12:45

4:45

Disclaimer: This story is a one-shot, which became a two-shot because a friend wanted the date. So here you guys have it, the fluffy i-dont-know-why-this-is-written sequel! 

 


 

Folders stacked up nicely on the side of the huge table, walls voided of any personality, sleeves both rolled up, hair up in a messy ponytail, Mina resisted chewing on the end of her pen as the phone meeting went on into the second hours. The Shanghai office was due for opening in less than two months but manpower and legal matters were still in chaos, even with her trusty cousin helming the company. “Engage another law firm if we need to, but we must get the papers signed and have the authorities on our side before the end of the week, Sana,” the CEO spoke, “Yes I know the problems with the manpower, but I want the legalities to be done first.”

Jihyo
Are you still in your office?
I mean, I didn't want to intrude, but your lights are still on.
And it’s already 12:45.
Wait, you’re not replying. Are you asleep?
OH MY GOD AM I DISTURBING YOU?
GOOD NIGHT.

Myoui Mina
Apologies for the late reply. Yes, I am still in the office. My meeting ran late. Have a good night, Jihyo.

Jihyo
Oh!
Do you need a ride?
I mean, I am still around the area.
You can be my last fare again!

Mina can’t hide the grin that was creeping up her face as her cellphone lit up right after her reply. “Just get it done cousin,” Mina muttered, taking some folders that she would need to look through before the meetings in the morning and keeping them in her bag, “It’s late. We’ll talk tomorrow.”

Myoui Mina
I’d love to. See you in 5.

--

“Hey”
“Hey you.”
“Should I give you my address before I fall asleep?”

Jihyo blushed, recalling how they first met, “I know where you stay now.”

“Should I be worried then?”

“Oh my god, I didn't mean it that way. I remembered where you stayed from the other day. I mean, it’s near here and it’s freaking mansion, just right here in Gangnam, so you can’t blame me for remembering,” Jihyo rambled, face turning redder and redder as she spoke.

The CEO placed her hand on Jihyo’s arm as gentle smile painted Mina’s expression, “I was just teasing you.”

--

The game center was all lights and noise, chaos and people all over, not the scene that Mina was used to. Though she can get used to the grin plastered on Jihyo’s face as the older girl pulled her deeper into the arcade.

“Okay, I know this is not the kind of dates that you’re used to,” Jihyo started, barely able to contain her grin, “but we didn't meet the normal way either, so I thought why not skip the movie and dinner, and have something fun instead!”

Mina raised an eyebrow, “Well, I’d have you known that I am really not that good in these games.”

Jihyo tugged the younger girl’s hand, leading her towards a machine at the far end, “Well, I’d have you known that I am great at these games, and all you have to do is to pick what plushies you want!”

The CEO had to admit that it was hard to not be excited as the duo tried out different game machines. Jihyo was practically bouncing from one to another, and the machines just kept churning out tickets that they had to take one of those baskets to keep their winnings. Tetris, now that was one game that Mina was embarrassingly great at – “It’s so boring!!” Jihyo pouted, as the CEO remained undefeated for the past 20 games or so – but at least Mina made up for her share of tickets with that boring game.

“We are not going to win tickets for this, but I’d get you that fluffy unicorn!” Jihyo declared as the pair stood in front of the balloon shooting game. Mina swore those shooting games were rigged, and looked at the excited girl in doubt. Jihyo huffed as she passed a five thousand won bill to the uninterested game master, taking up her air pistol, “Trust me, will you!!”

And Mina knew to trust the older girl’s gaming skills when she was now the brand new owner to a huge fluffy unicorn. She tried to hide her blush when the other girl handed it over to her, whispering, “You’re as magical as the unicorn.”

The rest of the afternoon passed with the pair trying almost every game in the arcade, sans the zombie shooting games because “they are so disgusting, and I can do without brain matters splashing across the screens, Mina.” They stopped in front of a basketball machine and Jihyo grinned at her date, “Shall we have a competition?”

“Why can’t we compete in Tetris instead?”

An eye-roll later, “Because it’s boring and I’ll fall asleep.”

“Rude.”

--

The media would have a field day if they had seen Mina right now, arms full of plushies alongside a way too excited girl.

“You had fun right?” Jihyo asked, a look of uncertainty clouded over her grin, “I mean this is different from what you are used to right? Being a CEO and all that. I just want you to have a good time.”

The CEO smirked at Jihyo, “I’d if someone helped to carry these plushies.”

Jihyo giggled, plucking the Snorlax and the fluffy unicorn out of Mina’s arms as the pair walked towards Jihyo’s car. Mina hooked the little penguin plush keychain on her clutch after dumping the rest of the plushies in the backseat. “Home bound?” the CEO asked, strapping down at the passenger seat.

“I was hoping,” Jihyo muttered, “I mean, if you want to, we can go for an early dinner? Doesn’t a date usually include dinner? Well, I am not very good at this dating thing, but I mean, it’s up to you. Okay, time to shut up. I’m rambling. Yup. Zip.”

Mina laughed, and Jihyo thought if there were just one sound she can hear for the rest of her life, it would probably be that.

“I’d love to have dinner with you.”

--

Ryunique.

“Are you sure you want to dine here?”

“I…erm…yeah! I mean, you don’t mind European cuisine, do you? Oh my god, you hate it? Shall we go somewhere else? I thought this is a good place. I mean, I googled before the date, and it’s not like I am expecting that we will go for dinner, but just in case? And it’s one of the Top 100 restaurants in the world? I thought you’d like-”

Mina touched Jihyo’s arm to stop her from panicking further, “I do like Ryunique,” she started, “But do you?”

A sheepish look crossed Jihyo’s face, “Well, there’s a first for everything?”

The CEO laughed, pulling the older girl away from the restaurant. “You don’t have to impress me, you know?” Walking down the street and turning around a few corners, down an alleyway, the pair stopped in front a hole-in-the-wall eating-place. “I come here often enough, walking distance from the office and all, and I want to share it with you.” A kimbab place nestled in the midst of the tall buildings, looking way too modest for a CEO to dine in greeted the duo. “It’s not always restaurants and fine dining for me. In fact, I try to avoid those as much as I can.”

"Plus, I’m already impressed by you. By everything you’ve done so far.”

--

Gorgeous CEO
I had fun today. Thank you.

Rambling Cutie
Yay!
I can’t wait to see you again.
Is that too soon?
I mean, I had fun too.

Gorgeous CEO
I can’t wait to see you again too.
-photo-

Rambling Cutie
Oh god, I feel bad but…
I am jealous of that stupid unicorn now.

Fluffy Unicorn
You should have come up then.
You could have been in the place of this unicorn you know…

Rambling Cutie
.
I mean.
Ignore that. Don’t tease. Don’t be mean.

Fluffy Unicorn
I’m just saying…