It's NOT A Date!

The "Bridge"

"Myungsoo," Sunggyu was the one who started for him and Woohyun. "I don’t think this whole match making thing is a good idea…"

"Why not?" was Myungsoo’s reply.

"Well for starters you yourself have no experience in the dating area whatsoever," Woohyun answered.

“That’s a minor problem hyung,” Myungsoo said before giving them a grin. “Besides with all the romance mangas I’ve read I’m practically an expert in love.”

‘Idiot is what you are,’ Sunggyu and Woohyun thought at the same time.

“Besides,” Myungsoo started with a cheeky grin. “I’ve already got the perfect plan.”

“You do?” Sungyeol asked.

“Yeah,” Myungsoo said. “First we need to get them closer for their relationship to go up a level.”

“And how do you plan to do that?” Dongwoo asked. “I mean the reason Jongie practically stalks Hoya is cause he’s too nervous to talk to him upfront.”

“Which is why we need to change that first,” Myungsoo replied. “We just need to leave the two of them alone with no escape so Jongie is forced to talk with him and stop being awkward.”

“And how do you plan to do that?” Woohyun asked repeating Dongwoo’s previous question.

“Just leave it to me,” Myungsoo said with a smirk obviously trying to act mysterious making Sunggyu and Woohyun roll their eyes while Sungyeol and Dongwoo laughed obnoxiously loud.

“I really have a bad feeling about this,” Sunggyu said.

“Oh come on hyung,” Sungyeol said with tears in his eyes from laughing. “What does Jongie have to lose?”

“Yeah,” Dongwoo added. “If no one’s gonna give him a push he’ll just pine for Hoya’s love forever.”

“Fine,” Sunggyu sighed in defeat. “Just make sure your plans won’t kill the two of them from embarrassment.”

“Of course,” Myungsoo said with a reassuring smile. “My plans will be full proof and 100% effective.”

 

-------


Sungjong didn’t get to join them for lunch that day making Myungsoo very proud that he’s the reason his best friend is spending time with his crush instead, giving him every teasing right possible when they saw each other again for class.

"Aren’t you all smiley now?" Myungsoo started when Sungjong sat beside him as they waited for their teacher to come.

"No I’m not," Sungjong said forcing down his smile.

"Yes you are," Myungsoo said as he poked the other’s cheeks. "Your lunch date with Hoya went well?"

"It wasn’t-" Sungjong cut himself off as he realized that his voice was loud catching those who were nearby’s attention making him pull Myungsoo closer and whisper. "It wasn’t a date idiot, he just shared me his lunch."

"Bet you fed him too," Myungsoo said chuckling.

"I did not!" Sungjong said blushing.

"Your red face tells another story though," Myungsoo teased.

"I really didn’t do no such thing!" Sungjong whispered furiously with his red face as he remembered what happened as he and Hoya were eating.


“This is delicious hyung,” Sungjong said honestly as he ate Hoya’s supposed have breakfast.

"My mom’s a real great cook," Hoya said.

"Oh hyung, you have some sauce on your lips," Sungjong said as he then put his chopsticks down then brushed his thumb on it making it disappear before stopping and blushing bright red as he realized what he did. "Oh . I am so sorry hyung my hand moved on it’s own and it kinda reminded me of my neighbor Kyungsoon and i guess on instinct I just… just… I am so sorry."

"Don’t apologize Sungjong," Hoya laughed. "Besides, I’m gonna do the same to you."

Before the younger could respond Hoya’s thumb brushed against the side of Sunglong’s lips sweeping a grain of rice away from it making his heart beat a million times faster and his lips turn into an instant smile.

"Now we’re even," Hoya smiled as the two of them continued eating and spend their lunch in a peaceful bliss.

 

"You’re getting redder by the minute Jongie," Myungsoo commented. "Did you remember something nice about your time in the clinic earlier?"

"Maybe," was all Sungjong replied with a smile.

"Tell me~" Myungsoo whined.

"No way," Sungjong refused. "You’re just gonna tease me, besides seonsaengnim is here so at least try to look like you’re listening."

"I’m always listening," Myungsoo replied with a slight pout making Sungjong laugh a little as he poked his bottom lip.

"Pouting doesn’t suit you Myung," Sungjong said before class formally started

 

-------


When school ended for the day and Myungsoo and Sungjong were walking home together Myungsoo decided to put his acting skills to the test and put his plan to get Sungjong and Hoya closer into action.

“Hey Jongie,” Myungsoo started. “When do you think Hoya can go to school again?”

“The doctor said it was just a mild sprain,” Sungjong explained. “So 3 days in bed with ice and a bandage on should get the swelling down and have him walking again.”

“Perfect!” Myungsoo said happily. “My mom got tickets for this Saturday for the new aquarium that just opened.”

“What’s so perfect about it?”

"The ticket’s good for 7 people," Myungsoo lied with a smile. "I already told Yeol and the others to come and since Hoya will be fine by, let’s say this Thursday, we'll be exactly 7 people."

“You haven’t asked me yet though,” Sungjong said before feigning to be hurt. “I can’t believe you would forget to invite your best friend, does our friendship mean nothing to you?”

“Shut up Jongie,” Myungsoo chuckled as he threw his arm around the other’s shoulder. “I know for sure you would come, especially since I will invite Hoya.”

 “What?” Sungjong said a shocked at the accusation and quickly turning red. “I’m not only going cause Hoya-hyung will be there! Of course I’ll be going to have fun with you guys.”

“I was kidding Jongie,” Myungsoo laughed as he piched the other's cheeks. “Don’t get so defensive.”

“I wasn’t being defensive,” Sungjong pouted a bit as they reached his home

“Sure you weren’t,” Myungsoo teased as he let the other go and he went towards his own home next door. “I’ll see you tomorrow then Jongie.”

“Or we’ll just see each other later,” Sungjong smiled.

“True,” the elder said with his own smile as the two of them entered their home just to see each other again when they enter their rooms later.

 

-------

 

The week passed by quickly and Myungsoo was right, by Thursday Hoya was with them again in class and eating with them during lunch. His ankle was healed and he was advised to lightly exercise it for the rest of the week by walking around before going back to soccer next week.

So when Myungsoo invited him to the aquarium this Saturday he completely agreed, although he got some other reactions from the others.

“What aquarium?” Sungyeol asked during lunch when Myungsoo invited Hoya. “Why aren’t you inviting us- OW!”

“What are you talking about Yeol?” Myungsoo said as he retracted his leg as he just kicked the other’s shin. “I invited you earlier this week, remember?”

Myungsoo emphasized the word remember as he looked at the others except, Hoya and Sungjong, too. Dongwoo was about to say something else but thankfully Woohyun caught on fast.

“Yeah Yeol,” Woohyun said holding Dongwoo’s hand hard giving him a cue to be quiet. “For this Saturday, remember?”

Sungyeol was about to say that he didn't remember but the look Myungsoo was giving him said that he’ll kick him where it matters next if he says anything else, so the choding chose to be smart for once and stay quiet ending the talk about the aquarium as they decided to focus on something else instead, like how Sungyeol's shin was turning black and blue from 'hitting it on the table'.

 


 

and look who's still alive hahaha

this chapter got pretty long so I decided to split it... *runs of to finish second part*