one

risky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heaving a deep breath, Jennie could feel the weight in her chest increasing over time. Her hands reached for the door knob to one of the practice rooms, prying it open and closed it as soon she stepped her foot inside. Her back leaned against the door, before her legs gave out on her and she slid onto the cold, hard floor. Tears started to stream down her cheeks with no intention to stop anytime soon. Trying to stifle her sobs, she pressed the back of her hand against to muffle her sobs that could echo within the four walls. She knew couldn't take it anymore when instead, her cries got louder as time passed and her chest rose with every recovering breaths she took.

 

 

Inside a studio that linked the practice room and the recording room, Hanbin heard the door clicking open and someone entering. He rolled his office chair back, trying to make out the silhouette through the translucent door. Within seconds, he heard the sound of someone crying, obviously a girl, and he was at a loss of what to do.

It definitely distracted him from his work. Being the workaholic he was, it wasn't foreign to him that every day, at 4AM, the company's security guards were going to conduct spot checks in the building. He took heed that the clock was going to strike 4 soon, and if the guards ever see the girl and him in the same place, under the rule that boys and girls in the company should never interact or even use the same room, it would cause an extremely big problem.

Here he was, pushing the door open and it took not one, not two, but three seconds to realise that the crouching figure in front of him was Jennie. He was bewildered, almost about to stop on his tracks when the clock on his digital watch beeped, indicating the start of another hour.

Jennie did not budge, nor did she realise that Hanbin was standing in front of her, hands in his pockets and biting his lip to show his nervousness. She was still crying, albeit a lot calmer, she seemed so vulnerable at that moment.

With a swift motion, Hanbin reached for her arm and pulled her up, a shriek coming out of Jennie's mouth. He pinned her against the wall, away from the sight of any guards who were about to enter. He used his right hand to switch off the lights, and the room became pitch dark instantly.

With his other hand still holding onto her wrist, he whispered, "Don't say anything."

Jennie was shook to her wits. She did make out who was standing in front of her. At such close proximity, his voice, his breath, the way his hand held hers delicately. After all, who else but him would be here at such a timing?

They could hear footsteps advancing closer, and his heart was beating exceptionally fast that day. He scooted closer to her, silently apologising in his head for invading her personal space, while Jennie was the one who tugged onto his shirt to prevent him from falling.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter