final.

a letter for joohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dear Hyun,

 

Hey, love. It’s me, Seulgi. I heard that things have been hard for you over the past days huh? Please cheer up, I don’t want to see you sad. You know that right? I hope you’re eating well too. I told Wendy to cook for you. It must be fun to have an enthusiastic cook for a while huh? :D If you miss my cooking, I wrote the recipes of your favorite dishes that I used to cook for you; it’s written on the leather journal you gave me during my 21st birthday. I hope you still have it though, I even doodled on it, love. I know you adore my doodles.

I know this might be a hard time for you since I am away doing something with the company of good people. You always told me that I belong with good people; I didn’t believe you at first remember? But as expected, you’re right again, love. I have danced and performed with talented and cool people, and the crowd seems to love us too. They told me that they love the way I dance, calling me Cool Seulgi. Can you believe it, love? Someone finally finds me cool besides you. Also, please stop worrying if I’m doing well, because I am, Hyun. Even though, we are separated from each other, but I still think about you daily. That’s why I am doing my best to be well. I don’t want you to worry about me, love. I want you to look after yourself. Okay?

Hyun, some of my companions tease me a lot. They kept on insisting that a person who keeps losing on games will have a girlfriend. Little did they know, I have you. I mean, I had you. So I decided to show them a picture of us and they couldn't believe it. They said that you’re too pretty to be my girlfriend, they kept on saying that you’re way out of my league. Which may be true, but you were mine once. Right, love? That’s why I told them the things we did and I bragged about you just to shut them up.

I told them about the day when we sat in front of the Han River, exchanging gifts, laughing like there’s no tomorrow, and of course our stolen kisses. Remember when people hated seeing us being together? When they said it was too unusual? There was a teasing smirk on your face that day and you blatantly kissed me in front of the seemingly disgusted crowd. I must admit I was embarrassed, but you were laughing so much it overshadowed the hateful remarks of the people. My face was red, and it was not because I was embarrassed with what you did, rather, it was because your laugh echoed inside my heart and my mind, completely intoxicating me.

I also told them on how you took care of me when I had a cold. It was raining then, the sound of the thunder terrified your little frame, I knew about it but kept it within me because you were trying your best to protect and help me. I remember how gentle your hands were, how your soft voice was, and the way your eyes glimmered with pain when you saw me experience discomfort. Your gentle touches, your soothing voice, and your never-ending care became my home, love. You have the ability to heal people and I am so proud to witness it with my own eyes.

I told them a lot about you, love. I told them how great you are as a person and as a woman. You always spoke carefully, threading your sentences with proper words as you articulated your complex thoughts. The gentleness of your touches and words can h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter