quatre,

winter miracle

lol this chapter is longer than the other 3 combined. I wrote it in a rush so maybe lots of mistakes can be made. Please leave some comments if you like it 'cause i love reading them. Anyways enjoy!!

***

It was Kyungwon’s pre-birthday party where Minkyung and Yaebin, once again, reunited. The reason why it was called a ‘pre-birthday party’ was because, after living with her parents for 16 years, Kang Kyungwon knew there was no way her strict and religious parents would allow her to have a wild teenage party, consisted of loud music, drunken bodies and inappropriate acts, under their roof. Parents definitely had no clue of how a proper party should be thrown. For the past 15 years, every single birthday party of Kyungwon was pretty much the same, with her parents invited all her relatives over for dinner, they would all pray before digging in, would eat in silence and then the adults would talk about some political stuffs which clearly, Kyungwon had got no interest in at all. And she wasn’t allowed to leave the table either, until all the guests went home. So somehow that helped train Kyungwon’s sleeping-with-eyes-wide-open ability. They were more like deathdays for her than birthdays.

 

This year, she wanted things to be different. Therefore, being a smartass herself, and a rebellious teenager, Kyungwon decided to throw a party on a Friday night which was two weeks before her actual birthday, when her parents went to visit her grandmother in Gwangju for the weekend.

 

The clock hadn’t even hit 8, yet Kyungwon’s house itself started to smell like a homeless alcoholic. Snacks scattering everywhere on the floor, blaring sounds of heavy metal rock music, typical Kyungwon, people were screaming their heads off acting like those wild animals on National Geographic Channel. For those with sensitive hearings, they might also have caught the ual sounds from some couples in the horde of people dancing in the living room. Luckily, Kyungwon’s family lived in a mansion on top of a hill, and the nearest neighbor lived at least 1km away from them, or else the cops would have knocked on her door right now because of the noise pollution her party was causing.

 

Kang Yaebin was certainly not a party animal. She would choose to stay at home reading while listening to Cigarettes After over anything. Kyungwon and her were always like fire and water, yet somehow they managed to stay close to each other like real sisters. After almost 2 hours of whining on the phone while spamming Yaebin’s inbox, Kyungwon finally succeeded in getting Yaebin to join her party. She hoped after that night, Yaebin would turn into this reckless teenager like her and enjoyed her precious youth, not having books written about other people’s perfect life and romance stacked in front of her face like usual.

 

‘Little Kang, you should be grateful that I am making an effort to change your life for the better, starting off tonight.’ Kyungwon thought to herself.

 

In a way, Kang Yaebin did feel thankful for Kang Kyungwon’s invitation. It was because as soon as she managed to squeeze her way through the crowd of wasted people, the sight in front of her eyes were beyond Yaebin’s wildest dream.

 

Kim Minkyung was there, sitting on a red velvety sofa, holding a glass of champagne in her hand, looking as alluring as ever. Oh well, when didn’t she?

 

How could she even forget that? The fact that Minkyung was Kyungwon’s best friend, and it was very likely that they would bump into each other here, at Kyungwon’s party. She would have gotten dressed much better if she knew Minkyung would also be here. Yaebin silently cursed herself. Wearing an oversized ‘Antisocial Social Club’ black hoodie and some ripped jeans, she felt way too underdressed to let the goddess in a strapless black mini-dress perceive her existence with her holy foxy eyes. So, for the whole night, Yaebin tried her best to stay out of Minkyung’s sight, but she was still standing close enough to catch every movement of her crush.

 

Yes, after almost 10 years, Yaebin finally realized what her feeling towards Kim Minkyung was. Simply put, it was indeed a crush. She liked Kim Minkyung in a way just like what she loved to read in those cheesy romantic novels. Like how Noah loved Allie dearly and never gave up on their relationship. Like how Clarence and Alabama would literally fire guns at whoever tried to split them up. Kim Minkyung had got her infatuated with her beauty, inner and outer. When she was smaller, Yaebin thought that it was just purely gratitude and admiration. She was grateful that Minkyung chose to approach and befriend her, or for the time when Minkyung helped her on the street. She admired Minkyung for her charming personality, ethereal appearance and her kind acts. It wasn’t until when she found herself stalking on Minkyung’s social media for her own pleasure, that she came to the conclusion that she - Kang Yaebin had fallen hard for the owner of those Instagram and Facebook accounts.

 

However, the cruel reality came crashing down at such a fast pace that Yaebin didn’t even start to fantasize about how that special night would turn out to be.

 

Kim Minkyung wasn’t sitting alone on that couch. There was also a boy, whose hand was possessively placed on Minkyung’s tiny waist, hugging her closely to his side. She seemed happy while having a conversation with him. They stole a few kisses from each other here and there, which confirmed Yebin current suspicion of them being a couple. She frowned in annoyance and misery to her new discovery. Of course, there was no way a beautiful girl like Kim Minkyung was still single, unlike the pathetic gay named Kang Yaebin. Within a snap of her slender fingers, a long line of guys, probably girls too, wishing to date her would quickly form in front of Minkyung, each holding a bouquet of pretty flowers in their hands, ready to confess their feelings. The disturbing image of him and her together crushed Yaebin’s pure heart into pieces.

 

‘Stupid crush.’ Yaebin mumbled quietly. She then left the scene as an attempt to save herself from feeling even more pathetic and broken. Maybe it was a sign, a sign for her to stop wasting time on daydreaming about a bright and non-existent future for her and that certain someone. Kang Yaebin was strong, she was capable of enduring any sort of pains and hardships, but not those which involved falling for a straight girl. That was a big no no.

 

Consuming alcohol is probably the best medication for her aching heart right now, therefore, she did. Yes, Kang Yaebin was underage, and so were many other friends of Kyungwon who went to this party, hence that didn’t really matter. It took her almost an hour of suffering from that middle-aged man’s stinky feet on her bus to get here, so there was no way she would waste the night crying and acting like she had some sort of depression because of a bad break-up.

 

Kang Yaebin was a light-weight drinker. In fact, this was the first time ever came in contact with that bitter substance. Of all the different kinds of liquors, she chose to shove a shot of Vodka down . As expected, was burned badly. Every single tissue in her body started to flame up as the liquid spread throughout her system. It was an uneasy feeling, but at the same time, it eased her troublesome mind and stopped her from going further into her toxic train of thoughts. She felt good, like really really good. Fortunately, Yaebin wasn’t the type that got drunk and start a fight with people, instead, she passed out almost immediately on Kyungwon’s bedroom balcony under the bright moonlight.

 

Yaebin didn’t know how long she had slept for, but she found herself waking up on Kyungwon’s soft  pillows and warm blanket. It was dark in the room, the only time it brightened up was when Yaebin her phone to check the time.

 

‘2:54, not too bad then. It’s been like 3 hours only.’ She had expected to have passed out for like 2 to 3 days tho, because right now, her two cerebral hemispheres were banging against each other like there was Captain America and Iron Man fighting inside her little brain. God it hurt so ing bad.

 

Most people have left the place by the time Yaebin managed to go downstairs. It was much quieter, but loud laughter and noisy conversation could still be heard from the living room. Peeking an eye into the living room, she saw that the only people who stayed were their best mates, which included Kyulkyung and her girlfriend - Nayoung, Jung Eunwoo, Baekhyun and Jongin. And Kim Minkyung. And Kim Minkyung’s boyfriend. ‘Great. ing great ey.’ Yaebin let out a huge sigh, she then turned around and headed to the kitchen to fetch a cup of cold water to sober up. Maybe she could flee out of there through the kitchen backdoor, probably no one saw her came down anyways.

 

“Hey, are you feeling better now? You should sleep a bit longer. It’s been only a few hours.”

 

Yaebin was startled, almost choked on her water, by whoever decided to just come in there and scared the out of her with their voice. When she turned around to see who it was, Yaebin’s face went pale in the immediate recognition of those oh-so familiar foxy brown eyes. Kim Minkyung was standing there, near the doorframe, talking to her. Well she thought so, because there was no one else but them in that particular small space of Kyungwon’s kitchen.

 

“Y-yeah, I’m a bit better now. There’s just a slight throbbing pain in my head tho.” Yaebin replied, gluing her eyes to the attractive brown wooden floor while rubbing both of her temples.

 

“Great! Just in time!”

