Firsts

Firsts

She was the popular cheerleader while you were… the nerd. Not the expected cliché love story but that’s what your love story is. When she first approached you, you thought she maybe needed help with work or just wanted you to do her work and if you were being honest you would’ve done it in a heartbeat.

Rose was… well she was Rose. Popular, beautiful, kind, amazing, talented, gorgeous… you could go on for days but in summary she was perfect whereas you were pretty average. You got high grades, a good group of friends and were an average student, nothing interesting. 

So the fact that she even came and talked to you, much less know you existed, was surprising nonetheless. That was the beginning. Your first actual conversation.

~~Flashback~~

“Hey Y/N wait up!” You turned around looking for the owner of the voice and soon you saw her panting in front of you. You stared at her with an open mouth speechless, “Y/N?” You realized you were staring and snapped back to reality, “Uh Oh- yea Rose?” Your voice cracked at the end out of nervousness and she giggles her cute little giggle that you love to overhear (Jesus you sounded like a stalker).

“Ummm I was wondering if you maybe wanted to hang out… afterschool?” You stared at her speechless once again, only to find your voice again as you saw a blush rise onto her face, “OH! Umm… Yea. Yea… I’ll meet you near the gates?” “Yea ok…”

(Time skip in the flashback cause inception)

.

.

.

You heard the final bell ring and ran towards the gates out of excitement, as you neared you saw her waiting there looking flawless. You came to a stop and admired her from afar, something you did a lot, her chubby cheeks and the way she would smile at absolutely nothing.

You walked towards her making her notice you and shoot up from the staircase she was sitting on, “Ready?” “Yea.” A huge smile grew on her face as she took your hand and led you out.

And that was the start of your odd but beautiful relationship. The “hangout” went pretty well, you made her laugh and blush and you weren’t a gay panicked mess the whole time so things were going good. From there on you started to spend more time with her, whether it was eating lunch together or sitting next to each other in class, you two were always found together.

Due to her always clinging to you, you had garnered attention that was very much unwanted but also expected. I mean “head cheerleader starts hanging out with a nobody” was bound to get some students interested but at the same time you hadn’t realized it would create such a big fuss.

Every day you would hear whispers as you walked past groups of students, whether you were paying her to hang out with you or if she was using you, maybe you were a bet between her friends and you would be lying if you said it hadn’t got to you.

Were you just a dumb bet between her and her friends? Maybe she was going to ask you to do her work sooner or later? Maybe you were some sort of charity case to her?

 That led to your first fight… and quite oddly, you couldn’t be happier for that.

You kept your head down trying to get out of the hallway as soon as possible, “Jesus can these meat bags move faster…” You growled underneath your breath. You turned around to quickly look back at the class you just ran out of and catch the cute girl exit the door.

You see her look around the hallways and make eye contact with her, widening your eyes you quickly turn around and push through everybody. You curse yourself for being taller than her and realise she’s going to be able to easily spot you.

You quicken your foot steps and turn back to see her gaining ground on you. You realise people start parting like the red sea to let her pass and you curse at the people blocking your way, “What is she? Jesus?”

You feel her grab your wrist and widen your eyes, slowly turning around, “We need to talk. Now.” You gulp as she pulls you away from the crowd to a secluded area. “Talk.” You gulp as you take in her serious expression, ‘Play dumb Y/N’ “Don’t even try to play dumb.” ‘Well ...’

You sighed and looked down letting the silence surround you two, trying to think of a way to explain everything in your head, “It hurts…” Your head shot up at her trembling voice, “What..?” “It hurts. You doing this hurts.” You stared at her with wide eyes watching tears slowly start to form, feeling your heart break at the sight. You tried forming words but found yourself speechless.

“Are you really that dense? Why do you think I suddenly started to talk to you?” You stared at her, opening and closing your gaping mouth, once again failing to form words, “You I like you.” At her bold sentence you jaw completely goes slack earning a roll of the eyes from her.

Because your first fight led to your first kiss.

She grabs your face and pulls you smashing your lips together, your eyes widen even more and you stare at her closed eyes. Your brain seems to switch on as you slowly close your eyes and kiss back, wrapping your arms around her waist. Rose wraps her arms around your neck and you keep kissing until your hear the bell ring.

You break apart, hands not leaving eachother, “That was…” Rose laughed at your blushing face tucking her head into your neck. “You never told me why you were ignoring me.” You laughed at her mumbling and kissed the top of her head, “I started overthinking and people were talking.” She hummed understanding what you meant.

“What are we now?” She looked at your blushing face laughing at your cute remark, “Your mine and I’m yours.” A smile grew on your face and you kissed her again. You got lost in the kiss again only snapping back to reality when you felt Rose hit you on your chest repeatedly, “What?!” “CLASS!”

You glared at her worried expression, “The bell rang like 10 mins ago. We’re already late Y/N!” “I’m meant to be the nerd.” You kissed her again, stopping her from speaking.

You smiled at the memory remembering how you made her skip the rest of the day and the both of you went to the amusement park.

“Y/N WHERE ARE WE GOING?” “SHHHH do you wanna get us caught?” You whispered harshly. At your command she be quiet but still had a pout on her face. You were trying to get past a teacher and then sneak out of the gates and honestly her incessant questioning wasn’t helping.

You hold her hand and pull her forward, finally sneaking past and getting out of the school you open the door for Rose but only get her glaring at you in return.

“You still haven’t told me where we’re going. I don’t want to get into trouble.” You sighed and leaned forward to plant a kiss, “I promise you won’t get into trouble. Trust me.” She gave a groan after staring at your hopeful eyes, finally giving in.

You smiled at her and kissed her again before closing her door and heading over to your side.

And that was technically your first date.

Rose’s eyes catch the huge ferris wheel and she lets out a scream of happiness, suddenly jumping in her seat as she realizes where you two are. You can only laugh at her actions as you pull into a parking spot.

You get out and go over to her side to open the door for her, feeling her hold your hand as you close the door after her. You lock your car and move towards the entrance.

After paying for both tickets you two walk around hand in hand trying to figure out what you want to do next. A rollercoaster catches both of your eyes but not for the same reasons.

You turn to her with a smile on your face, only for her to back away from you, “No no no no no.” You chase her down getting attention from the people around you. You pick her up and run to the rollercoaster getting in the small line.

(another inception timeskip uwu)

.

.

.

 You get out of the rollercoaster a smile on your face as you skip in giddy…. Whereas Rose… she… “I ing hate you.”

You laugh at her glare and run up to her, giving her a kiss on her lips as you squish her body against yours, “No you don’t.” A smile starts to bloom on her face along with a blush as she tries to keep up the angry façade, “Smile for me and I’ll buy you food.”

Next thing you know you have a mouth-filled chipmunk across you stuffing her face with churros, she looks up at you with her eyes wide making the smile on your face grow even bigger than it was. A blush rises to her face once again as she moves a churro to near your mouth, a silent question making you chuckle.

You take a bite, smiling at her cute action, “Thanks babe.” “Oh nicknames now, you move pretty fast?” You laugh before hitting her back with an equally smart remark, “What you don’t like it?” Her embarrassed smile answers your question and you feed her another churro just for being cute… , you really were whipped.

.

.

.

You both had gotten a few missed calls from your friends and mothers, worried as to where you were but neither of you wanted to deal with them. The two of you quickly sent texts to your parents ands stuffed your phones back in your pocket.

You looked at the night sky, the park had finally come alive, bright fairy lights adorning the whole place as more families came and children ran around the place.

Both of you had smiles on your faces throughout the day and this time it was because of these two kids getting scolded at their mom when they tried coming up to the pair of you and getting your numbers.

“I mean they were pretty cute 8-year olds.” Rose smacked your arm with a pout, “We just started dating and you’re already looking at others.” She faked cried making you laugh even harder, “Awww Rosieee!”

You pull her into you and leave kisses all over her cheeks, “I. Only. Have. Eyes. For. You.” She turns towards you with a proud smile, her arms finally uncrossing and wrapping around your shoulders, “That’s how it should be.”

She leans in and gives you a slow kiss, only breaking apart when you hear an “Awww man” from the side. Rose and you turn your head to see the two boys from earlier with pouts on their faces making both of you laugh once again.

After you finish panting you look around once again, Rose realizes you haven’t been on one ride and pulls you toward it without question.

“Hey hey! Where are we going?!” “One more.” You can only follow in confusion as she pulls you through the crowd.

.

.

.

That was how you ended up here, a year later. Both of you held hands just like before, only difference was this time you weren’t wearing your uniforms and Rose had decided to change her hair from the brown to a fiery red.

The ferris wheel.

Rose had wanted to do something cliché and cute for your one-year anniversary so you decided to surprise her by going back to where everything first started.

The day had been going great so far but a voice in the back of your head kept your nerves up. You wanted to finally say the words. Those three words that every girl dreamed to hear.

To some it was a casual thing, to others it was some sort of promise, something that meant you were willing to do anything for the other.

Rose was put into the latter category, she was an old romantic and it was another thing you loved about her. Love. You were gonna tell her you loved her tonight and you were doing it in the most cliché, romantic, gag-worthy way possible.

You neared the top of the ferries wheel, your heart going a mile a minute as you looked at the girl beside you.

Your hands were intertwined as you stopped at the top, the bright park above you contrasting against the dark sky that showed a few stars scattered across. “Isn’t it beautiful?” “What? You?” She laughed at your compliment, leaning her head onto your shoulder, “You’ve always been a smooth talker haven’t you.”

And that’s when you blurted it out, those three magical words.

Her smile filled your vision, her cheeks painted a colour fit to her name before she made a million butterflies erupt inside you.

And that was the first time both of you said “I love you”