TWO

All At Once

The YG Headquarters Building was located two blocks from where Samantha had spent the last year and a half working. It loomed on the corner of the street, ornate in it's design and bold in it's structure. Everybody knew this building held some of the top musical minds in the country, maybe even the world. And knowing that fact made her even more nervous than she was when she'd woken up that morning to get ready for her 'new job'. She'd never stepped foot into the Headquarters Building, but now this would be the new space she called home now that she was being transferred to a permanent position as one of Winner's backup dancers.

She'd spent the weekend after getting the news of her so called promotion in her studio apartment, reading and simply trying to wrap her head around the fact that she was now going to be touring the world with one of the hottest groups of 2018. Two days ago the only thing she'd been worried about was one simple dance routine, now she would be responsible for knowing an entire concert worth of songs, and by how long Winner had been on hiatus, she assumed she wouldn't get long to have everything memorized and ready for performance. Which is why, on the Sunday before she reported to her new workplace, she promised herself that she was going to work harder than anyone else. This was the chance of a lifetime, she couldn't let it slip through her fingers. Not after everything she'd been through and how much her teachers belived in her talent.

When Monday morning had come, she'd gotten out of bed before the sun was up and had prepared herself for the day. The Headquarters Building was a 10 minute walk from her apartment building, and she used that time to mentally prepare herself for a day of introductions and new faces, something she was inwardly nervous about. She knew she was going to be looked at constantly as the 'new girl'. Just like before, everybody was going to have questions, and she didn't plan on giving them answers this time either. 

She used her new card to gain entrance to the building, taking slow steps as she walked through the foyer to the stairs that led down to the practice rooms. Posters and platinum awards lined the walls, from Big Bang to JinuSean. Everything about the building seemed to scream success to her. In this building, failure ws simply not an option. 

Her instructor had given her a quick rundown of where the practice rooms were located and how to find where she was supposed to go, which made it easy for her to find the large practice room with the Winner logo embelished on the glass door. It was twenty minutes before the practice was supposed to start, so she was the first to arrive and decided she might as well get the room situated and warm up her muscles. So she the lights once she opened the practice room door, stepping inside to take in the room before her.

The floors were nicer, cleaner, than the dance department practice room. The mirrors covered three of the four walls and an expensive stereo system sat in the far corner for practice use. The difference didn't surprise Samantha in the slightest; YG had money to afford the best tools for success, but it would obviously be spent on those who actually mattered- the artists. Still, she felt grateful to be able to get the opportunity to utilize these facilities as well. Maybe, if she somehow played her cards right, she could use the practice room after hours and get in some personal practice.

She sat her bag in a cubby that sat by the door and removed her jacket and sweatpants, leaving her in a pair of spandex Nike shorts and a baggy, long-sleeved black shirt tucked in the front. She wore a pair of vans on her feet- a super old pair that were beaten up from many dsys of practice. She'd be needing a new pair soon, but liked the broken-in feel of her current ones. She pulled her long black hair up into a ponytail, letting the tail fall in messy waves down past her shouders. She never wore jewelry when she danced, seeing it only as a hindrance.

She began a light series of warm up stretches, feeling her body limber up and stretch to itd usual flexible state. She'd been dancing since she was 6, and she'd alwasy made sure to keep her flexibility. Though now, her current style of dance didn't call for it as much as it used to..

She let her mind drift back to the leotards and pointe shoes she'd used to hoard years ago. Back when ballet and contemporary dance had been her main focus. Back when getting into Juliard had been the greatest day of her life- the auditions had been so grueling but she'd left everything she had on that stage. That was before her freshman year, before she met people she thought were her friends, before the end of year recital....before-

"You must be the new girl!" A voice broke her out of her thoughts, and Samantha realized she'd simply been sitting on the floor looking at her reflection in the mirror, her breath picking up it's pace. She quickly swallowed back the lump in her throught and got up off the floor, turning around to see a group of a dozen people making their way into the practice room. Six males and five females, all of different heights and personalities. They looked at her with friendly but curious smiles, seeming to be analyzing her with their gazes.

"It's nice to meet you," Samantha said as she bowed politely. "My name is Samantha Park, I'll be working with you all this tour. I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to be here early, I just thought I would warm up beforehand."

"It's fine, we're all welcome to use the practice room when it's not reserved." A girl who looked closest in age to her said. "My name is Jang Yeri, we've heard alot of great things about you!" The rest of the group began to introduce themselves to her, each expressing that they were glad to have her joining their group. Samantha could already tell that they were a closeknit bunch, more like a family than coworkers. The thought left a warm feeling in her chest that she appreciated.

"People tell us that you're pretty quiet- you tend to kind of stick to yourself." Jaehwan, one of the male dancers, spoke as they all began to warm up.  "If you need help with anything, please don't be afraid to ask. We've all been the new person before, we know it's not going to be that easy, especially this close to tour. But we all think you'll do just fine." 

Samantha didn't know what to say, but gave him a nod and a small smile of thanks as she resumed her own stretching. It made her feel slightly better knowing that she could ask questions if she needed to. She just hoped she wouldn't be so overwhelmed by the load of information she was going to get. 

"We'll start with the title songs for now and work our way down to the rest of the other choreagraphies," Yeri said as she stepped over to the speakers. "This is our first time working with Winner as an entire group, so placements amongst the stage still haven't been decided and most of the songs they'll perform don't need dancers. So we'll get down the basic choreagraphy over the next few days and then Friday, the boys will officially be joining us for the last two weeks of practices before we do our first stage rehearsal downtown. We start off the tour here in Seoul and then head around Asia before we hit Europe and lastly the United States- 25 tour dates in total."

Samantha nodded her head, hearing the beginning of "Really Really" come through the speakers and engulf the entire room. With one last roll of her shoulders, she joined the others in the middle of the room, staring herself down in the mirror. 

It was now or never. Make or break.