 

Yaebin didn’t even have time to interpret Minkyung’s comment when the older girl quickly ran to her direction, okay she ran right pass her, to the stove and turned it off. Something had been cooking this whole time yet Yaebin didn’t care to notice, until the smell of that delicious broth started to attack her nose.

 

“I made some haejangguk (hangover soup) for those drunken idiots out there to eat tomorrow morning. But you can eat it now if you want, it’ll help cure your headache.” Minkyung said while pouring some of that soup into a small bowl without waiting for the other girl’s reply.

 

“Th-thanks.” Yaebin awkwardly muttered before she started to slurp down the mouth-watering hot soup which was a bless from the goddess to her.

 

“Wow unnie, you should join MasterChef or something, because this soup is a whole another level. I’m not joking. Haha.”

 

“I’m flattered that you like it so much Yaebin-ah.” Minkyung happily took Yaebin’s compliment with a wide grin on her face.

 

And that was the second time Kang Yaebin got choked within a span of 10 minutes. How did she even know Yaebin’s name? All this time Yaebin thought she was a stranger and that her existence is completely oblivious to the one and only Kim Minkyung.

 

“Oh by the way, when I went to Kyungwon’s room to get some stuffs, I saw you were sleeping outside on the balcony, and I’m worried that you might catch a cold…. so… I carried you inside. Hope you don’t mind.” Minkyung casually explained to her while munching on a piece of chip.

 

“Oh, you…you were the one who carried me onto the bed? Th-thanks. Again.”

 

‘What the hell is wrong with you, stop stuttering Kang Yaebin ah!!’ Yaebin mentally scolded herself.

 

“Nah, it’s fine. It’s just that I’m a decent human being.” Minkyung with jokingly replied with a mischievous wink, and for one second, Yaebin thought she was going to pass out for the second time that night.

 

‘Dear God, why would you let Kim Minkyung treat me so romantically nicely like this once I decided to stop this hopeless little crush?’

 

“Babe! What’s taking you so long? Come back here!”

 

‘Oh, so now you heard my prayer. Thank God.’ It wasn’t long until Yaebin’s blooming hope got smashed when she heard Minkyung’s boyfriend shout from the living room. ‘Right, like she has said, she was just being nice to you because she is a decent human being.’ Yaebin sighed for the n times that night.

 

“I’ll be right there in a sec! Oh by the way, we’re gonna play some games soon. So after you finish eating, come join us?”

 

“Alright.”

 

Because saying no to Kim Minkyung was considered to be the biggest sin to be committed in Yaebin’s cult.

 

“Okay, see ya babe.” With that, Minkyung quickly stood up and ran to her boyfriend’s warm embrace, leaving a flustered Yaebin behind.

 

‘Nope, she did not use that word to call me. Nope.’ Yaebin shook her head in denial to what she had heard.

 

“Oh look, the sleeping beast is back! Thought that you have slept your way to hell already cousin. But anyways, more people more fun!!” Yaebin rolled her eyes to Kyungwon’s statement.

 

“So what are we gonna play?” Kyulkyung asked with her head leaning on Nayoung’s shoulder, both hands clinging onto the latter’s left one.

 

“Truth or dare!!” Eunwoo excitedly exclaimed.

 

“Really? But we’re not middle schoolers anymore Eunwoo ah. That game is .” Yaebin made a face to show her disgust to the mentioned game.

 

“How about we do a more adulty version?” Eunwoo seductively raising one side of her non-existing eyebrows while talking.

 

“Oooh I’m interested.” Kim Jongin, who had been quietly observing  the cheerful puppy-like guy sitting next to him, spoke up while intensively scanning the latter’s body as if his eyes had the ability to see through people’s clothes.

 

“Ugh ert hormonal boys. Keep your peepee inside your thongie dude.” The Chinese gay girl rolled her eyes.

 

“Oh shush you er.” Jongin stuck his tongue out mimicking the sensitive action.

 

“Alright shut the up all of you! Let’s start before I get even more drunk to acknowledge anything else.” Kyungwon, who barely kept her eyes open, ended the gay versus lesbian fight.

 

They formed a small circle in the middle of the living room with an empty beer bottle right at the centre. Yaebin wasn’t so sure whether it was a bless or a curse for Minkyung to sit right opposite to her, leaning her head on her boyfriend’s shoulder. She learned that the guy’s name was Jaehyun, the MVP of their school’s basketball team, a flower boy with good manner. He was probably the best match for her goddess, but still, that didn’t mean she enjoyed seeing them acting all lovey dovey with each other like this.

 

“So who’s gonna go first?” Kyungwon spoke up, breaking Yaebin’s trail of thoughts.

 

“Let spin the bottle and whoever it lands on will go first!” Kyulkyung excitedly leaned ahead to grab the bottle and gave it a spin.

 

And it landed on Jongin.

 

“Alright dude. Truth or dare?”

 

“Truth. I’ll start off slowly.”

 

“Okay… What is the best experience you have ever had?”

 

“7th grade. Got a from this senior, I can’t remember his name anymore, on a bouncing house in Lotte World. It was bouncy and new to me, so yeah, it felt pretty good.”

 

“Don’t ing tell me that it was the Madagascar bouncing house. I used to go there every week.”

 

“Yes, it was the Madagascar one. We did it behind Marty’s .”

 

“Ewwww. Thank you for ruining one of my most precious childhood memory you dickhead.”

 

“You’re welcome hun.”

 

“Alright alright, spin it Jongin ah”

 

The bottle landed on Yaebin.

 

“Dare.” She nonchalantly announced.

 

“Alright, let see how much of a good kisser you are. I dare you to kiss and make Nayoung noona moan haha.” The challenge was from Baekhyun. Who would have thought an innocent puppy-looking like him was this much of a ert? But yeah, all guys were the same. No, all teenagers were always like this deviant.

 

She wanted to see the jealousy look on her bestfriend’s face, so Yaebin didn’t hesitate for one bit, she literally jumped onto the older girl and smashed their lips together. She guessed the vodka had given her such courage and audaciousness. A soft moan escaped Nayoung’s lips when Yaebin skillfully slipped her tongue in and messed around with . It wasn’t the first time Yaebin kissed a girl, she had gotten to learn quite a bit during the several nights of hanging out with Kyungwon in the gay club downtown.

 

“Okay she moans, that’s enough you two!!” They got separated by an angry-looking Kyulkyung. This was also one of those rare moments when the strong and emotionless Im Nayoung had turned into a sad poor puppy, who knew she would have to buy her girlfriend ice cream every day for at least a week to gain forgiveness from the smaller girl.

 

Yaebin spinned the bottle again to keep the game going, and this time, it landed on Jaehyun.

 

“Dare please.”

 

“Ohhh, what should we do with the goody two-shoes Jung Jaehyun huh?” Jongin teased.

 

“I know!!! How about you give your Minky a hickey on her chest? Sounds good for both of you right haha!” Kyungwon said with the most innocent expression shown on her face, both hands clapped together like a little kid.

 

Literally. Kang Yaebin literally wanted to rip Kang Kyungwon’s head off.

 

“Th-that’s too much Kyungwon ah!! Stop being such a ert!” Minkyung retorted in disgust. Her cheeks quickly heated up and turned into a red-pink shade.

 

“You guys have probably done that hundreds of times already. It won’t hurt if now you get yourself a little audience tho. And you’ve heard what Eunwoo said earlier too. It’s the purpose of this game.” Baekhyun eagerly pointed out.

 

“He’s right. It’s ok babe. Just a game. It won’t hurt anyone.” Jaehyun smirked. No one had ever expected that Jung Jaehyun could act like a playboy like this when he was drunk.

 

“Fine then.” Minkyung gave in and started taking off Kyungwon’s t-shirt that she borrowed a while ago. It was too uncomfortable for her to be in that strapless mini-dress, so she went to Kyungwon’s room to get changed.

 

And yes, if Yaebin was still awake 3 hours ago, she would have seen Minkyung in only her bra and thongs.

 

But well, now she got to see half of that anyways, and it was more than enough to make her heart race frantically, pumping all the blood to her face and ears, making them super-duper red.

 

Minkyung took off her t-shirt completely, revealing her black lace strapless bra. And those two things which were named her . They even captured Nayoung’s full attention, who got smacked on the head just a second later by Kyulkyung. She totally got that Victoria’s Secret angel look.

 

She then climbed onto Jaehyun’s lap, her chest facing directly to the guy’s face. Unlike the amusing look on Jaehyun’s face, she seemed nervous, or maybe it was just in Yaebin’s imagination that she saw Minkyung actually trembled quite a bit.

 

Heck, there was no way she could handle this brutal mental torture. So Yaebin stood up and excused herself to go to the bathroom. It was just way too much for her to witness something that was so explicit.

 

Sitting on top of a toilet, she could still hear loud cheers and screams in excitement. Plugging her earphones, she let herself slowly drown in Jesse Rutherford’s calming voice to quiet her thoughts.

 

Yaebin returned approximately 20 minutes later and discovered how wild her group of friend could be. Jongin had nothing on but his black Calvin Klein boxers, ice cream stains were left on his visible 8 packs. Baekhyun, whose lips were smudged with the identical vanilla liquid found on Jongin’s skin, was looking attentively at Eunwoo, who was spelling out her name using her tongue on Kyulkyung’s exposed collar bone. Nayoung and Kyungwon didn’t look too happy with the scene that was on display in front of their eyes. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Minkyung and Jaehyun sitting on the sofa. He had his arm around her, hands continuously rubbing on her bare milky white skin, while Minkyung just put on a bored face like she was about to fall asleep anytime soon. Minkyung was still half-, or one third to be exact, and so Yaebin could clear see the love mark Jaehyun had given to her earlier.

 

Ouch.

 

“FINALLY. Did you diarrhea your way to heaven this time? What the hell took you so long?” Kyungwon was the first one to notice Yaebin had come back.

 

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I must smell really ty right now. Like the perfume you use everyday unnie.” Yaebin sarcastically fired back.

 

“Okay guys let’s not waste time. You missed so many turns now. So you go next, Kang Yaebin. Truth or dare?”

 

“I’ll take a dare.”

 

“Good good. I dare you to make out with little miss perfect who is cuddling her boyfriend right over there. With tongue Yaebin. Tongue! And make her moan your name out loud too!”

 

Kyulkyung knew. Being Yaebin’s bestfriend for years, she had heard the girl complaining about her one-sided love for so many times, how the girl’s face lighted up every time she reminiscing about her child hood friend and their moments together. She was suspicious that the girl her bestfriend was obsessed with had ‘Kim Minkyung’ as her name, because more than once had she caught her bestfriend going through the said girl social media. And the girl’s name was always on top of her search history. Kyulkyung’s suspicion was confirmed that night when Yaebin walked out as Minkyung and her boyfriend began their ual act.

 

It was clear as daylight that Kyulkyung’s dare to Yaebin was out of vengeance, because Kang Yaebin had gotten the guts to make out with her girlfriend right in front of her.

 

“Wh-what??” Yaebin started to panic, and Kyulkyung was satisfied.

 

“You heard me. YOU. HER. TONGUE. Want me to even spell it out for you?” Kyulkyung got that annoying grin on her face and oh how Yaebin wanted to get rid of it with a powerful punch.

 

“Nah, I uhm.. I refuse this dare.”

 

“Oh honey you can’t refuse anything. It’s not fun when people do that.” Kyungwon stated.

 

“Well, is there anything else I can do?”

 

“It’s okay Yaebin ah. Jaehyun’s fine with it. And I’m okay with it too.” Minkyung voiced out softly from where she sat.

 

“I…uhm… I mean…”

 

“Or you can do that with Kongie instead~” Kyulkyung sang her words out, already holding Kongie in her arm.

 

“Heck, I don’t have zoophilia. And that’s disgusting!” Yaebin was grossed out by her friend’s sick mind.

 

“Well I’m definitely sure that Minkyung’s mouth is a lot cleaner than Kongie tho. Your choice.” Kyulkyung just shrugged.

 

“Fine.”

 

And then, Yaebin slowly got closer and closer, each step seemed heavier than the previous ones, her heart was beating wildly in her chest. She then leaned down so their heights were the same. She had her eyes shut tightly, her limbs were shaking like crazy.

 

 

She felt nauseous in the stomach the moment and Kongie met.

 

Yaebin had no idea that her action had hurt one person in the room that night.