hate how I still follow her social media but I can't help wanting to know how is she without me, seems like I'm not worth her tears or even her attention. 

" Kim Jisoo, why are you doing this to me? Didn't you said you will keep my tears for me?" I mumbled under my breath, I still can't take my eyes off that photo. Despite resenting the fact that she's kissing the guy on the cheeks and the guy having his arms wrap around her waist, I'm still mersmerized by her beauty. 

Flashback

"Jendeuk, why are you up here crying?" I lift my head to meet Jisoo's disapproving gaze, I sniffed as she make her away to seat next to me

"How did you find me?" I questioned in a soft voice, using my sleeves to wipe most of my tears away

"Yah you pabo, you always come to the rooftop whenever you're down. So do you want to tell me what happened?"

I hesitaited for a moment, not because I don't trust her but because i'm afraid she might end up thinking i'm at fault too. But the moment she place her warm palm on top of my head, carressing my hair, I end up spilling everything to her.

"Those girls think that I'm a that only seeks attention from others especially the boys. They also say someone like you shouldn't associate youself with me" The whole time, I kept my head held low. Then I felt Jisoo's fist hitting the top of my head replacing her soothing touch.

"Sometimes I wonder how did you managed to get your straight As. Those s are just jealous about your beauty, kindness, talent, smartness. Don't you waste your precious tears on them" Her fingers gently carress my cheeks, removing the remaining tear stains. 

"Even if the whole world is against you, I would always stand by your side. You can't get rid of me so easily" She teased

"And, I'm keeping your tears from now on" Looking at her cheeky smile, I could only feel mine showing on my face.

 

Throwing my phone on the table, I can only feel more heartache at reminising our past memories. I pour the remaining wine down my throat, feeling it burn my throat, the only thing reminding me of the fact that i'm still alive. Tossing the bottle away, I stood from my couch and walk to my room, opening the drawer of my desk, I took out the contents and lay them on my bed.

It's actually pictures and items from our relationship. Most of the photos is her since it's taken by me except those rare occasion of her snatching my camera away and snapping photos of me. Looking at those photos of her just eating, sleeping or watching the television makes me realize how much more I miss her presence, I remembered waking up early just to snap shots of her sleeping and hearing her soft snores. And there's also that matching ring that we got for each other during our 5th anniversary, I wonder if she still keeps hers, maybe she already threw hers away. I slide the ring down my ring finger and look at how perfect it fits on my finger after all this time. It's not a fancy ring but just her name being crafted in the inside of the ring was enough to make me feel touched.

Flashback

"What did you get for me Jen?" Jisoo pout as she watch her girlfriend hold her gift behind her back mysteriously.

" I will show you once you show me what you got" I calmly replied, this is a game that has been going on since their first anniversary. Both of us always tries to get a better gift for the other, not in terms of price but in terms of meaning.

Jisoo frowned, she doesn't want to give in but she's really curious about Jennie's gift especially with how secretive her girlfriend has been recently. She sigh and took her gift out from her handbag, it's a enclosed in a black mini box completed with a simple gold ribbon. 

"Let's open at the same time" Jisoo suggested seeing as to how she finally caught the latter's attention. I agreed considering how stubborn both of us can be, this can drag up to hours. My gift is also a mini box with it being in a lilac colour and the addition of a red ribbon.

"one, two, three" both of us opened our gift. To our surprise, we both got the same ring for each other. The only difference is the name being crafted on the inside of the ring. 

"Unnie,you followed me!" I narrowed her eyes at Jisoo who was seating across her.

"That's my line!" both of them had a mini staredown before bursting into laughter.

"Now you can't escape from me muhaha" Jisoo pretend to cackle evily as the ring occupies my ring finger. I coud only shake my head disapprovingly at my girlfriend's antics but the happiness I felt is shown on my face by my gummy smile. 

 

A sudden knock from the door brought me out from my train of thoughts, I wiped the tears that unknowingly slipped out and went to check on the uninivted guest, most probably it's Chaeyoung and Lisa trying to make sure their unnie is not dead yet. I open the wooden door and come face to face with the one and only Kim Jisoo. There's so many things I want to ask her, I want to know why did things became like this, I want to beg for her to turn back to how she was but when you actually meet someone who caused you so much pain, you won't know if you want to push her away or hold her close. Having her so near me, smelling that sweet fruity scent that belongs soley to her, I can only stand there like a fool.

"Can you please stop wasting my time, I have somewhere to be"Jisoo tap her feet impatiently, arms crossed infront of her chest. 

" What brings you here?" I shuffled my feet timidly, I felt like I just went back in time to years back when I first met her and was taken away by her beauty.

"This is also my home, why can't I be here? I just came to take something and I will be out of your way before you know it" She arch an eyebrow and entered the house, slightly bumping me in the process.

I sat at the couch, i'm still proccessing the fact that she's in the house currently, I'm not sure what she needs when she took pretty much all her stuff with her that day when she decided to leave. Not to mention how ty I look now, I must have look like a clown in her eyes.

I heard a crash somewhere and quickly stood up rushing to the source of the sound. I found Jisoo laying on the floor with a broken vase nearby, glass shards occupying every corner of the room, I noticed some shards also went into her skin mostly her arms. I grasp her arms and sling it over my neck, before lifting her up and carrying her bridal style out of the room. 

"Stay here" I put her down on the couch gently and went to find the first aid kit. 

"Where is it...I rememered it being somewhere here" I muttered and continue digging through the shelf in the guest room. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter